#1 Post by kv » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:44 am

this

:ele:

what's your best thing on youtube?

creep
Site Admin

Re: the new best thing on youtube

#2 Post by creep » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:15 am

easily the best video on youtube in my opinion.

creep
Site Admin

#3 Post by creep » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:15 am

i've been watching full pro shot faith no more shows lately. a few of my favorites.

were you at this show larry? the audience is just nuts at this show.

another show from chile i like. what's the deal with the audience spitting on the band? do you guys still do that larry?

Romeo

#4 Post by Romeo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:21 am

It's the end, what Nana says.
I love old people cursing

Larry B.

#5 Post by Larry B. » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:58 am

creep wrote:i've been watching full pro shot faith no more shows lately. a few of my favorites.

were you at this show larry? the audience is just nuts at this show.
Yup, I was there. It was an incredible show, really. Since I went with my gf I didn't buy floor tickets, so I wasn't right there where the action was going on. The band was amazing, as usual, and their connection with the Chilean audience is second to none. If I remember correctly, when they play Midlife Crisis Patton makes a reference to "the spitting incident" and asks for the audience to spit on him again during the song. A small interchange of phlegm ensues.
creep wrote: another show from chile i like. what's the deal with the audience spitting on the band? do you guys still do that larry?
The now defunct "Monsters of Rock" festival had that tradition, that I don't know how the fuck it started. It was just that: spit on the bands. I think Marilyn Manson was seriously pissed off about this. Patton, instead, took the opportunity and a legend was created. Midlife Crisis is the peak of the spitting interaction and he sort of carried on with the ritual every time they've played here. Two days before the show in the first video, they played a show in the same arena of the spitting incident. Again, before Midlife Crisis he said something like "no spitting this time, ok? ... Oh fuck it, with spits it's a lot better."

I can state for the record that the Chilean audience does NOT spit on bands just for the sake of it. Unless it's at a Monsters of Rock festival.

May I also recommend checking out FNM's very first shows in Chile, which were in the weirdest possible scenario. Chile has a 'Viña del Mar Festival', which since like 1980 is organized every year in Viña del Mar, a city on the coast, one hour away from Santiago. It's mostly a family oriented festival with singers, an international competition, comedy numbers, magic show and stuff like that. Since it's family oriented, rock music was never present. You had mostly romantic bands and singers, a few pop groups, etc. So, it's 1991 and the son of Viña del Mar's Major is a pretty big FNM fan. So they hire the band to play not one, but TWO nights of the week-long festival. A conservative country like Chile in 1991 was not ready for a guy sitting on a member of the jury's lap, pinching the host's ass (who was a man, btw), and surely not ready for Faith No More as a whole. Plus, nobody knew who the fuck they were and they didn't know what the fuck they were doing here.

Here you'll find both half-hour shows: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_t ... ry=0&page=

kv

#6 Post by kv » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:59 am

spitting or gobbing...minging goes back to early punk it's meant as approval...never done it myself and it's gross as fuck

ellis

#7 Post by ellis » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:00 pm

I love this band.

Matz

#8 Post by Matz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:22 am

it's not the best thing on youtube, but its an interesting one I think. I was trying to find the band that Jane's stole the main riff in Ocean size from and I was unsuccessful once again, but I will find it at some point. But I found another bit they must have stolen as well for the intro. Beautiful song by the way :lol:

Hype

#9 Post by Hype » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:27 am

I love that song, and especially that version of it (with the chicken noises!) :rockon:

crater

#10 Post by crater » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Watch in HD & Full Screen for maximum effect

Matz

#11 Post by Matz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:06 pm

cool, very well done

Lokus

#12 Post by Lokus » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:20 am

Mmm...I'm sorry, but this is the best thing on Youtube.