First World Problem of the Day

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
crater

Re: First World Problem of the Day

#101 Post by crater » Sun May 08, 2016 7:16 pm

chaos wrote:Amazon's delivery service (AMZL-US). :waits:

It is terrible. They have never gotten my address right on their first delivery attempt.
See! I'm not the only one that's had lame service with my orders from Amazon.

I could even add to my previous issue with the BABYMETAL Pop's I ordered.

Since my printer doesn't work, I had to order a mailing label from Amazon for $1.00, so I could ship the identical one back for my refund.

It said it would take 3-5 business days for it to arrive. I did that on the 18th of last month and my mailing label still hasn't shown up.

Since it's been such a hassle I just said fuck it, I'll just have duplicate Moametal Pop.

creep
Site Admin

#102 Post by creep » Sun May 08, 2016 9:14 pm

i think she is complaining about the amazon local delivery service that delivers shit like groceries and prime now stuff. not the stuff that comes from the regular amazon website.

i think you are still the only person with issues.

Hype

#103 Post by Hype » Mon May 09, 2016 6:17 am

Yeah, I've never had issues with Amazon deliveries. I've had weird things with individual sellers that don't go through Amazon's distribution hubs, but I have Prime so I try to only buy from the ones I can get Prime shipping with.

It might depend on where you live though. I live 30 minutes from the local Amazon warehouse.

chaos

#104 Post by chaos » Mon May 09, 2016 7:36 am

I have prime and am guaranteed 2 day shipping (on applicable orders). If they ship something through Amazon's own delivery service (rather than UPS, FedEx, or the post office), they have issues. For example, a few months ago I placed an order on a Saturday. About an hour after I placed the order they sent me a shipping confirmation with tracking info. It indicated that the package had been delivered. :confused: I had assumed that this was an error and that maybe they recycle their shipping #s or something. So I called Amazon to get the correct tracking info. They had delivered the package to the wrong address (and the saga began :lol: ). Since then, they have delivered to the wrong address 3 times.

Hype

#105 Post by Hype » Mon May 09, 2016 11:32 am

chaos wrote:I have prime and am guaranteed 2 day shipping (on applicable orders). If they ship something through Amazon's own delivery service (rather than UPS, FedEx, or the post office), they have issues. For example, a few months ago I placed an order on a Saturday. About an hour after I placed the order they sent me a shipping confirmation with tracking info. It indicated that the package had been delivered. :confused: I had assumed that this was an error and that maybe they recycle their shipping #s or something. So I called Amazon to get the correct tracking info. They had delivered the package to the wrong address (and the saga began :lol: ). Since then, they have delivered to the wrong address 3 times.
It seems possible that this is a problem very specific to your account, or your address, or maybe just some regional distribution. It's hard to conceive this being a more general problem with Amazon, since it would mean they'd have a reputation for this very quickly -- but they don't.

It's still a problem they should deal with, obviously... but I'm not even sure how this is possible.

chaos

#106 Post by chaos » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:50 am

I called Amazon's Customer Service Dept to tell them that their delivery people did not deliver a package to my house even though the tracking info states it was delivered. The woman I spoke with called the "delivery call center" and was told the package "was scanned as delivered." And there you have it.

I called my credit card company to dispute the charge. I also called the merchant to let them know what is going o with Amazon's delivery people.

I have officially broken up with Amazon. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#107 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:17 am

Amazon's delivery service is a joke. It's minimum wage workers in a rented van. It's no wonder they don't give a shit about accuracy.

Every Amazon delivery I have gotten from the Amazon service has been left under my doormat. They don't even bother knocking. I just get a text message that shows delivery. The problem is that I live in an apartment building and the hallway in front of my door is a common public area. Anyone could just walk through and steal my stuff.

It would be nice if they would at least knock to let me know they are there. Or if I don't answer, maybe leave the package at the fucking office. It's like they don't even care if stuff gets stolen.

chaos

#108 Post by chaos » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:05 am

In the midst of my anti-amazon tantrum I came across a blog where someone posted about closing his amazon account (for reasons much nobler than mine).

https://www.transitionnetwork.org/blogs ... on-account

chaos

#109 Post by chaos » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:11 pm

I caved and placed an another order today with Amazon. Image

chaos

#110 Post by chaos » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:24 pm

Federal Express misdelivered a package coming to me. I called and they initiated a traced. They just called me back; the driver is gone for the day - blah, blah, blah. I called the shipper. You know the dance. Errr.