Laser eye treatment

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Bandit72

Laser eye treatment

#1 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:11 am

I had my left eye treated in 2001 and this past year or so, my vision has gradually gotten worse again. I am going to have to get glasses for driving watching tv etc.. Anyone else had their eye/eyes lasered and now find it is failing? I wonder if it's just age? :noclue:

P.S I only got one eye done because my prescription wasn't that bad. Plus it saved me about £500 at the time.

creep
Site Admin

Re: Laser eye treatment

#2 Post by creep » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:32 am

i had my eyes done over ten years ago and i'm still far from needing glasses but my vision is getting worse. i seem to be farsighted now and before surgery i was nearsighted. :bored:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#3 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:36 am

I've considered it but this kind of talk makes me not want to do it. It's not that hard to slap a contact in each morning and see perfectly all day.

Larry B.

#4 Post by Larry B. » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:50 am

hokahey wrote:I've considered it but this kind of talk makes me not want to do it.
Same here... I have a 40" LCD and even when I'm 2 meters away from it I can't see small bits of text and stuff like that. I do wear glasses to drive and to watch TV.

Xizen47

#5 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:11 am

creep wrote: i seem to be farsighted now and before surgery i was nearsighted.
Everybody eventually becomes farsighted,, that's just part of getting old..

I just started wearing glasses a little over a year ago,, the doctors want to wait till my eyes stabalize to do the lazer correction. I't can't come soon enough. Cant stand wearing glasses and contacts :waits:

MYXYLPLYX

#6 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:30 am

Xizen47 wrote:
creep wrote: i seem to be farsighted now and before surgery i was nearsighted.
Everybody eventually becomes farsighted,, that's just part of getting old..

I just started wearing glasses a little over a year ago,, the doctors want to wait till my eyes stabalize to do the lazer correction. I't can't come soon enough. Cant stand wearing glasses and contacts :waits:
:nod:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presbyopia

Sad but true. Not needing glasses has been a point of pride for me (because I consider my positive attributes based on what I'm not: short, fat, bald, etc.) :lol:

I was very disappointed to discover I'll lose my 20/20 vision in my 40's... :wavesad:

creep
Site Admin

#7 Post by creep » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:39 am

getting my eyes done was the best thing i ever did. would recommended it to anyone. i'm still far from needing glasses.

Bandit72

#8 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:11 pm

creep wrote:getting my eyes done was the best thing i ever did. would recommended it to anyone. i'm still far from needing glasses.
Indeed. For the best part of the last 10 years my vision has been great because of surgery. Now I'm getting old :sad:

Pandemonium

#9 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:06 pm

It's weird, my vision's actually steadily improved the past few years. I've been nearsighted since my 20's, so I usually wear glasses when driving, watching tv, movies, concerts, etc. Despite the inconvenience of glasses, I've never had a desire to get laser surgery.

I will say when I did hyperbaric oxygen therapy with my son (sitting with him on one of those big pressurized dive tanks) for two months in '03, it *really* fucked up my vision for about 6 months.