What's wrong with Miley Cyrus?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Mescal

Re: What's wrong with Miley Cyrus?

#76 Post by Mescal » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Artemis wrote:I think I read that people in the community are upset because she is appropriating black culture. Also, during her performance she was using black woman as props and slapping their asses. :noclue:

Personally, I was not offended or shocked by the performance. What WAS shocking was how bad it was. It's possible to be sexy and provocative without looking like a crack whore who gives blowjobs for a pack of smokes behind the Wal -Mart.
Yup, I would have to go with a +1 on this!

Not offended but I think it's crap nonetheless.

And :lolol: :lolol: on the star treck video

Artemis

#77 Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:34 pm

This is the best one... :rockon:

Larry B.

#78 Post by Larry B. » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:29 pm

That was pretty cool.

If I was filming a video on my underwear with hot girls talking about liberation and penetration and one of them grazed my crotch, I would get a hard on and think she was totally in love with me.

It's a bit disturbing and I'm not sure why that would happen... but I'm just being honest.

Bandit72

#79 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:07 am

Larry B. wrote:That was pretty cool.

If I was filming a video on my underwear with hot girls talking about liberation and penetration and one of them grazed my crotch, I would get a hard on and think she was totally in love with me.

It's a bit disturbing and I'm not sure why that would happen... but I'm just being honest.
Which is probably why you're not in the video :tiphat:

Larry B.

#80 Post by Larry B. » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:20 am

Bandit72 wrote:
Larry B. wrote:That was pretty cool.

Which is probably why you're not in the video :tiphat:
:lol:

Just probably.

Hype

#81 Post by Hype » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:53 am

Artemis wrote:This is the best one... :rockon:

Everything about that is excellent. The women are attractive, also, which is helpful, since it just helps reinforce the idea that you can THINK that kind of thought without it implying treating women like shit. #ThingsThatShouldBeObviousButArentYet :scared:

chaos

#82 Post by chaos » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Well it's better than the VMA performance. (I realize that the bar is set pretty low there :lol: )
http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/blog ... _ball.html

Miley Cyrus releases new video for 'Wrecking Ball'
Posted by Katie McLeod September 9, 2013 03:32 PM

So there has been twerking. A lot of it. So much so that Twitter has become aflutter with it since Miley Cyrus's shocking VMA performance last month.

And now there's "Wrecking Ball," the latest new video from Ms. Miley, released today, after the VMAs-twerking-Twitter hysteria she caused with her writhing antics on stage with Robin Thicke as they performed Thicke's single, "Blurred Lines." (And as an aside, let's just hope the two popular "T" terms -- twerking and Twitter -- don't get confused with each other. Oh boy that would be a headache confusing.)

Cyrus may have twerked and over-worked her tongue during the VMAs, but she's gone naked for her Terry Richardson-directed "Wrecking Ball" video, showing her bold, red pout more than her in-your-face tongue (though, you can't escape that here either). The provocative video may further propel Cyrus into a land far away from Disney (can she possibly forever escape those roots she appears to be trying to ditch?), but is it working for her? Are you taking her seriously as an evolving artist, or is she blurring the lines (ahem, sorry Mr. Thicke, but you brought this on yourself) between using sex to sell and selling herself out?

Pandemonium

#83 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:16 pm

chaos wrote:
I look forward to her next construction site themed song "I Let Go Like A Dump Truck" where the video alternates between footage of a dump truck unloading dirt and shots of her nude on the toilet with a bad case of Montezuma's Revenge.

creep
Site Admin

#84 Post by creep » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:17 pm

she has nice teeth. :noclue:

Pandemonium

#85 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:19 pm

creep wrote:she has nice teeth. :noclue:
Urr, she got purty lips too.

Jasper

#86 Post by Jasper » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:07 pm

David Lynch had seen an interview with Billy Ray Cyrus, and he thought he'd be perfect for a part in his masterpiece, Mulholland Drive. Cyrus later said that it was this connection which got him more acting work, and opened the door for his daughter to get into acting. Cyrus directly credited Lynch with Miley's doorway into acting.

You are now aware that Miley Cyrus is a bizarre mutant side effect of the artistic actions of David Lynch.

How amazing can one man be?

NYRexall

#87 Post by NYRexall » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:50 pm

Jasper wrote:Cyrus directly credited Lynch with Miley's doorway into acting.

You are now aware that Miley Cyrus is a bizarre mutant side effect of the artistic actions of David Lynch.
This doesn’t even make any sense.

“Oh shit, you know who would be PERFECT for this role?! That Hannah Montana chick! I saw her dad in that David Lynch film and he absolutely killed it.”

When BRC can convince me exactly how his 90-second scene in Mulholland Drive convinced directors everywhere that his daughter was an acting talent, then we’ll see. But until then…niente.

Jasper

#88 Post by Jasper » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:05 pm

NYRexall wrote:
Jasper wrote:Cyrus directly credited Lynch with Miley's doorway into acting.

This doesn’t even make any sense.

“Oh shit, you know who would be PERFECT for this role?! That Hannah Montana chick! I saw her dad in that David Lynch film and he absolutely killed it.”

When BRC can convince me exactly how his 90-second scene in Mulholland Drive convinced directors everywhere that his daughter was an acting talent, then we’ll see. But until then…niente.
There's something seriously wrong with the way that you perceive and respond to things.

NYRexall

#89 Post by NYRexall » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:26 pm

Seriously how? Is my life in danger or something?

All I'm saying is, it's unrealistic for him to credit David Lynch with his daughter's doorway into acting the way you posted it. Have you seen Mulholland Drive? Great movie, but he's only in it for literally 90 seconds. You don't even realize it's him until the end credits.

I just fail to see how those 90 seconds can be the catalyst for "Miley's doorway into acting" :noclue:

Jasper

#90 Post by Jasper » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:28 pm

NYRexall wrote:Seriously how? Is my life in danger or something?

All I'm saying is, it's unrealistic for him to credit David Lynch with his daughter's doorway into acting the way you posted it. Have you seen Mulholland Drive? Great movie, but he's only in it for literally 90 seconds. You don't even realize it's him until the end credits.

I just fail to see how those 90 seconds can be the catalyst for "Miley's doorway into acting" :noclue:
Um, my post was a joke about David Lynch creating Miley Cyrus, you annoying cunt. If you want to read BRC talking about it, go for it. I'd prefer not to interact with you.
Billy Ray Cyrus: During filming, David Lynch pulled me to the side and said, "I don't have any reason to blow smoke up your butt, but I just want to tell you the truth -- I think you could be a serious actor." And I said, "Really? I've never done this before." He said, "A director is looking for someone who is real, and you're very real. I love the way you're playing these scenes. If you just continue to be real, you can do anything you want to do as an actor." With that note of embracement from David Lynch, I then went on to read a script called Doc, and Doc was about hope and faith and love, a very positive show on Pax TV. I went and auditioned for Dr. Clint Cassidy and they hired me, and four years, 88 episodes later, I was a full-time actor.

You look back on it and without David Lynch, Miley wouldn't be Hannah Montana. Without Toronto, Canada, and the fact that I did that first series...that's when Miley fell in love with acting. She started taking a role on Doc -- she became this little girl named Kylie in a recurring role -- and I took her to see Mamma Mia! on the stage in Toronto. Toronto really embraced the arts and acting; at the time, it wasn't so much like that in Nashville, they didn't have acting classes. She was able to surround herself with some great coaches and some great thespians from the moment she said she was going to become a great actress. That was the turning point, when she said that's what I'm going to do. She applied herself to become an actress. So without Lynch, that wouldn't have happened.

INTERVIEWER: Does he know that you credit him with Miley's Hollywood career?

BRC: No, I don't know that he knows that. I don't know, but I sure would love to tell him. Why don't you tell him for me? You put it out there, he'll read it.

NYRexall

#91 Post by NYRexall » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Jasper wrote: Um, my post was a joke about David Lynch creating Miley Cyrus, you annoying cunt. If you want to read BRC talking about it, go for it. I'd prefer not to interact with you.

Laughing fucking hard right now. I hope everyone reading this notices how I'm trying to have an honest to goodness discussion on topic and then Jasper flips the fuck out without provocation.

Unreal. This place is an absolute riot :lolol:

Larry B.

#92 Post by Larry B. » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:07 am

NYRexall wrote:
Jasper wrote: Um, my post was a joke about David Lynch creating Miley Cyrus, you annoying cunt. If you want to read BRC talking about it, go for it. I'd prefer not to interact with you.

Laughing fucking hard right now. I hope everyone reading this notices how I'm trying to have an honest to goodness discussion on topic and then Jasper flips the fuck out without provocation.

Unreal. This place is an absolute riot :lolol:
Nah, you're just a twat. Worse than when Hype picks on a typo to start a month-long discussion about what Defamatirus really meant with his text from 827 AC.

perkana

#93 Post by perkana » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Yeah, I haven't been on here for a couple of days and I'm annoyed by you as well. Told you...sangre pesada

kv

#94 Post by kv » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:28 pm

:lolol:

LJF

#95 Post by LJF » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Artemis

#96 Post by Artemis » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:39 am

Courtney Love Calls Miley Cyrus a Fucked-Up Hillbilly

Courtney Love said some kind of amazing shit about basically everything that has been going on except Syria.

"I liked Miley, frankly. I’m gonna be honest, Katy Perry bores the fuck out of me. She’s a nice girl, she just really bores me. You know, that hillbilly Miley Cyrus is sort of punk in a weird sex way. It was openly sexual... like dark and hillbilly and fucked up."
She also throws an A1 zing at Robin Thicke: "Can someone inform me who Alan Thicke’s son is? Like what? Wasn’t [he on] Charles in Charge? That’s like Jared Leto trying to convince me he’s a rock star."

kv

#97 Post by kv » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:57 am

damn 40+ million views in 2 days ...damn someone is making money...music....business

perkana

#98 Post by perkana » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm guilty, I watched it, my only problem was her licking the sledge hammer. Just didn't get that at all

tvrec

#99 Post by tvrec » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:54 pm

perkana wrote:I'm guilty, I watched it, my only problem was her licking the sledge hammer. Just didn't get that at all
It's a metaphor.

perkana

#100 Post by perkana » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:56 pm

ok, I sounded stupid...