Artemis

What's wrong with Miley Cyrus?

#1 Post by Artemis » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:57 pm

WTF?? :scared:

creep
Site Admin

Re: What's wrong with Miley Cyrus?

#2 Post by creep » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:05 pm

wow she is looking and acting really stupid....but i couldn't stop watching.

does she really think the tongue thing is a cool look?

Larry B.

#3 Post by Larry B. » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:15 pm

First time I see her. Pathetic. She looks like an awkward teen, which I'm guessing she is.

She was probably told the tongue thing was cool. It might be cool too for those who are 15 years younger than me.

Artemis

#4 Post by Artemis » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:19 pm

The audience reactions are the best. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#5 Post by creep » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:23 pm

sinep

#6 Post by sinep » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:38 pm

Artemis wrote:WTF?? :scared:

trying to be gaga/kanye???????

crater

#7 Post by crater » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Mescal

#8 Post by Mescal » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Who is Miley Cyrus?

Pandemonium

#9 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Years ago when she had her teeny bopper tv sitcom with her dad, my (at the time 9 yr old) son watched her show religiously. I don't have the heart to show him that she's become an even trashier low rent version of Madonna.

Larry B.

#10 Post by Larry B. » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:52 am

Essence_Smith

#11 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:41 am

Wow...were you guys all this judgmental back in the days when half of the people we listened to were fucked up? All I'm saying is it's clear there's something messed up going on with her and I'm more interested in her getting some help than calling her trashy, etc...the large number of former child stars who move on to act like this or worse is crazy...these kids need help...

Larry B.

#12 Post by Larry B. » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:25 am

Essence_Smith wrote:Wow...were you guys all this judgmental back in the days when half of the people we listened to were fucked up? All I'm saying is it's clear there's something messed up going on with her and I'm more interested in her getting some help than calling her trashy, etc...the large number of former child stars who move on to act like this or worse is crazy...these kids need help...
It's an act. It's not like she's out of her mind and said "let's put on this wacky show where I stick my tongue out and people say I'm weird." There are marketing minds behind this and she goes along, because a) she likes the attention and b) it's sweet money.

Some drug addicts might need help, schizophrenics need help. She needs a reality check, which I'm sure she'll get in a few years.

Romeo

#13 Post by Romeo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:42 am

Essence_Smith wrote:Wow...were you guys all this judgmental back in the days when half of the people we listened to were fucked up? All I'm saying is it's clear there's something messed up going on with her and I'm more interested in her getting some help than calling her trashy, etc...the large number of former child stars who move on to act like this or worse is crazy...these kids need help...
I was just going to say....

Besides the last time the VMA's were even relevant was 1984 when Madonna did her "Like a virgin" and got the Catholics all pissed off

Romeo

#14 Post by Romeo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:47 am

I take that back...

This show was the best. Fart Man. Milton Berle feeling up RuPaul...Axl wanting to fight Kurt....
From the Wiki Page
"In the 1992 show, MTV requested Nirvana perform "Smells Like Teen Spirit", while the band itself had indicated it preferred to play new songs "Rape Me" and "tourette's". Network executives continued to push for "Teen Spirit" but finally offered the band a choice to play either "Teen Spirit" or "Lithium", which the band appeared to accept. At the performance, Nirvana began to play, and Kurt Cobain sang the first few lines of the song, "Rape Me", much to the horror of MTV execs, before continuing their regular performance of "Lithium". Near the end of the song, frustrated that his amp had stopped functioning, bassist Krist Novoselic decided to toss his bass into the air for dramatic effect. He misjudged the landing, and the bass ended up bouncing off of his forehead, forcing him to stumble off the stage in a daze.[citation needed]
Backstage, before the show, Guns N' Roses vocalist Axl Rose challenged Cobain to a fight after he, his wife and Hole frontwoman, Courtney Love, and Nirvana bandmates Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl, egged him on. At the end of Nirvana's performance, while Cobain was trashing the band's equipment, Dave Grohl ran to the microphone and shouted "Hi, Axl! Where's Axl?" repeatedly. Guns N' Roses' video for the ballad "November Rain" won the MTV Video Music Award for best cinematography. During the show, the band performed "November Rain" with singer Elton John. Because of the dispute Rose had with Cobain, moments before the "November Rain" performance, Cobain spat on the keys of what he thought was Axl's piano. Cobain later revealed that he was shocked to see Elton John play on the piano he had spat on.[5] During the commercial break, the Alien 3 Pepsi commercial was shown.
Radio shock-jock Howard Stern appeared as Fartman, Stern's radio super-hero. Stern was a presenter for best hard rock/metal performance with actor Luke Perry (after several other celebrities turned him down).

Madonna has won 20 VMAs, the most for any artist. All were won in the 1980s and 1990s.[15]
1993: At the 1993 MTV Video Music Awards, Madonna opened the show in a gender-bending performance of her song "Bye Bye Baby," in which Madonna and her two back up singers, dressed in tuxedos and top hats, danced with women in corsets in a choreographed, highly sexual routine.[16]
RuPaul and Milton Berle, who had had conflicts backstage, presented an award together. When Berle touched RuPaul's breasts, RuPaul ad-libbed the line "So you used to wear gowns, but now you're wearing diapers.""

when did everyone get so....homogenized?

Artemis

#15 Post by Artemis » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:56 am

Lighten up, ES.

I don't know if she needs help or not, but there is no denying that her performance was out there last night. And yes, her appearance and dance moves were trashy. I'm not making any personal judgements on her character, just remarking on what I observed.

LJF

#16 Post by LJF » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:28 am

better question is what was right with her?

wally

#17 Post by wally » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:50 am

lol. coming from the dude who started the ass thread.

Pandemonium

#18 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:52 am

Romeo wrote:I take that back...1992.
Yeah, that was a classic broadcast, I remember it well:

Love the fact that Lars can barely keep himself from getting pissed at Stern for hogging the spotlight during Metallica's award.

perkana

#19 Post by perkana » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:56 am

Artemis wrote:
Lighten up, ES.

I don't know if she needs help or not, but there is no denying that her performance was out there last night. And yes, her appearance and dance moves were trashy. I'm not making any personal judgements on her character, just remarking on what I observed.
I enjoyed it :noclue: I think it was the only thing I watched completely

Romeo

#20 Post by Romeo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Romeo wrote:I take that back...1992.
Yeah, that was a classic broadcast, I remember it well:

Love the fact that Lars can barely keep himself from getting pissed at Stern for hogging the spotlight during Metallica's award.
:lol:
I hate Metallica

Essence_Smith

#21 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:38 pm

I think as much as we call it all an act and can judge it however we want there's something going on with a lot of these showbiz kid types and when they get to the point where they're getting half naked there's usually some sorta drug usage going on alongside all the bad judgment calls, lack of good people around them, etc etc... where the hell is Billy Ray during all of this? I saw it and felt sorry for her actually which is why I took the thread the way I did...you mean to tell me there's no one there to filter her from making a bad call and going this route? Sad shit really...

crater

#22 Post by crater » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:09 pm

creep
Site Admin

#23 Post by creep » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:28 pm

she put on a stupid looking performance...not sure why so much has to be read in to it and we are supposed to feel bad for her. perry does it all of the time. she is just surrounded by people telling her how great her stupid ideas are. :noclue:

Larry B.

#24 Post by Larry B. » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:18 pm

sinep

#25 Post by sinep » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:53 pm

if i came to the message board one day and all of the names were blacked out, i think your posts would be the most recognizable ones.

i would instantly be able to go: "yep... that's essence smith."