What's wrong with Miley Cyrus?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Hype

Re: What's wrong with Miley Cyrus?

#141 Post by Hype » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:22 am

creep wrote:since she is hannah montana and has a bunch of young fans she probably shouldn't be telling rolling stone how much she loves ecstasy. maybe that's just the old man in me talking but it would probably be wise to keep your drug use to yourself. :noclue:
It's okay, young people don't read Rolling Stone. :lol:

Matz

#142 Post by Matz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:25 am

"wise" and "Miley Cyrus", two words that don't really go together

what does her management think about all of this? they're probably, secretly, happy because the ton of attention she's getting. In fact they're probably feeding her all those crazy lines and stuff

Larry B.

#143 Post by Larry B. » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:25 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
creep wrote:since she is hannah montana and has a bunch of young fans she probably shouldn't be telling rolling stone how much she loves ecstasy. maybe that's just the old man in me talking but it would probably be wise to keep your drug use to yourself. :noclue:
It's okay, young people don't read Rolling Stone. :lol:
Also, I cannot think of a more beautiful drug than ecstasy. Have you tried it, Creep?

I think a public role model should keep their use of cocaine, heroine, pain-killers, crack and alcohol to themselves, but marihuana, LSD and ecstasy, I think it's fine. In my books, those are friendly, safe and beautiful drugs to do alone, with your friends and your loved ones.

Matz

#144 Post by Matz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:54 am

oh yeah lsd is a super safe drug, we all know that :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#145 Post by creep » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Matz wrote:oh yeah lsd is a super safe drug, we all know that :lol:
no shit. i know a couple people that just aren't right because of heavy lsd use. you also never know what ecstasy is cut with. molly i guess is supposed to be safer but you can still die from it like those two kids in nyc at that festival last month. i guess you can die from anything though. i never tried it and i really have no desire to.

kv

#146 Post by kv » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:49 pm

ecstasy and lsd are prob the top two drugs i wouldn't want my kid doing....like creep said you never know what ex is gonna be cut with...hell coke and crack are more reliable and less damaging in limited use...this is prob the biggest knock against miley that she isn't trying to protect her younger fans

Larry B.

#147 Post by Larry B. » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:59 pm

kv wrote:ecstasy and lsd are prob the top two drugs i wouldn't want my kid doing....like creep said you never know what ex is gonna be cut with...hell coke and crack are more reliable and less damaging in limited use...this is prob the biggest knock against miley that she isn't trying to protect her younger fans
Well, I wouldn't say that they're more reliable and less damaging, but I'm too lazy to find scientific info right now. If my kid tried lsd or ecstasy, I wouldn't be angry or anything. I'd warn him/her, but I wouldn't consider it something bad.

kv

#148 Post by kv » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:21 pm

well then i hope you never have kids

Larry B.

#149 Post by Larry B. » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:37 pm

kv wrote:well then i hope you never have kids
Right back at cha, buddy! :wave:

"Dad, I did ecstasy with my gf last night and I swear, it was the most beautiful feeling. I realized that I... That I... That i really love you, dad."

"Ecstasy!? ECSTASY!?!?!? You fucking moron, why couldn't you do some crack instead, like a real man!? You're a disgrace to this family! Do you NOT know how safe crack is???"

:flip:

clickie

#150 Post by clickie » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:36 pm

"Son, your mother found a few hits of acid while she was cleaning your room, make sure you share some with your brother and sister.....

Wait!......Is that an empty beer bottle I see next to your bed? GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE YOUVE ALWAYS BEEN THE BLACK SHEEP OF THIS FAMILY!!!!!!"

Pandemonium

#151 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:03 pm

"Mr. Larry? This is the police. Your 14 year old son Harry was apparently high on ecstasy and tried to drive home from a party and at some point swerved into oncoming traffic, hit a SUV and killed the entire family. Your son didn't survive the accident."

B..buh-but I told him it was a beautiful thing?!?

kv

#152 Post by kv » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Larry B. wrote:
kv wrote:well then i hope you never have kids
Right back at cha, buddy! :wave:

"Dad, I did ecstasy with my gf last night and I swear, it was the most beautiful feeling. I realized that I... That I... That i really love you, dad."

"Ecstasy!? ECSTASY!?!?!? You fucking moron, why couldn't you do some crack instead, like a real man!? You're a disgrace to this family! Do you NOT know how safe crack is???"

:flip:
ya that's what i said :crazy:

Xizen47

#153 Post by Xizen47 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:46 am

creep wrote:it would probably be wise to keep your drug use to yourself. :noclue:
kv wrote:this is prob the biggest knock against miley that she isn't trying to protect her younger fans
Did you guy's have the same problem with Perry back in the day?
kv wrote:hell coke and crack are less damaging in limited use..
:lol: :crazy: what are you even basing this statement on?

creep
Site Admin

#154 Post by creep » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:04 am

Xizen47 wrote:
creep wrote:it would probably be wise to keep your drug use to yourself. :noclue:
kv wrote:this is prob the biggest knock against miley that she isn't trying to protect her younger fans
Did you guy's have the same problem with Perry back in the day?
you do understand that the difference is perry didn't have millions of 14 year old girls as fans... right?

and i do think that anyone famous advocating (hard) drug use is irresponsible. do all of the drugs you want just don't talk about it. :noclue:

kv

#155 Post by kv » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:10 am

acutally thats a fair gripe we were just too young to see how wrong it was

kv

#156 Post by kv » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:20 am

Xizen47 wrote:
kv wrote:hell coke and crack are less damaging in limited use..
:lol: :crazy: what are you even basing this statement on?
coke and crack are very short term drugs...you do them they wear off you want more...ecstasy and lsd last much longer so they have a greater harm window...coke and crack are more inside drugs while x and lsd are more outside drugs..just a few uses of ecstasy can cause life long damage and if it's in a rave environment often leads to dehydration...lsd can ruin a persons life in a few hits...now i am in no way condoning or suggesting that coke/crack are in any way good or something i would want my kids or anyone else using....but i have a greater fear of someone trying x a few times over snorting a couple lines...it's all just my view though

Hype

#157 Post by Hype » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:59 am

:neutral:

Hype

#158 Post by Hype » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Pandemonium wrote:"Mr. Larry? This is the police. Your 14 year old son Harry was apparently high on ecstasy and tried to drive home from a party and at some point swerved into oncoming traffic, hit a SUV and killed the entire family. Your son didn't survive the accident."

B..buh-but I told him it was a beautiful thing?!?
Why would Larry's 14 year old son be driving in the first place?

Okay, replace 14 with 16... well, wait, wouldn't alcohol be a much larger worry? Well, sure, except accidents involving alcohol are far more likely to occur among the boomer generation than among Gen-X, Millenials, or their kids.

As for Ecstasy.... well, here's actual data:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21952668
In general, MDMA did not affect driving performance nor did it change the impairing effects of sleep loss. It is concluded that MDMA cannot compensate for the impairing effects of sleep loss and that drivers who are under the influence of MDMA and sleep deprived are unfit to drive.
Btw, MDMA is, if prescribed by a doctor and used properly, an extremely useful drug.

Miley Cyrus is a fiction. Kids have been exposed to "dangerous role models" forever. Before there was even mass media... Goethe wrote a book called "The Sorrows of Werther" that was banned because a couple of young men read it and then committed suicide...

This is just the same old shit... The older generation always looks at the next one and says "What the fuck?!"... I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you've got kids, talk to them, understand them, remember that they're going to have behavioural and personality traits that are almost entirely generated a) by genes from the parents, and b) by the environment the parents create for them as young children, and c) the way parents manage the insanity of the teenage years. Looking for scapegoats in the shitty morass of mass media is a modern version of the same old superstition we've always had... don't do it.

Pandemonium

#159 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Er, I think you over analyzed my off the cuff comment by about 30 extra sentences, some quotes, a cartoon and a youtube clip.

Hype

#160 Post by Hype » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Er, I think you over analyzed my off the cuff comment by about 30 extra sentences, some quotes, a cartoon and a youtube clip.
I assumed it would be understood I wasn't just responding to you... only that first bit was... the rest was what I currently think about the thread topic more generally... It's odd to me to watch Jane's Addiction fans get old and fit the trajectory perfectly... I can't blame people for changing their minds or adopting a more conservative stance toward life... it'll probably happen to me (though us Ivory Tower folks do tend to stay further to the social left even in old age...). I just think it's out of perspective in this thread. Most people don't do hard illicit drugs. Almost no teens who listen to music with suggestive lyrics or idolize singers/celebrities who behave obnoxiously actually go out and do the things they see. Most teens probably go through a phase of glorifying indifference to the future. Hell, that is almost exactly how teenage-hood is defined... But we all went through it, and though some of us did more drugs or got more STIs or jail-stints than others, most of us are fine... so other than for the sake of a self-indulgent attempt to have micromanagerial control over your own flesh and blood, why would it suddenly become genuinely harmful for THIS next generation's idiotic pop-stars to be irresponsible?

:confused:

clickie

#161 Post by clickie » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:00 pm

I noticed that too, it wasnt that long ago you were all mileys age so why are you guys shaming her so much?

clickie

#162 Post by clickie » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:29 pm

hey miley nice chicken butt.

kv

#163 Post by kv » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:44 pm

ya we did that already

Larry B.

#164 Post by Larry B. » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Clickie is soooo last August. Must be all the ecstasy ruining its life forever more.

perkana

#165 Post by perkana » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:12 am

Ok, I guess I'm bored, posting this anyway...