hello people...

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Essence_Smith

Re: hello people...

#21 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Deconstruction wrote:
creep wrote:in the year or so sonny put hardly any work in to his site. i really have a hard time understanding what a url change will do. it will be the same people here...same board. i can't see anything changing. i can see if people want to take the change as a way to stop wasting so much time on these boards but other than that nothing changes.
Sonny's quote in his Q&A about how making a new board with a different name/same people wouldn't work is pure ego on his part. Xiola was always about the community, while Sonny did a good job running it, it wasn't "Sonny.org." Most of the Xiola members already showing up here instantly shows this.
Time will tell...people are forgetting a few things...for example there have been a number of JA related boards over the years and historically no one was able to handle the bunch as well as he managed to... he gave it to Erik at one point & it was the SAME PEOPLE...and it was not the same board...you can have great chefs at a restaurant, but if the manager sucks, so does the spot...people generally conducted themselves in a particular way on the xiola board because they knew Sonny wouldn't tolerate certain things, etc...he set the tone...I totally get people being disappointed and feeling like he's being bitter or egotistical or whatever, but he gets a pass from me just for keeping it going for so long when we all KNEW he was tired doing it years ago...

He kept it up because he knew people loved the board...he said it many times...if he pulled the plug abruptly and it wasn't exactly convenient for us it is unfortunate, but I respect Sonny a lot & if you put yourself in his shoes it was probably really difficult to do so...we ALL have a right to feel how we feel now...but I'm not mad at him...

@Creep: I don't think he had to put any work into after a while...ja.org has all the historical shit and board members were posting everything new...and give credit...Avery approached Sonny to do that interview...the place had credibility & it wasn't built on just us being funny guys or because we're honest or whatever...he set the tone...and you've been around these boards long enough to know that even if its the same people, the guy running the place can make it or break it...stop pretending you don't know that...

:essence:
Very nice...I feel honored...I'll just point out that sometimes it's more important to pay attention to the message and not the messenger...cuz at the end of the day you all know I wasn't wrong... :tiphat:

Romeo

#22 Post by Romeo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:23 pm

SR it's called Joya 215 Court St (between Wyckoff & Warren) in Brooklyn. It's close to where Blackcoffee is staying. If your staying in NYC you can take F or G to Bergen St stop which actually let's you off at Smith St and walk one block over to Court St.

Did I confuse you??? lol

So we on??

The joint is always hopping, they usually have a DJ. Open kitchen The portions are HUGE and cheap. They also make a mean mojito (my friend that owns it is Cuban) the only "downside" if there is one is they are a cash only establishment. But it's still hands down the best Pad see yue!

So so so...we going??

blackcoffee

#23 Post by blackcoffee » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Romeo wrote:SR it's called Joya 215 Court St (between Wyckoff & Warren) in Brooklyn. It's close to where Blackcoffee is staying. If your staying in NYC you can take F or G to Bergen St stop which actually let's you off at Smith St and walk one block over to Court St.

Did I confuse you??? lol

So we on??

The joint is always hopping, they usually have a DJ. Open kitchen The portions are HUGE and cheap. They also make a mean mojito (my friend that owns it is Cuban) the only "downside" if there is one is they are a cash only establishment. But it's still hands down the best Pad see yue!

So so so...we going??
damn. I was going to expense it all on my corporate card...but I'm still game....any other NYC folks?

Romeo

#24 Post by Romeo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:20 am

:crying: I'm sorry.
You can still get a reciept & expense it. You can say we were discussing important bored information :aoa: But for $30 you eat like a king!

Actually all three of his joints are cash only...it ain't easy livin :hehe:

blackcoffee

#25 Post by blackcoffee » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:00 am

Romeo wrote::crying: I'm sorry.
You can still get a reciept & expense it. You can say we were discussing important bored information :aoa: But for $30 you eat like a king!

Actually all three of his joints are cash only...it ain't easy livin :hehe:
Will you PM me your info such as tel number and your name??? Do you know any more of us in NYC? Essence can't make it.

I'll try to arrive by about 6 or so.

Romeo

#26 Post by Romeo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:14 am

check yo PM's

thoreau

#27 Post by thoreau » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:36 am

blackcoffee wrote:
thoreau wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:
blackcoffee wrote:So, ES, are we meeting up for Thai food in Brooklyn on Sunday?
Not too sure about Sunday, but we will definitely meet up at some point during your visit... :grin:
Where would you guys be going?

I would have to say my favorite Thai place in NYC is the Holy Basil, in East Village.
It is a place Romeo suggested. Apparently the owner is hers and Essence's friend. It's in Brooklyn. Are you in NYC?
Ah, ok. No, I'm in Florida. I was in NYC in December for a couple of weeks. Can't wait to come back!