Superbowl Sunday

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Romeo

Superbowl Sunday

#1 Post by Romeo » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:17 am

I hope there is a blizzard so I can listen to Rich people complain :lol:

does anyone in the NY/NJ know of anyone going? I don't. The All Star Game this past summer the tickets were expensive but I knew a lot of people that went. Superbowl.....I know not one person going.

clickie

Re: Superbowl Sunday

#2 Post by clickie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:55 am

I was hoping for the worst weather possibly just to teach them a lesson about holding the superbowl outdoors in New York during February, but its looking like its going to be a fairly mild day. It couldve gotten pretty ugly if snow srarted piling on or the cold reached frigid temperatures. o for me personality I'm more satisfied with a nuetral outdoor place such as tampa, az, cali, miami, texas.

Romeo

#3 Post by Romeo » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:52 am

Football should be played outdoors in all types of weather. Superbowl no exception. BUT because it's this BIG money thing where either just corporations or wealthy people go....fuck um.

Well my coworker will be attending the outdoor Rangers/Isles game at Yankee stadium Wed. The low will be 16. :yikes:

wally

#4 Post by wally » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Romeo wrote:I hope there is a blizzard so I can listen to Rich people complain :lol:

does anyone in the NY/NJ know of anyone going? I don't. The All Star Game this past summer the tickets were expensive but I knew a lot of people that went. Superbowl.....I know not one person going.
does anyone in NY/NJ care about either the seahawks or the broncos?

Romeo

#5 Post by Romeo » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:35 pm

probably not, but a Superbowl in your backyard doesn't happen all the time. If your a Football fan it would be fun to attend.

We all watch it at bars or throw parties. Same thing

Artemis

#6 Post by Artemis » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:23 pm

I'm not into football, or watching the Superbowl, but I would like to make one of these snack stadiums or watermelon helmit fruit bowl. :lol:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#7 Post by Hokahey » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:14 pm

It's horseshit that the team that would have home field advantage for any other game doesnt also get it for the superbowl. If my team makes it, I should get first dibs at tickets and a chance to actually make it to the game.

Artemis

#8 Post by Artemis » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:42 pm

So, RHCP and Bruno Mars are going to do a Led Zep cover..

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/01/r ... uper-bowl/

This year’s Super Bowl Halftime Show features the unlikely paring of Bruno Mars and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Whether their collaboration proves as successful as, say, Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons, remains to be seen, but they’re off to a good start: as Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith has revealed to Artisan News, they’ll be performing a cover of Led Zeppelin’s “Dazed and Confused”, and not “Dani California”. #Phew.

Chili Peppers have never performed “Dazed and Confused” live before, however, they have previously covered Zeppelin’s “Ramble On”. Listen to a live recording of it below.

In related, much more disappointing news: Chili Peppers’ bassist Flea recent tweeted, “Anybody wanna see my c–k at the Super Bowl?”, but has since recanted his offer at the request of the NFL. He told TMZ, ”they’d chop his head off”.

Romeo

#9 Post by Romeo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:22 pm

hokahey wrote:It's horseshit that the team that would have home field advantage for any other game doesnt also get it for the superbowl. If my team makes it, I should get first dibs at tickets and a chance to actually make it to the game.
I agree.

I know a lot of people with Jets or Giants Season tickets. They weren't offered anything.
Maybe it's because it's a shared stadium? :noclue:

Romeo

#10 Post by Romeo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Artemis wrote:I'm not into football, or watching the Superbowl, but I would like to make one of these snack stadiums or watermelon helmit fruit bowl. :lol:

Those are cute.
I'm just making a hot artichoke dip to take over. nothing fancy

blackula

#11 Post by blackula » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Romeo wrote:I hope there is a blizzard so I can listen to Rich people complain :lol:

It's funny, there have been articles over the last few days that this is the lowest re-sell Super Bowl. Tickets on stub hub that were going for almost 3,000 are listed for 1,800. Still ridiculous, but haha, good. It's also funny cuz it's technically in NJ, not NY, and that pathetic blowhard Christie is harping on that fact while diverting attention away from his Sandy money scandal and his bridge scandal.

I care, I'd like to see Peyton win another one.

clickie

#12 Post by clickie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Of course, who the hell wants to sit outside in cold weather to watch a superbowl. Dumbest idea ever planning a superbowl in NY outside in the middle of winter.

clickie

#13 Post by clickie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Go ahead and make one so I can devour it.

Artemis wrote:I'm not into football, or watching the Superbowl, but I would like to make one of these snack stadiums or watermelon helmit fruit bowl. :lol:

Romeo

#14 Post by Romeo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:06 am

blackula wrote:

It's funny, there have been articles over the last few days that this is the lowest re-sell Super Bowl. Tickets on stub hub that were going for almost 3,000 are listed for 1,800. Still ridiculous, but haha, good. It's also funny cuz it's technically in NJ, not NY, and that pathetic blowhard Christie is harping on that fact while diverting attention away from his Sandy money scandal and his bridge scandal.

I care, I'd like to see Peyton win another one.
and YET the superbowl village and all the outside festivities are in NYC :lol:

Avoid Midtown & TS until Monday. It's gonna be a maaaaaaaaadhouse!

Bandit72

#15 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:27 am

Artemis wrote:So, RHCP and Bruno Mars are going to do a Led Zep cover..

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/01/r ... uper-bowl/

Chili Peppers have never performed “Dazed and Confused” live before, however, they have previously covered Zeppelin’s “Ramble On”. Listen to a live recording of it below.
At 5:20, seems Chad's been GAGGING to play this song.

Romeo

#16 Post by Romeo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:54 am

ok Saturday I am heading in....

To see THE PUPPY BOWL! :banana:
It's at the Discovery Times Square

Maybe I'll fight the crowd to see the Vince Lombardi trophy

Pandemonium

#17 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Just about to start 2nd half. Games sucks, commercials uninspired, halftime show with 2 1/2 minutes of Chili-willies pissed me off. Film at eleven.

chaos

#18 Post by chaos » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Peyton Manning looks like he wants to go home now. :lol:

chaos

#19 Post by chaos » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:02 pm

So does anyone think Denver will get any points? I can't believe how bad this is.

Romeo

#20 Post by Romeo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:40 am

I must need my head examined for heading to Times Square in the middle of that madness. Never ever again...
The Puppy bowl was cute and they were giving away a lot of free stuff.

My stomach is killing me today from all the SHIT I ate & drank yesterday

Matz

#21 Post by Matz » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:12 am

Bandit72 wrote: At 5:20, seems Chad's been GAGGING to play this song.

]
Jimmy Page stole that song from a singer songwriter that opened for the Yardbirds. I'm reading the Zeppelin bio right now. Pretty incredible, it's one of their biggest songs and it's lifted. AND he took all the credit himself right up until 2012. :essence: He's still a genius, but he did "borrow" quite a few things here and there

SR

#22 Post by SR » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:50 am

Wtf? All the video of the HT show has been removed from YT. Weird. Of all performances how can this be protected?

Pandemonium

#23 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:11 am

SR wrote:Wtf? All the video of the HT show has been removed from YT. Weird. Of all performances how can this be protected?
It's "property" of the NFL. They do that every year.

SR

#24 Post by SR » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:17 am

Ahh, thanks.

Xizen47

#25 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:28 am

Matz wrote:
Bandit72 wrote: At 5:20, seems Chad's been GAGGING to play this song.

]
Jimmy Page stole that song from a singer songwriter that opened for the Yardbirds. I'm reading the Zeppelin bio right now. Pretty incredible, it's one of their biggest songs and it's lifted. AND he took all the credit himself right up until 2012. :essence: He's still a genius, but he did "borrow" quite a few things here and there
Most all early Zepplin songs are lifted. They wern't a very original band, musicaly