trolls just wanna have fun

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
ragdoll

trolls just wanna have fun

#1 Post by ragdoll » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:33 pm

So glad those days are in the distant past and things have calmed down. New study below talks about the personality traits of internet trolls and concludes they show the same behaviors of psychopaths, sadist, and narcissist.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... pathy.html

creep
Site Admin

Re: trolls just wanna have fun

#2 Post by creep » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 pm

they aren't all gone. clickie still posts here.

ragdoll

#3 Post by ragdoll » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:37 pm

creep wrote:they aren't all gone. clickie still posts here.
lol well yeah lol maybe I have just learned

creep
Site Admin

#4 Post by creep » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:40 pm

speaking of narcissists....didn't i see on facebook that you finally left your boyfriend? nice job if you did. :thumb:

ragdoll

#5 Post by ragdoll » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:53 pm

:nod: thank you! hell yes I did!!!! :bigrin: :thumb: :rockon:

all these years I knew something was wrong, just couldn't put my finger on it as I'm sure some of you know from all my rants on the boards. I was desperate for answers and for validation. One day I came across a article on Narcissistic abuse about 5 months ago, it was one of those moments when everything made sense, and everything I had been trying to explain for 8 years was summed up in 3 letters NPD (narcissistic personality disorder).

I locked myself up in a bedroom and read everything I could about it for a month and half, things escalated and in the end I got him to leave. almost 4 months free :yeay: (even though he contacts me daily through some technological medium lol I have went "no contact" and just waiting it out...but he's in another state so I'm good!:)

creep
Site Admin

#6 Post by creep » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:56 pm

good job. luckily he is in another state or things might be really messy. guys like that tend not to let go. don't give in and reply to his messages. :wave:

ragdoll

#7 Post by ragdoll » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:08 pm

thank you :heart: I am staying strong and not giving in, even though it's hard not to sometimes just respond to all his bullshit. But I know that only makes it worse. It would take me an hr to try to begin to explain how hard and crazy it has been to get him to leave me alone, I've tried everything, nothing has worked. Ive blocked 9 fake fb accounts, 4 of his emails, changed my phone number and deleted one of my email accounts. I have had to block him on my soundcloud page, google+, youtube and twitter. All places that I hardly even use but he has wrote me on all those sites as well. Has had my neighbor spy on me. So now I'm just waiting it out, and praying he will stop one day soon. So thankful he's in another state or it would be a very scary situation.

SR

#8 Post by SR » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Thanks for the link. I knew this years ago. I never understood the culture and yes, it is much better. Only a few remain. Another interesting species is the troll sympathizer. :confused:

Artemis

#9 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:12 pm

Good for you, ragdoll! It takes courage and a lot of strength to do what you did. Like creep said, it's hard to get rid of guys like that. Stay strong. lady! :rockon:

SR

#10 Post by SR » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:12 pm

Yes it's great rd. Dude is very ill. I sincerely laughed out loud when he pm'd me on fb.

creep
Site Admin

#11 Post by creep » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:15 pm

shit...that is pretty crazy. you should just delete all of those accounts and set your facebook account to only receive messages from your friends. he would have no way to contact you. you can get new accounts at those places under a different name and email address. it's not that hard to disappear on the internet. it will eventually stop. he will find another girl to torment.

Artemis

#12 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:20 pm

i haven't read the article and do not know if it mentions whether trolling is more prevalent among males or females. it seems there are more male trolls though.

SR

#13 Post by SR » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:23 pm

creep wrote:shit...that is pretty crazy. you should just delete all of those accounts and set your facebook account to only receive messages from your friends. he would have no way to contact you. you can get new accounts at those places under a different name and email address. it's not that hard to disappear on the internet. it will eventually stop. he will find another girl to torment.
right? Who knew. Come to think of it he called my cell too. I'm thinking he invaded rds phone so I texted her. She told me it was on my fb page. I've since learned the controls. :lolol:

creep
Site Admin

#14 Post by creep » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:26 pm

SR wrote:
creep wrote:shit...that is pretty crazy. you should just delete all of those accounts and set your facebook account to only receive messages from your friends. he would have no way to contact you. you can get new accounts at those places under a different name and email address. it's not that hard to disappear on the internet. it will eventually stop. he will find another girl to torment.
right? Who knew. Come to think of it he called my cell too. I'm thinking he invaded rds phone so I texted her. She told me it was on my fb page. I've since learned the controls. :lolol:
he actually called you?? :scared:

he obviously has some serious issues. i'm sure you aren't the only one.

ragdoll

#15 Post by ragdoll » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:30 pm

it's crazy because in the bad days of hello kitty island lol as the psychopathic trolls were bashing me, my ex was feeding off it and using what was said about me on that board to further hurt me and throw things that was said about me back in my face. He was abusing me with their abuse. I was being bombarded by evil! :flip: :crazy: :flip:

SR, I still can't believe he wrote you but I can..... because you were one of his obsessions. I just had this guy, a artist from Norway that LIVES in NORWAY write me on fb to tell me that he wrote him too!!!! Bashing him personally as a person and artist.

Creep, a few days ago one of his emails said he found a new lady and for me to never contact him again EVEN THOUGH I have NOT responded to his hundreds of emails for 2 months straight. So I got a lil relieved thinking he would finally leave me alone. NOPE! LOL he was prob jst saying that to try and get a reaction from me.

and trust me I have tried everything. He can't write me on facebook anymore because of me reporting him so many times. I have also blocked him from all the other sites But I refuse to delete another one of my emails so he write me there. I have blocked every email address he writes me from and have reported it to Yahoo. Now he emails me somehow directly from his cell phone and there is no way to block that on there sooooo I have to contact his cell phone provider to try and block him that way. It just all takes a lot of time to try and beat him at his own games. I have his emails from that cell # going into a separate folder now and I try and keep myself from opening that folder. That is not always as easy as it seems.

Good thing is, is that he don't have the ability to affect me with his words like he once did and everyday the air smells a little fresher and I am realizing how great freedom from mental and psychological abuse is. Honestly loving being away from someone who I loved so much and wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
:wink:

ragdoll

#16 Post by ragdoll » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Artemis wrote:Good for you, ragdoll! It takes courage and a lot of strength to do what you did. Like creep said, it's hard to get rid of guys like that. Stay strong. lady! :rockon:
thank you Artemis!!!! :heart: :heart:

SR

#17 Post by SR » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:44 pm

I know better than to ask how I could have been an issue as I've never met him, or you in person for that matter. He wasn't aggressive to me. He responded to my suggestion that you get a tro. He asked why as he was just a common man who worked hard. His grammar, syntax, and general sentence structure made his point almost indecipherable.

ragdoll

#18 Post by ragdoll » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:09 pm

last year, for the last year of our relationship, every time I would go to a certain area of town by us he would always ask me if I stopped in at Burger King. I would always give him a weird look and try to pay him no attention as I had no idea, nor cared why he was asking that. I eventually realized he was asking me that because he had been stalking a guy (that I had dated for a summer, 5 years prior to me being with him, which was 14 years ago) facebook page and had found out where the dude works by reading through his post and comments. It's like he knew everything about this guy that I had done forgot about a decade ago! He would get fixated on certain people.

SR, simply because you were someone from the boards and also on my fb, idk maybe he thought you were cute :wink: to him he thought I was going to run away to CA to be with you................and everyone else! He would check your fb page constantly for evidence :conf:

SR

#19 Post by SR » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:14 pm

He's blocked now and I hope you hot that tro, for real. :wave:

ragdoll

#20 Post by ragdoll » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:19 pm

SR wrote:He's blocked now and I hope you hot that tro, for real. :wave:
I did contact a lawyer. He explained to me it would be a waste of money and time being that he is in another state and it would be hard to enforce. My friends fear he will show up around here again and that I should still have one put on him, just in case. But like the lawyer said, they don't always obey those things anyways.

ragdoll

#21 Post by ragdoll » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:20 pm

all is good :heart:

creep
Site Admin

#22 Post by creep » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:22 pm

hopefully if he was to come back he would have done it by now. do your kids have any contact with him?

ragdoll

#23 Post by ragdoll » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 pm

no they have him blocked and thank God they are not his kids! I am VERY fortunate to not have kids with him. I see and read of pure horror stories when it comes to co-parenting with a sociopathic narcissist. They are the type that alienate their children against and away from the victimized parent. There are hundreds of mothers and fathers fighting to get their kids back from their narcissistic ex spouse and it's a battle that few win because of the charming and manipulative ways that the N can work a court system. What a tragedy that children are brainwashed to think such horrible fabricated things about a innocent parent.
thankful! Never married and no kids together!

perkana

#24 Post by perkana » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Good riddance! :wiggle:
Hope he contacts you less and less.
Changing topics, it took me a while what a troll was. Even if clickie is one, I like him. But I didn't sympathize with every troll :wave:

Warped

#25 Post by Warped » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:12 am

I followed a bit of that stuff on fb....wow, i hope you find some rest now. What a guy. :no:
Oh and nice cover up tattoo, love it. :thumb: