NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
blackula

Re: NFL

#2551 Post by blackula » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:28 am

Jets are making a case for worst team right now. That MNF game was terrible.

I'm in NY and I can't excuse Beckham. The general consensus here is the Giants should tolerate it cuz he's so good. All the me first bullshit and proposing to the net is ridiculous. Is he a big story outside NY?

kv

#2552 Post by kv » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:43 am

Not a big story...it made sports center and stuff..when he did the shit last week I commented on how unauthentic and planned it all was...then this week ugh...he is what 23? Hope he grows outa it quick...the "I'm not having fun" shit annoyed me way more....look for the NFL to move swiftly with a rule outlawing any skits with any football equipment

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2553 Post by Hokahey » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:44 am

Bought tickets to see Chiefs v Colts in Indy. I also went to the Chief's opener at Arrowhead last month. That was a great time. I might hit one more game in KC before the season ends.

I'd like to hit 2 home games and a road game each year.

I'm also considering visiting every NFL stadium within a 6-700 mile radius within the next few years. That would include Cincy, Indy, KC, Chicago, Tennessee, Cleveland, NY, Dallas ATL, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit and New Orleans. Most of those are between 4 and 8 hour drives. One of the benefits to living in the middle of the country. I like road trips, so it would be a good excuse to spend a few days in other cities. I'm also considering a trip down through TX and in to So Cal at some point, so maybe I'd hit Texans and Chargers games. A trip to NYC is also in the cards, so that would add both Jets and Giants potentially, with a bunch of other options for a secondary game like the Skins. I'd expect to have visited half of the NFL stadiums within the next 5 years tops. Hopefully I can coordinate a lot of that with Chiefs away games.

MicrowavedGerbil

#2554 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Giants better sweep up those cowpussies and take the division.. Eli has one more superbowl in him.. lets go Giants

kv

#2555 Post by kv » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Vikes don't go 16-0 bummer

Bandit72

#2556 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:31 am

How GOOD is Derek Carr?

kv

#2557 Post by kv » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Worst non def holding call ever at end of game

Guy blew up the bills wr in the end zone right in front of a ref...NFL wants to know why ratings are down...call it fair...not even talking about how the crew mangled the play clock at end of first half...

Juana

#2558 Post by Juana » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:39 pm

kv wrote:Worst non def holding call ever at end of game

Guy blew up the bills wr in the end zone right in front of a ref...NFL wants to know why ratings are down...call it fair...not even talking about how the crew mangled the play clock at end of first half...
I think they didn't call it because Taylor was outside of the pocket and considered a "runner"? but either way they called that game like shit.

kv

#2559 Post by kv » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:08 am

Good side is I doubt that crew will get any big playoff games this season

Doesn't matter what happens on the last play the refs never call shit

Krink

#2560 Post by Krink » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:41 am

:rockon:

Pandemonium

#2561 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:39 am

Here's a shock:

"After starting protest of status quo, Colin Kaepernick didn't vote"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/after-star ... 57168.html

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/11/electio ... rant-video

SR

#2562 Post by SR » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:59 pm

Cowboy/Steeler game was a classic

Krink

#2563 Post by Krink » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:15 pm

yea that was a great game - too bad dallas won tho....

seahawks pats was a really good game too :thumb:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2564 Post by Hokahey » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:30 pm

I picked a great year to become a Chiefs fan.

Thanks for moving that shit hole team Stan! Now I've got a real organization to cheer for.

I went to Lucas Oil for the Chiefs v Colts. Incredible stadium. It couldn't match the vibe at Arrowhead, but far more bells and whistles. Stunning.

SR

#2565 Post by SR » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:12 am

Now that's just nasty and fucked up....the Coliseum or LA?? :lolol: Haven't thought once about having the Rams as the LA team. I have watched them on TV a couple of times (anemic O) and well into the games chuckled when I realized they were the LA Rams.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2566 Post by Hokahey » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:21 pm

SR wrote:Now that's just nasty and fucked up....the Coliseum or LA?? :lolol: Haven't thought once about having the Rams as the LA team. I have watched them on TV a couple of times (anemic O) and well into the games chuckled when I realized they were the LA Rams.
I was calling the Rams organization a shit hole.

I have no qualms with L.A., although I do hear the Coliseum is pretty shitty.

Whatever. It's water under the bridge. :cool:

L.A. has their awful team and organization back and I'm rooting for my childhood team. Driving 3 hours for a game sucks, but I'll trade the longer drive for a respectable organization. The game day experience put on by the two teams is night and day.

SR

#2567 Post by SR » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:22 pm

I was kidding.

Let's agree to send them out to sea and call them the Pacific Rams....or Sea Rams?...depending on where they drift? Or the Wavy Rams.....dunno, don't care.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2568 Post by Hokahey » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:35 pm

SR wrote:I was kidding.

Let's agree to send them out to sea and call them the Pacific Rams....or Sea Rams?...depending on where they drift? Or the Wavy Rams.....dunno, don't care.
Sounds like a plan. :thumb:

Krink

#2569 Post by Krink » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Hokahey wrote:I picked a great year to become a Chiefs fan.

Thanks for moving that shit hole team Stan! Now I've got a real organization to cheer for.

I went to Lucas Oil for the Chiefs v Colts. Incredible stadium. It couldn't match the vibe at Arrowhead, but far more bells and whistles. Stunning.

Nice - id love to go to Arrowhead for a game - Cheifs are great at home...they're kicking ass a little more quietly this year....maybe this time they can win more than 1 playoff game? :noclue:

How bout those Vikings? they're probably gonna lose again this week vs the Cards...that's a bad matchup for them - they cant run the ball, and then the Cards are great against the pass....i dont see how they're gonna score much at all - so they're gonna need some defense to win it for them...

i'm rootin for the Titans the rest of the way in the AFC :rockon:

kv

#2570 Post by kv » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:28 pm

Vikes win! Our kicker was the curse lol...we play good vs good teams and bad vs bad teams...getting 2 100 yard scores from the d and st def helped

Oh rams...never change

You claim a team krink? Or just wander from team to team?

blackula

#2571 Post by blackula » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:35 pm

blackula wrote:Neither the hyped up Giants or Jets will make the playoffs. The Redskins win the NFC East and Tom Brady sets season QB records in 12 games as a "fuck you" for the suspension. NY football (AFC) will be meaningless pretty quickly as the Jets have a tough schedule the first 6 weeks. The Giants will go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

Not too promising either on my side KV
I was dead on with my Jets prediction and stoked that i might be wrong about the Giants. Big maybe though, not sold on them, every win lately they barely squeak by. 7-3 can be 9-7 with 3 divisional games left.

SR

#2572 Post by SR » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:45 am

The NFL thought something through and came away a winner and class act .... NO ONE fucks with Aretha.

:rockon:

kv

#2573 Post by kv » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:14 am

LA Chargers....thanks for not being stupid spanos

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2574 Post by Hokahey » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:47 am

kv wrote:LA Chargers....thanks for not being stupid spanos
The whole god damn thing is going to be a failure unless one or both teams are really, really good. I reallllllly hope that if that happens it's the Chargers doing well, but I see a shiny new football palace with half empty stands in the future.

Fuck the NFL for allowing team relocation musical chairs to happen again. This bullshit is exactly why they implemented strict relocation bylaws in the 90s that they're not bothering to adhere to.

There's a reason ratings are down. Keep fucking over your die hards.

kv

#2575 Post by kv » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:59 am

The Chargers and rams are very different situations...rams had a stadium built for them In 1995 that's still being paid for and demanded more the chargers have been in their stadium since 1967...one that was built for sdsu, the padres and the chargers...shitty parking, amenities, no suites, corporate seating of any kind.. completely out dated...the second oldest stadium in the NFL that hasn't been refurbished right behind oakland...the padres have since received a stadium built for baseball...while the city has fucked the bolts at every turn...the rams moved to la which cost the chargers their local game coverage in LA and OC counties which makes up a third of their home game ticket sales...the chargers had a stadium bill on the ballot that was gonna take taxes from the hotel industry tax on visitors...not a single tax dollar from a single citizen...and it was badly trounced...chargers owners hands are tied...even if the ballot measure had lost but had a solid vote he would have stayed and fought longer giving up their LA right which would have allowed another NFL team to LA to leech more fans from SD..his heart is fucking broken....the rams meanwhile straight fucked and lied to their fans...the chargers do not have a very large die hard fan pop...very fickle group...and if they are so diehard drive two fucking hours like I did for 15 years

LA your only true LA pro football team has returned! Rejoice

Dean spanos' hands are tied he made the only sensible decision he could have