NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
creep
Site Admin

Re: NFL

#551 Post by creep » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:18 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:
thoreau wrote:
farrellgirl99 wrote:anyone else a saints fan (too lazy to catch up on the whole thread)? im pretty excited for tomorrow's game.
I'm a big one. Glad to have you in good company.

:nod:
:wave:

who dat
dat the 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow...i think i had three heart attacks. that has to be one of the best games in a long long time.

kv

#552 Post by kv » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:20 pm

grats creep saints d play calling was shit late in that game tried to blitz instead of cover and it cost them big time...

creep
Site Admin

#553 Post by creep » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:24 pm

kv wrote:grats creep saints d play calling was shit late in that game tried to blitz instead of cover and it cost them big time...
they blitz every fucking play.

i was so pissed at the offense but when they had to score they did.

go giants!

creep
Site Admin

#554 Post by creep » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:34 pm

did the saints even have one penalty? i don't think i've ever seen that.

just checked...no penalties. 49ers only had 3. pretty impressive.

Juana

#555 Post by Juana » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:41 pm

The last 4 minutes of that game was crazy. Great game and that Smith to Vernon Davis connection was clutch on both of them in that final drive.

farrellgirl99

#556 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:53 pm

49ers defense was crazy. Brees wasn't able to throw down the field for almost the whole game.

I'm a Giants fan for the rest of the way. Hope we upset the Pack.

thoreau

#557 Post by thoreau » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Just got home. I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the most intense and impressive playoff game this year.

Sad for my Saints, but congratulations to the 49ers.

MYXYLPLYX

#558 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:25 pm

creep wrote:
wow...i think i had three heart attacks. that has to be one of the best games in a long long time.
Yeah man, I'm not built for that kind of stress... :scared: Shit was an emotional roller coaster but I'm damn glad they won - if they had lost far too many would have dismissed their record this season and declared them a fluke. After this game I believe all the doubters have to acknowledge they are a damn good team and deserve to be in the playoffs. Honestly, anything after this game is gravy to me... :banana:

JOEinPHX

#559 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:33 pm

How about that NE/DEN game?

While Tebow was praying, Tom Brady was fucking Giselle Bundchen and practicing throwing touchdowns.

Virgin Prayer: 0
Pussy and Hard work: 1

MYXYLPLYX

#560 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:38 pm

creep wrote:
kv wrote:grats creep saints d play calling was shit late in that game tried to blitz instead of cover and it cost them big time...
they blitz every fucking play.

i was so pissed at the offense but when they had to score they did.

go giants!
Yeah, I read a couple of analysts that basically said the Saint's DC blitzes all the time to cover up the lack of talent on their D. Their defensive stats bear out that they just aren't very good, but I guess they rely on a gambling defense and an offense that's better than the vast majority of their opponents'.

Today's game was very emblematic of the 49ers season - the Defense and Special Teams dominated the majority of the game and when they slipped towards the end the Offense picked 'em up and won the game. They've emphasized 'team, team, team' all season long and it was a team win today.

I'm pretty excited for tomorrow's GB v. Giants game. Despite the obvious advantages of GB, I honestly think the Giants come in to the game with the hottest Defense and a QB receiver tandem in Manning and Cruz that is as dangerous as any in football.

MYXYLPLYX

#561 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:How about that NE/DEN game?
Not that I was surprised, but damn was that game a let down after the crazy awesomeness of the SF/NO game. :confused:

Talk about a tale of two games - they couldn't have been more different.

kv

#562 Post by kv » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:25 am

pats looked like world beaters and now go back to play at home...

farrellgirl99

#563 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:18 pm

Giants are looking pretty good right now. I got high hopes for the second half

Eli's hail mary to Nicks was beautiful.

creep
Site Admin

#564 Post by creep » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:25 pm

wow..looks like the 49ers are getting another home game. they have a really good chance of actually making the superbowl now. crazy.

Juana

#565 Post by Juana » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Yeah I just thing eventually the bottom has to fall out of the Giants and I think if they actually play a team with a defense they will probably have a more difficult game.

Also this is why you do not bench your players and let them get their reps in. Rogers looks rusty as fuck today. Also Dom Capers should probably be fired after this performance this season as well and then they need to actually spend some money on the other side of the ball because that is the problem of both the Saints and Packers is they have absolutely shit for defense.

blackula

#566 Post by blackula » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:17 pm

Juana wrote:Yeah I just thing eventually the bottom has to fall out of the Giants and I think if they actually play a team with a defense they will probably have a more difficult game.

Also this is why you do not bench your players and let them get their reps in. Rogers looks rusty as fuck today. Also Dom Capers should probably be fired after this performance this season as well and then they need to actually spend some money on the other side of the ball because that is the problem of both the Saints and Packers is they have absolutely shit for defense.
That's the beautiful thing about the giants, balance. In a pass friendly NFL they have an offense that can hang with the Saints and Packers and a defense that can be one of the best in the league when healthy. The rust was obvious, but this is still a team whose "B" team put up 40something points on the Lions the last game of the season. No excuses at home in Lambou.

Juana

#567 Post by Juana » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:47 pm

If a 9-7 team wins the super bowl they need to redo the playoff seeding to where the best records not the division winners get the home field in the first round. Glad I went for a run during the game though because it looks like from the final score GB's D was shit like it was all season statistically the worst D in the history of the NFL. Rogers did look rusty and they looked like shit on offense. GB's defense is filled with people that are too classy, would loved to have seen someone like Suh put a helmet into Eli's knee and then stomp him like he did that O-linemen on Turkey Day. Whatever happened to dirty plays in blow outs?

But the good news out of this weekend is now that the Saints are out of it (was rooting for them because of Brees and the Chargers continue to suck), off shore diving and fishing trip is on for superbowl weekend. Just hope nothing bad happens since you know everyone will be watching the superbowl and we'll probably die at sea :lolol:

el segundo

#568 Post by el segundo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:56 am

Im Pulling for the 49ers to beat the giants next weekend, and the Ravens to beat the patriots (dont think that will happen) but a Harbaugh brothers superbowl would be pretty great.

kv

#569 Post by kv » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 am

Juana wrote:If a 9-7 team wins the super bowl they need to redo the playoff seeding to where the best records not the division winners get the home field in the first round.

no way leave it how it is win your division gets a home playoff game

Juana

#570 Post by Juana » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:01 pm

That's kind of Bullshit though because if the better teams are in another division say like in the NBA then they no longer get the home court because they had a better record. Most of the time division winners are good but the AFC West this and last year were shit and got home playoff games they shouldn't have gotten because the system is flawed. Its BS that a 12 win team has to go on the road to play a 8 or 9 win team.

Xizen47

#571 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Juana wrote:That's kind of Bullshit though because if the better teams are in another division say like in the NBA then they no longer get the home court because they had a better record. Most of the time division winners are good but the AFC West this and last year were shit and got home playoff games they shouldn't have gotten because the system is flawed. Its BS that a 12 win team has to go on the road to play a 8 or 9 win team.
I agree, I think they should just get rid of the divisions alltogether, just have the afc and nfc, top 6 get in,, simple

A better record should always = home field advantage.

Also think the NFL should fix the bye week system, make it weeks 8 and 9 with half the teams off each week.. Wtf team wants to have their bye week after 2 games?

Juana

#572 Post by Juana » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:58 pm

Yeah I agree with this as well but it would be hell for the fantasy football players in the world, they might revolt or something :lolol:

kv

#573 Post by kv » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 pm

you guys are nuts ya lets throw the history of the game out...and allow people to take playoffs spots from you that you didn't even get a chance to play?? the div system allows for a fair season against common opps to decide a div winner....so if you have a 12 team afc div that will happen often and it would be bullshit you guys haven't thought this through

Juana

#574 Post by Juana » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Basically I should rephrase the BEST RECORDS should get home games. Then the terrible 8-8 AFC West team that wins the division next year (hopefully the Bolts) will get in but they will have to play on the road.... the way it is now it's unfair to the AFC North, NFC South and things like that. How is it fair that a .750 team can get left out of the playoffs because they play in a real division?

Keep in mind I had this view back when DEN/KC/Bolts all had decent seasons in the past and 2 got left out because other division winners were let in. Should just have a plan in place that prevents shit like that from happening. Denver didn't deserve a home game nor did the Giants based on their regular season performances.

kv

#575 Post by kv » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Juana wrote:Basically I should rephrase the BEST RECORDS should get home games. Then the terrible 8-8 AFC West team that wins the division next year (hopefully the Bolts) will get in but they will have to play on the road.... the way it is now it's unfair to the AFC North, NFC South and things like that. How is it fair that a .750 team can get left out of the playoffs because they play in a real division?

Keep in mind I had this view back when DEN/KC/Bolts all had decent seasons in the past and 2 got left out because other division winners were let in. Should just have a plan in place that prevents shit like that from happening. Denver didn't deserve a home game nor did the Giants based on their regular season performances.
win your fucking div...get a home game..period...it's never gonna change whats to say a div isn't complete and utter dogshit with the two bottom teams being 2-14 and the tops teams being 12-4 11-5 having 4 of their wins spoon feed by horrid teams...now compare that to a tight div where all the teams are much much better then the 2-12 teams and they all end up in a battle for the div with the winner doing it with 10 games...and you think the cake walk team at 11-5 should get that spot? fuck that never happen 11-5 team should have won their div they were not the best in their own div even :crazy: plus div change like crazy over the years...hell use this year....the hottly contested nfc east 3 teams winthin 1 game of each other with the giants winning at 9-7 you honestly feel it's right that they should go on the road and a 10-6 falcons who played in a div with 2 teams well below 500 makes them better? hell no the saints won that div...and going into the playoffs who would you have said was the better team...i bet nobody on this site would have said "ya falcons are, tampa and the panthers are fucking tough!"