NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
chaos

Re: NFL

#676 Post by chaos » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Really? I was surprised how dull her halftime gig was. I don't think even the vocals were live.
Dull as fucking dogshit.

Madonna moved at halfspeed, lip synced the entire thing.

Fucking boring. It was just a live advertisement for her new song and nothing else.
It seemed as though she actually sang the last song. :noclue: Considering that she is 54, it wasn't atrocious. I mean it would have been terrible if she tried to act like she was 20. But hey, you guys are a tough crowd. :lol:

In the beginning of her act it look as though she was having some difficulty stepping down from the platform (what was she thinking wearing those boots ? :lol: )

Artemis

#677 Post by Artemis » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:47 pm

chaos wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Really? I was surprised how dull her halftime gig was. I don't think even the vocals were live.
Dull as fucking dogshit.

Madonna moved at halfspeed, lip synced the entire thing.

Fucking boring. It was just a live advertisement for her new song and nothing else.
It seemed as though she actually sang the last song. :noclue: Considering that she is 54, it wasn't atrocious. I mean it would have been terrible if she tried to act like she was 20. But hey, you guys are a tough crowd. :lol:

In the beginning of her act it look as though she was having some difficulty stepping down from the platform (what was she thinking wearing those boots ? :lol: )

I agree with you about the boots. They looked cool but seemed too heavy for some of her dance moves.

farrellgirl99

#678 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:50 pm

Giants :hehe:

Good stuff.

Now let's bring on baseball :banana:

Artemis

#679 Post by Artemis » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Are you going to go to the victory parade?

Kajicat

#680 Post by Kajicat » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:03 pm

Awesome game. Came down to the wire, just like the last NY vs. NE Super Bowl game. Terrific. Madonna was entertaining for all the spectacle and probable lip synching that was involved. Was at a super bowl party with about 30 people at a rented-out studio downtown Seattle. Tapped that keg, ate good food, played Flip Cup (like I was in college again) and had a great time.

farrellgirl99

#681 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Artemis wrote:Are you going to go to the victory parade?
i dont think ill make it. it's actually my 21st birthday tomorrow (or later today rather) so tuesday morning i will be way hungover. then i have work and school from 1130-830 lol.

if it was my yankees, id go. but im not a die hard football fan so im not too sad ill miss it.

SR

#682 Post by SR » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:15 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:
i dont think ill make it. it's actually my 21st birthday tomorrow (or later today rather) so tuesday morning i will be way hungover. then i have work and school from 1130-830 lol.

if it was my yankees, id go. but im not a die hard football fan so im not too sad ill miss it.
Hey, congrats young lady......and be careful celebrating! :oldtimer:

kv

#683 Post by kv » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:59 am

SR wrote:Maddonna washorrible, but not as bad as the Pats. For fucks sake, really.....back to my shit pie. Fuck me, fuck football.

So bummed. :sui:
ahhhh sweetness boston people are bummed (sorry for you though SR)

kv

#684 Post by kv » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:10 am

it's funny because during the halftime show i was thinking wouldn't it be sweet if Madonna lost it and did something stupid with millions watching...and sure enough MIA came through..huge balls on that girl :rockon: F.T.W. watching it live i wasn't sure if she had just flipped the bird but like a second later the screen blurred and i knew she had...fucking classic

Artemis

#685 Post by Artemis » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:34 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:

Happy Birthday !! :bday: :cheers: :bday:

Have fun tonight!

p.s. bacon is a miracle hangover food.

thoreau

#686 Post by thoreau » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:18 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:

Who Dat Birthday Girl! :thumb:

Have fun celebrating.

Xizen47

#687 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:22 am

Cheaters never prosper :hehe:

thoreau

#688 Post by thoreau » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:24 am

So now that the season's officially over, which post-season game do you think was the most exciting this year?

I'm still contending that it was the Saints-49ers game.

Romeo

#689 Post by Romeo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:40 am

I am a Dolphins fan so anyone who beats the Jets or NE is fine by me in my book :thumb:
But being a NY'er & the fact the Jets weren't involved I am happy for the Giants. :rockon:

Xizen47

#690 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:54 am

thoreau wrote:So now that the season's officially over, which post-season game do you think was the most exciting this year?

I'm still contending that it was the Saints-49ers game.

Saints-Niners by a Long Shot

followed by Giants-Green Bay

all the rest were meh

farrellgirl99

#691 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 am

Thanks for the bday wishes everyone :cheers:

i'll take shots for you all :drink:

chaos

#692 Post by chaos » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:06 pm

http://bostinno.com/2012/02/06/gisele-m ... ime-video/
Walking through a hallway, the Brazilian supermodel was met with jeers about Brady’s performance, including a particularly harsh, “Eli owns your husband!” At first, Gisele laughed it off, but eventually, it was too much. As she waited for the elevator, she responded to the crowd: “My husband cannot f*cking throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time.”
Zing! :lol:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#693 Post by Hokahey » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:56 pm

There is no greater joy than watching the Rams win the SB, but watching the Patriots lose it is pretty close. Their spying/cheating ruined the franchise. Sent Martz in to a tailspin that caused infighting and front office disfunction that the organization still hasn't recovered from. I'd be happy to alternate Rams SB wins with Patriots SB losses every year until I dide.

creep
Site Admin

#694 Post by creep » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:37 pm

hokahey wrote:There is no greater joy than watching the Rams win the SB, but watching the Patriots lose it is pretty close. Their spying/cheating ruined the franchise. Sent Martz in to a tailspin that caused infighting and front office disfunction that the organization still hasn't recovered from. I'd be happy to alternate Rams SB wins with Patriots SB losses every year until I dide.
there isn't a team that doesn't cheat. they just got caught.

clickie

#695 Post by clickie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:41 pm

lol creep got caught deleting posts so now he says every team in the NFL cheats.

chaos

#696 Post by chaos » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:17 pm

Artemis wrote:
farrellgirl99 wrote:

Happy Birthday !! :bday: :cheers: :bday:

Have fun tonight!

p.s. bacon is a miracle hangover food.

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/drink ... 00241.html
Once upon a time, bacon was a side dish for eggs. Now it's a milkshake flavor.

The California-based fast food chain, Jack in the Box, is selling a limited-edition indulgence not everyone will want to try.

The Bacon Shake consists of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, a maraschino cherry and "bacon flavored syrup." Based on the ingredients-sugar, preservatives, artificial flavors, a whole lot of salt-there's not an ounce of actual bacon in there.

But a 24-ounce cup does manage to pack a lot of calories. 1,081 to be exact. On the up side, it's got 17 grams of protein.

But how does it taste? "Horrific" according to Brock Keeling, a blogger at SFist, who to took the meat-flavored milkshake for a test-drive. " A heavy, lingering bland with a touch of smoke that doesn't go away," is how he describes each gulp.

That assessment would suggest a fast food fail, but the fervent devotion for bacon flavor defies logic. Anything the smokey strip touches, even in name alone, becomes a phenomenon. Jack in the Box -- which rolled out a new ad campaign with the slogan 'If you love bacon so much, why don't you marry it -- isn't the first franchise wedded to the flavor. Denny's introduced a Maple Bacon Sunday, along with a whole menu of bacon-dressed meals, as part of a 'Baconalia' promotion. Wendy's Baconator burger, boasting six strips of the snappy meat, sold 25 million in the first eight weeks of the promotion.

Outside of fast food, Bacon has become a big favorite for dessert fiends with dare-devil palates. Artisan chocolate boutiques have added the smoke to their bars and morsels. Bacon-infused donuts, cookies and cupcakes are also making their way into bakeries across the country. No room left your stomach? There's a bacon-scented cologne to absorb through your pores, while you're busy digesting lunch.

One theory behind the cult of bacon: it's addictive. A recent study found that fatty foods like cheesecake, frosting and, yes, bacon, had a similar effect on the brain's pleasure center as cocaine. In an experiment on rats, scientists at the Scripps Research Institute found that overindulging on bacon releases the brain's 'feel-good' neurotransmitter, dopamine. When the initial sensation of euphoria passes, along with the indigestion, the craving for another fix kicks in. If your need to feed gets bad enough, you'll take your bacon flavor any way you can get it. Mainlining through a straw, however, may be a sign you've hit rock bottom.

tubro

#697 Post by tubro » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 pm

its a shame that the patriots are so reviled and considered to be cheaters. they were good, even if they were cheating. but as bill simmons said, people will keep saying that they haven't won anything since they were busted, and it happens to be true. so they lose again. and the giants, a team that this jets fan has never rooted for, were likable and better and deserve it. it was a decent game. it was close, came down to the end, featured a lot of very good passes by both qb's and a lot of stops by both defenses.

the parade goes by my office. as a mets/jets fan, it seems like every year i have to smell the vomit of drunken yankee and giants fans at the parade. tomorrow will be no different.

saints/niners was the best game of the post season by far, followed by giants/niners and the supe. there were a lot of mediocre teams in this year's tourney and no great ones but the five at the top could have and did play a lot of close games against each other.

finally, madonna. i came away able to make two totally different reviews and i still feel both apply. first is 'welcome to old age and irrelevance, madge'. sure, you managed not to suck like the black eyed peas, and yes it was visually fun, but it was a long shot away from changing my mind about how a musical performance should have some music rather than pre recorded beats, pre recorded vocals and a bunch of dancers. plus your new song sucks compared with your old ones. but its a tough stage, the crowd is made up of 70 year old white corporate guys and drunken male fans who spend halftime pissing and loading up on some more beer, and you were entertaining and grand. so you get a C+.

-or-
well madge, you werent expected to do anything more than lock in a bunch of sold out arenas for your upcoming tour, and at that, you were a complete success. instead of showing us your privates for the millionth time, to prove that you're still edgy, you came out and were unironic, fun, grand and full of smiles and hits. and while your tour and won't appeal to young hipsters, you knew that. so you just reigned in every 50 year old that usually goes to a few shows a year, like paul simon and fleetwood mac reunions and paul mccartney. these middle age parents of kids the age of your former fans watched your 12 minutes and came away saying 'gee i love her and gee hubby won't her show be swell' and they'll fill the room.s from columbus to salt lake city to dallas to pittsburgh. you're a success but you know that you're too old to be edgy. so you'll be the rolling stones and the people your age will love it. congrats. as always, you've got your pulse on what it takes to made madonna successful. and the show was a blast. A-.

SR

#698 Post by SR » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:22 pm

All I could think was Aristotle and spectacle. :banana: :boobs:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#699 Post by Hokahey » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:56 am

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:There is no greater joy than watching the Rams win the SB, but watching the Patriots lose it is pretty close. Their spying/cheating ruined the franchise. Sent Martz in to a tailspin that caused infighting and front office disfunction that the organization still hasn't recovered from. I'd be happy to alternate Rams SB wins with Patriots SB losses every year until I dide.
there isn't a team that doesn't cheat. they just got caught.
The general consensus I got from the interviews and articles I read when Spygate broke is that you're right about that, but that the Patriots took it further than anyone else and sort of broke the unspoken rule about the acceptable level of cheating. :lol:

Artemis

#700 Post by Artemis » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:21 pm

chaos wrote:

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/drink ... 00241.html
Once upon a time, bacon was a side dish for eggs. Now it's a milkshake flavor.

The California-based fast food chain, Jack in the Box, is selling a limited-edition indulgence not everyone will want to try.

The Bacon Shake consists of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, a maraschino cherry and "bacon flavored syrup." Based on the ingredients-sugar, preservatives, artificial flavors, a whole lot of salt-there's not an ounce of actual bacon in there.

But a 24-ounce cup does manage to pack a lot of calories. 1,081 to be exact. On the up side, it's got 17 grams of protein.

But how does it taste? "Horrific" according to Brock Keeling, a blogger at SFist, who to took the meat-flavored milkshake for a test-drive. " A heavy, lingering bland with a touch of smoke that doesn't go away," is how he describes each gulp.

That assessment would suggest a fast food fail, but the fervent devotion for bacon flavor defies logic. Anything the smokey strip touches, even in name alone, becomes a phenomenon. Jack in the Box -- which rolled out a new ad campaign with the slogan 'If you love bacon so much, why don't you marry it -- isn't the first franchise wedded to the flavor. Denny's introduced a Maple Bacon Sunday, along with a whole menu of bacon-dressed meals, as part of a 'Baconalia' promotion. Wendy's Baconator burger, boasting six strips of the snappy meat, sold 25 million in the first eight weeks of the promotion.

Outside of fast food, Bacon has become a big favorite for dessert fiends with dare-devil palates. Artisan chocolate boutiques have added the smoke to their bars and morsels. Bacon-infused donuts, cookies and cupcakes are also making their way into bakeries across the country. No room left your stomach? There's a bacon-scented cologne to absorb through your pores, while you're busy digesting lunch.

One theory behind the cult of bacon: it's addictive. A recent study found that fatty foods like cheesecake, frosting and, yes, bacon, had a similar effect on the brain's pleasure center as cocaine. In an experiment on rats, scientists at the Scripps Research Institute found that overindulging on bacon releases the brain's 'feel-good' neurotransmitter, dopamine. When the initial sensation of euphoria passes, along with the indigestion, the craving for another fix kicks in. If your need to feed gets bad enough, you'll take your bacon flavor any way you can get it. Mainlining through a straw, however, may be a sign you've hit rock bottom.

Interesting...I do feel a euphoric rush after eating bacon.

As for that foul sounding milkshake - NO THANKS! :jasper:

I have tried a bacon chocolate bar which was pretty good. I wouldn't buy it on a regular basis, but it's worth it to try.
I tried this bar:
I wasn't aware of the bacon and desserts trend. It's odd because I am usually aware of the latest food trends.