NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
dali

Re: NFL

#826 Post by dali » Thu May 03, 2012 8:47 pm

clickie wrote:as much as everyone loves football...

Did you even read my post?

Juana

#827 Post by Juana » Thu May 03, 2012 9:58 pm

dali wrote:How come, now in the modern age, the paradigm has completely shifted 180 degrees to where the "players" are "heros" and revered, enough so that you can't even say anything disparaging about them?
http://juniorseau.org/about-the-foundation/commitment

Having helped out with his foundation in the past with the golf tournies and other engagements, and the fact that he just raised 500k for the underprivileged in San Diego (what have you done for anyone else with your celebrity?), I personally felt it best to not respond. I do not know anything about the supposed domestic violence and the supposed person that was abused is I believe the person that found him so either they made up, or maybe there was no domestic violence, in any matter its not my job to be glad someone is dead because of charges that were not filed. Which is how your statement read. Seemed like you wanted to bait people. I happened to know the other side and what he did off the field to help his beloved San Diego. You do not know someone until you have walked in their shoes, famous or not famous, just as we do not know each others walks of life.

As for the slave comment, if you have a job and you do not own your own business you're a slave, unless you're the owner you're a replaceable asset. A dollar sign with a heart beat, you either represent a profit or a loss and nothing more in the eyes of the people that run/own the business. But that is a debate for a different thread as we do not want to take the NFL thread off topic into ethics, morals and business non-sense.

dali

#828 Post by dali » Thu May 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Juana wrote:
dali wrote: But that is a debate for a different thread as we do not want to take the NFL thread off topic into ethics, morals and business non-sense.
The NFL is a buisness. Duh This is one of the issues I was refering to in my earlier posts.

And I guess you missed the fact that I've lived in San Diego since 1979, about 20 miles from Junior, so I know all about him, good AND bad.

Lets just say it's the typical case of only the "good" being reported to the rest of the US and not the bad.

Junior did many 'good" and great things but he also beat his girlfriend and the SDPD just would not charge him because it would break his image and thus all the benefits SD would recieve because of his image (fame).

Juana

#829 Post by Juana » Thu May 03, 2012 10:28 pm

As I said, I know a lot about the man too but not an expert on his daily life dealings. That all said Gina never claimed any abuse, and while there is no excuse for it if it is true now the reports are coming out that he had headaches since about 2003 or so, daily, so there might be more to it. I grew up in Huntington Beach and I always loved what he did on the field and when he got into USC he was my favorite player. I know everyone has good and bad in their lives, but like I said the comment came off as "glad he's dead because he abused his g/f" which you're entitled to have, I do not condone that shit, but I also do not know the facts of the case. That all said I'm sure he punished himself enough trying to drive his car off a 100 foot cliff after it all happened and no charges, so as I alluded to earlier in this post maybe something wasn't right.

Everyone has their demons and again, I'm not justifying what he did by any means, but shouldn't the anger be more towards the city and not towards Junior on that? If the DA had some balls maybe he would've charged him anyway? Was it an election year?

But again those questions are not for the NFL thread and more just about the area. While I didn't live in SD, I was in HB and still have a home there so I do try to keep up with as much stuff from the SD-LA metro areas as I can.

dali

#830 Post by dali » Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Juana wrote: Everyone has their demons and again, I'm not justifying what he did by any means, but shouldn't the anger be more towards the city and not towards Junior on that?
No, the anger should be equal all around. I blame Junior, the city and anyone who went along with it.

I always hate that kind of arguement where when everyone is to blame people try to make it seem like some should be blamed more than others. They all should be blamed and ASHAMED. Period.

If you wanna start a thread about Junior and move it out of this thread that's fine by me.

Juana

#831 Post by Juana » Thu May 03, 2012 10:53 pm

What I was saying is if the DA wasn't a pussy then maybe the charges would have been filed if there was a case. But I suspect that the DA didn't press the charges especially if it was an election year because he/she knew they would lose because of who the person being charged was. Regardless of Junior or not, the sole responsibility for the charges is on the DA and the city to prove their case.

Either way, wooo the Bolts will probably suck again this season and the stupid Broncos will win the AFC West again as long as Peyton can get on the field.

dali

#832 Post by dali » Thu May 03, 2012 11:09 pm

Juana wrote:What I was saying is if the DA wasn't a pussy then maybe the charges would have been filed if there was a case. But I suspect that the DA didn't press the charges especially if it was an election year because he/she knew they would lose because of who the person being charged was. Regardless of Junior or not, the sole responsibility for the charges is on the DA and the city to prove their case.

Ugh, it wasn't about whether the DA thought they could win or lose the case it was about the fact that if they even charged Junior it would be seen as an 'unpatriotic" act against San Diego itself.

You have to understand, SD is a sleepy little border town and when "famous" people like Junior come along No One wants to rock the boat and go against him because his fame brings a lot of "riches" to SD just thru SD's association with him.

But that doesn't mean SD is more to blame than Junior himself who commited the acts.

Dude, think about it, he drove off the cliff as he was returning home from jail after he was arrested for DV. Gee, I wonder if he was so innocent of DV why he would choose to try and commit suicide at that particular moment? It was because he was ashamed of what he had did, that's why. :lightbulb:

Juana

#833 Post by Juana » Thu May 03, 2012 11:18 pm

Yeah I get it that is why I said maybe he has punished himself a lot in these last couple years ended with him killing himself. I will be starting another thread in the current events in regards to domestic violence amongst athletes, charges, blame and all that shit. But I'm going to wait until I'm a bit more sober so it doesn't turn into a flame war with everyone and we have an actual debate, I did do a paper on this stuff so I have good info on both sides of the coin.

Anyway like I said earlier hopefully the Bolts do not suck this season but losing Tolbert, not having a pass rush and the Donkeys getting Peyton = probably another 2nd place finish in the division and no playoffs :(

kv

#834 Post by kv » Fri May 04, 2012 12:40 am

you are forgetting who you are argueing with juana :dunce:

Juana

#835 Post by Juana » Tue May 08, 2012 12:28 pm

kv wrote:you are forgetting who you are argueing with juana :dunce:
Yeah I thought about it and decided to just leave it be.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/79045 ... -bowl-team

Interesting more indepth story about the '94 squad

kv

#836 Post by kv » Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 am

looks like the vikings are gonna get their stadium in minny

THANK FUCKING GAWD

because as a life long viking fan, who has always dreamed of them moving to LA

I would shit my pants if they did now that i 'm thinking of moving outa state

:balls:

lollapaloser

#837 Post by lollapaloser » Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Is that the Idaho thing? I was out there last year, and I wish I could get a gig that would allow me to move out there. Been there twice now, its awesome.

kv

#838 Post by kv » Fri May 11, 2012 7:37 pm

ya looking outside boise and good to hear i hear nothing but great things which surprises me lol

mockbee

#839 Post by mockbee » Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Idaho is about as different from LA as you can get..........at least if you are talking USA.

It would be curious if you moved to Idaho cold turkey, have you spent much time up there?

You just seem like "Mr. LA" to me....... :noclue:

kv

#840 Post by kv » Sun May 13, 2012 12:08 am

never been to idaho lol but ya change can be good

mockbee

#841 Post by mockbee » Sun May 13, 2012 8:26 am

kv wrote:never been to idaho

omg. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

No it can be good, for sure. Just be ready and wanting it. And ready for outdoor all the time, or holed up a lot of the time watching movies or something...................well maybe it isn't that different than LA. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#842 Post by creep » Sun May 13, 2012 9:18 am

mockbee wrote:

No it can be good, for sure. Just be ready and wanting it. And ready for outdoor all the time, or holed up a lot of the time watching movies or something...................well maybe it isn't that different than LA. :lol:
kv said that he is in to fishing and outdoor shit so idaho is 10000000x better than southern california. kv doesn't come off as the type of guy that goes clubbing so the fresh air, mountains and traffic free roads might be a good change. as i said before i work in idaho quite a bit and i could live in the boise, lewiston or coeur d' alene areas.

just a couple of pics i have taken there

Juana

#843 Post by Juana » Sun May 13, 2012 9:33 am

Idaho is really pretty but I can't remember if its Idaho or Montana that has all the crazy right wing militia groups

creep
Site Admin

#844 Post by creep » Sun May 13, 2012 9:42 am

Juana wrote:Idaho is really pretty but I can't remember if its Idaho or Montana that has all the crazy right wing militia groups
probably idaho. it's very white there and there are a lot of crazy white supremacists too.

Shaun Winkler, White Supremacist Idaho Sheriff Candidate, Hosts Cross Burning Event

Shaun Winkler, a white supremacist in Idaho running as a Republican for Bonner County sheriff, is defending his recent cross burning ceremony, after having invited members of the media to attend the event last week.

"Mainstream society looks at cross lighting as a symbol of hate, but it predates the Klan by hundreds of years," Winkler told the Bonner County Daily Bee. "We look at it more as a religious symbol."

Winkler went on to claim the ritual has Scottish roots dating back hundreds of years, but his status as a Ku Klux Klan imperial wizard and his candid admissions of racial and religious prejudice suggest that the decision to burn the cross may take inspiration from a more recent and ugly practice.

"Most people don't know that we don't just oppose the Jews and the Negroes," he said, according to the Daily Bee. "We also oppose sexual predators and drugs of any kind."

While Winkler has claimed that he wouldn't allow his personal beliefs to guide the way he would act as sheriff, his position on sexual predators is admittedly more severe.

He has framed his campaign around the message of cracking down on methamphetamine producers and sex offenders, telling people at a candidate forum this week he favors immediate hangings for those convicted of being sexual predators.

Winkler is one of the remaining members of a diminished, but still active, Aryan Nations presence in Idaho. Democratic state Rep. Cherie Buckner-Webb, the first black woman to serve in Idaho's state legislature, faced numerous racist attacks from the KKK and other white supremacist groups during her campaign.

Brenda Hammond of the Bonner County Human Rights Task Force says Winkler's political presence is an embarrassment to the rest of the county.

"It shows the need for the human rights task force has not gone away," she told the Associated Press. "Many of us on the task force have really regretted Bonner County's reputation for harboring racism when the vast majority of us don't think like that."

Voters in Bonner County will head to the polls on Tuesday to cast their ballots.

Juana

#845 Post by Juana » Sun May 13, 2012 9:51 am

Damn that is crazy, sucks when people ruin beautiful areas like that. I guess because it is very white and not as densely populated shit like that goes unnoticed to the rest of the country.

mockbee

#846 Post by mockbee » Sun May 13, 2012 10:48 am

The crazy right wing, white supremacist groups and the lack of anything urban whatsoever in Idaho is what will be such a shock coming from LA. I mean LA has issues with race, but Idaho's issues are a whole other animal and quite likely more shocking and disturbing than LA's issues...... I know driving through and staying at peoples houses in the Coeur d'Alene area, it's not necessarily on the surface, but you scratch it and it's there.....

Idaho is soooooooooooo beautiful, though. Some places in Idaho just seem how the gods intended the earth to be. :nod:

I hope you get there KV....... because more people like you need to be there and drown out those whacko supremacists and make them move to Canada or something.... :neutral:

To make this more football appropriate....... Go Broncos!..........? :no: ........:noclue: :neutral: :conf: ...................... :banana:

kv

#847 Post by kv » Sun May 13, 2012 10:39 pm

creep wrote:
mockbee wrote:

kv said that he is in to fishing and outdoor shit so idaho is 10000000x better than southern california. kv doesn't come off as the type of guy that goes clubbing so the fresh air, mountains and traffic free roads might be a good change. as i said before i work in idaho quite a bit and i could live in the boise, lewiston or coeur d' alene areas.

just a couple of pics i have taken there

yeah i am just in a different place...i used to be all about the clubs, bars and being in hollywood all week long but i don't get out there much these days ( lazy old age) what i am into is way better in idaho and i'm at the stage in my life where i don't think i wanna pay a fortune to stay in a tiny house by the beach with high taxes and cost of living and going back to work...when i can move to idaho get a spanking new huge house and stay outa work and do the things i like to do now more often and better...fishing in idaho is fucking insane...i know it will be massive culture shock i'll leave a lot of friends here and such but i have lived within 10 miles of where i do now my entire life...and always take my vacations to rural quieter places...have spent a ton of time in oregon and washington but would want milder winters i don't wanna be snowed in all winter and i don't wanna be too far away from the big city outside boise seems to be the perfect fit plus you can seriously get houses for nothing there like brand new 4-5 bedrooms 3 car garages built to your spec 150-200k it's silly...plus i have a couple of my childhood friends who moved out there and love it so at least i'd have some friends out there... i mean you go play a round of golf out here and you are gonna speed 50 bucks easy there you'll pay 20 have a cart and the course to yourself lol....in la it's 3-5 hours to my favorive fishing spots idaho 20 mins to world class fisheries...plus after a lifetime living in la weather i think i'd enjoy some seasons instead of 70 and nice all year...i'd have snow, leaves turning ect...biggest things i would miss are i am in a couple bands but sure people play music in idaho or i can share files to write and stuff...and i'd miss the ocean but i am rarely in it anymore..i think i'd be happy and never working again is kinda a massive fucking plus

kv

#848 Post by kv » Sun May 13, 2012 11:43 pm

creep wrote:
Juana wrote:Idaho is really pretty but I can't remember if its Idaho or Montana that has all the crazy right wing militia groups
probably idaho. it's very white there and there are a lot of crazy white supremacists too.
yeah that stuff is up north boise is chill but ya very white, very bible, very pro gun, anti drugs will be culture shock for sure after living in LA my whole life..gonna miss legal cali government herb...looks like i will be getting a oregon card and making trips lol

creep
Site Admin

#849 Post by creep » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:16 pm

i just saw that the chargers signed ronnie brown. i always liked him and i think he might have something left. last year he didn't stand a chance in philly with mccoy there.

Juana

#850 Post by Juana » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Yeah they're still going to split the carries between Mathews and Brown, he will basically be getting Tolbert's carries but I really liked that rookie from last year too that played with Tolbert and Mathews hurt in one of the games, hopefully he gets a shot at some touches.