NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
mockbee

Re: NFL

#951 Post by mockbee » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:37 am

GO VIKINGS!!!

(that was difficult for me to say this morning....but now all the times in the Metrodome came flooding back to me, nothing will replace childhood......I can't imagine if this were a playoff game though, I would have to dig a hole and sit in it for about three hours and wait it out......... :scared: )

Artemis

#952 Post by Artemis » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:48 am

mockbee wrote:GO VIKINGS!!!

(that was difficult for me to say this morning....but now all the times in the Metrodome came flooding back to me, nothing will replace childhood......I can't imagine if this were a playoff game though, I would have to dig a hole and sit in it for about three hours and wait it out......... :scared: )
:lol: Watching football is not very healthy for you.

creep
Site Admin

#953 Post by creep » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:25 am

i'm not sure if the vikings are that good or the 49ers are playing that bad.

maybe a loss will be good so everyone can name some other team the best this year. take some of the pressure off. :noclue:

Juana

#954 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:37 pm

Well they were due for a let down game honestly. Those first two wins were pretty good and I think its only natural.

mockbee

#955 Post by mockbee » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:07 pm

Jim Harbaugh is embarrassing............. and the officials. :confused:

creep
Site Admin

#956 Post by creep » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:11 pm

mockbee wrote:Jim Harbaugh is embarrassing............. and the officials. :confused:
please move back to minnesota

mockbee

#957 Post by mockbee » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:28 pm

creep wrote:
mockbee wrote:Jim Harbaugh is embarrassing............. and the officials. :confused:
please move back to minnesota
Yeah... I've been opening my mouth too much today.........he is a whiner, but he does inspire the guys and I like his fire.....

Sorry about the loss creep, but I think it will make the 49ers stronger in the long run.....

SR

#958 Post by SR » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Harbaugh is raider reviling. The stain on an otherwise very likable team in every way.

Juana

#959 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Man the Falcons look really good so far this year. Their defense is VERY improved with Samuel and Robinson in the secondary.

SR

#960 Post by SR » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Juana wrote:Man the Falcons look really good so far this year. Their defense is VERY improved with Samuel and Robinson in the secondary.
They are going all the way. :nod:

Juana

#961 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:51 pm

SR wrote:
Juana wrote:Man the Falcons look really good so far this year. Their defense is VERY improved with Samuel and Robinson in the secondary.
They are going all the way. :nod:
If they continue to get leads and then take the air out of the ball I could see them playing San Fran.. but it also depends on who gets hot in the NFC. But the Falcons D has played pretty well today and took the Bolts out of their game plan. They're getting pressure, which I have noticed in each of their games and those corners are holding WRs in check.

SR

#962 Post by SR » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:00 pm

They look amazing. Great balance of passion and professionalism. Pats are all the latter ad lost 2 super bowls to it.

Juana

#963 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:12 pm

:lolol: @ Stafford getting hurt again. Mr Glass is back again!

kv

#964 Post by kv » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:54 pm

good game hoka your qb is amazing...ok thats my vent after watching the bolts get destroyed in every facet of the game lol...ryan looked good...fuck it he looked great, his location was sooo pin point...who the fuck do you cover when you play atl? dbl anyone and the others will rape you...they looked good...like their other back he was sharp...good to have a tandom with him and turner who isn't a spring chicken anymore...i knew going in the bolts hadn't beat anyone worth a shit...so not shocked...was good to see some ball..now i am gonna drink fluids for the next 3 days ( was 100 in my seats ...sooo stoked my next 2 games are night games..no more home days till nov.)....vikes! have to think san fran looked past us...turnovers kept us in it..well that and all day( how the fuck is he ever 90% after a dbl knee? no clue he is amazing...harvin showing up again as well...night game was great and almost has to seal the end of replacement refs...worst called game i have EVER seen...watching torrey smith go off was the best thing i have seen in a while ...he wanted to play with his other brothers and it was magic

Juana

#965 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Torrey Smith was amazing, as I told everyone here... I wanted to see him go off, like Favre did... His post game conference was heart breaking as you could see him holding back and trying to be strong.. sucks that a 19yr old died. But its good he has people like Ray and Reed in there with him when he finally has the breakdown to lift him up, on a personal level as they have both been thru some very public stuff

As for Matt Ryan, he is turning into "young Peyton"... surgical.

crater

#966 Post by crater » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:51 pm

Holy fuck Green Bay just got robbed

creep
Site Admin

#967 Post by creep » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:51 pm

well....the refs definitely cost the packers a win. that call was horrible.

MYXYLPLYX

#968 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:05 pm

That whole chaotic ending was bizarre and pathetic... :no:

crater

#969 Post by crater » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 pm

kv

#970 Post by kv » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:50 pm

i am the only person who doesn't think it was a massive bad call....there were horrid bad calls that cost gb the game like the off pi they called def...that was a head scratcher...but it was a duel catch and tie goes to the off...sure the guy in the air had 2 hands on it first but it's not a catch till he has 2 feet in bounds and by then the other guy had two hands on it and was a tie...on tv they mentioned the gb guy held it to his chest...how? the hawks guy had his hand between the ball and his chest...i thought it was a ok call...but stoked it happened all the outrage will get this ref shit fixed i hope...and the refs up stairs for review...are the same up stairs guys from last year and they made it stand soooo....

crater

#971 Post by crater » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:53 pm

kv wrote:on tv they mentioned the gb guy held it to his chest...how?

creep
Site Admin

#972 Post by creep » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:54 pm

kv wrote:i am the only person who doesn't think it was a massive bad call....there were horrid bad calls that cost gb the game like the off pi they called def...that was a head scratcher...but it was a duel catch and tie goes to the off...sure the guy in the air had 2 hands on it first but it's not a catch till he has 2 feet in bounds and by then the other guy had two hands on it and was a tie...on tv they mentioned the gb guy held it to his chest...how? the hawks guy had his hand between the ball and his chest...i thought it was a ok call...but stoked it happened all the outrage will get this ref shit fixed i hope...and the refs up stairs for review...are the same up stairs guys from last year and they made it stand soooo....
i'm not sure what you are seeing. i'm also surprised that there weren't more angles they could have shown. don't they have millions of cameras?

even if it was a td (which it wasn't) how do you miss the shove in the back?

Kajicat

#973 Post by Kajicat » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:26 pm

crater wrote:
kv wrote:on tv they mentioned the gb guy held it to his chest...how?
|
|
|
|
V
kv wrote:the hawks guy had his hand between the ball and his chest...

creep wrote:how do you miss the shove in the back?
Totally. But like Steve Young said, calls will get missed in a big play like that, as the refs were looking to see if a ball gets caught or not, and not so much if people are playing fair. But man o man there were TONS of bad calls this game, for both teams.

I'm a Hawks fan. GB got robbed tonight.
- Both players have the ball in mid air
- Seattle takes one hand off ball
- Seattle puts both hands back on ball before Packer lands with two feet
- Both players have both hands on the ball once they are both on the ground, but Packer has ball close to his chest (one of Seattle's hand is between ball and chest, there are 4 hands on the ball)
Close call, for sure...but overall yes I'd say interception, even though tie usually goes to the offense.

BUT...why the fuck are people so upset about this regular season BS call when the Hawks got multiple terrible calls against them in SUPER BOWL XL which completely altered the game and arguably cost Seattle the championship?? And that game featured the normal refs...and that one ref even came out years later and admitted the calls were WRONG. That's way more messed up.

I agree the call was fucked up tonight, but I'll take it. I'll take it as a makeup call for the bullshit Seattle went through in Super Bowl XL...and trust me, I would rather have had us win that game instead of tonight's.

BTW if this was reversed and it was Seattle making a game-winning interception that got called wrong and GB got the win/catch, this thing wouldn't be as blown up as it is. The national media never gives the Hawks any credit, and love teams like Green Bay. Nobody will remember the fact that Seattle sacked Aaron Rogers EIGHT TIMES in the first half, that's for sure.

Juana

#974 Post by Juana » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Well why would the national media care though? Its a story that a storied franchise got robbed. All people know about Seattle sports wise if the Sonics left, which sucks but it is what it is.

That said Pete is bringing a tough defense up there thats for sure.

Xizen47

#975 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 pm

kv wrote:i am the only person who doesn't think it was a massive bad call...
Yes

kv wrote:but it was a duel catch
No,, not even close

NFL should be ashamed :bs: