SR

Re: NFL

#2027 Post by SR » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:06 pm

Kajicat wrote:go hawks

He's made a lot of Denver fans.

kv

#2028 Post by kv » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:47 pm

ya thats prob very true...he always makes me laugh...but he went way over the line and was classless...he made it all about him...stfu and go play ball

SR

#2029 Post by SR » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:54 pm

We agree

clickie

#2030 Post by clickie » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Its such a tough call right now, I mean we all know the old saying.."defenses win championships".

creep
Site Admin

#2031 Post by creep » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:27 pm

go broncos :banghead:

blackula

#2032 Post by blackula » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:54 am

Glad I was wrong with both games. Go Broncos

Xizen47

#2033 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:52 am

kv wrote:but he went way over the line and was classless
I don't know about "Way" over the line... he had just made a game winning play and was still fired up, better than a standard boring post game interview.

Yes, it was classless, but 9er fans calling him classless is the pot calling the kettle black.

kv

#2034 Post by kv » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:16 am

you mean better then the standard professional athlete interviews where they don't make an ass out of themselves and detract from their team? 50+ people on his team and he makes it all about him...he has been playing ball most of his life he should know better...and i say this as someone who was happy to see them win as i like the idea of an old afc west super bowl

wally

#2035 Post by wally » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:03 am

whatever. dude made whats probably going to be the play of his career and he was pumped. coupled with Crabtree talking shit to him previously and all during the game, I'll give him a pass. Classless was Kaepernick mocking Cam Newton's touchdown celebration the week before in Carolina when he scored.

SR

#2036 Post by SR » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:12 am

Yeah, I liked Kap when he won the job. Now, I think he's a dick.

Xizen47

#2037 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 am

kv wrote:you mean better then the standard professional athlete interviews where they don't make an ass out of themselves and detract from their team?
yes,

people love that shit

kv

#2038 Post by kv » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:06 am

a small portion of people love that shit...thats why this is such a big story

creep
Site Admin

#2039 Post by creep » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:24 pm

it's all about sportsmanship. the game is over and you don't go up to the guy after that play and do what he did. classy is the 49ers congratulating the seahawks after the game and harbaugh coming out and talking right afterwards and giving credit to seattle.

Xizen47

#2040 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:13 pm

creep wrote:classy is the 49ers congratulating the seahawks after the game and harbaugh coming out and talking right afterwards and giving credit to seattle.
or Kapernick doing Newtons TD celebration in Carolina

or the 49er fan base putting the "Got Lombardis" billboard in Seattle

kv

#2041 Post by kv » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:18 pm

or seattle throwing stuff at navarro bowman as he is being taken off the field

it's all bad

creep
Site Admin

#2042 Post by creep » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Xizen47 wrote:
creep wrote:classy is the 49ers congratulating the seahawks after the game and harbaugh coming out and talking right afterwards and giving credit to seattle.
or Kapernick doing Newtons TD celebration in Carolina

or the 49er fan base putting the "Got Lombardis" billboard in Seattle
you are a raider fan right? you probably shouldn't talk about the 49er fan base considering...

the billboard is funny. any talk before the game or during is fine. when the game is over that is when it should stop. colin wasn't the first or the last to do the superman while playing the panthers.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2043 Post by Hokahey » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:55 pm

The NFL fan base is a pretty huge turn off. If I didn't love the game and tailgating so much...

clickie

#2044 Post by clickie » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:41 pm

wally wrote: Classless was Kaepernick mocking Cam Newton's touchdown celebration the week before in Carolina when he scored.
True that.

clickie

#2045 Post by clickie » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:51 pm

When its a show off move meant to rub it in your opponents face, like for instance every time Mutumbo waved his fingers after a block, then its ok to mock him. But Cam doing his superman routine is purely a celebration.

Kajicat

#2046 Post by Kajicat » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:16 am

kv wrote:or seattle throwing stuff at navarro bowman as he is being taken off the field

it's all bad
I hate when people act like all of Seattle's fanbase is responsible for this. ONE PERSON threw popcorn on him. That does not represent the entire Seattle fanbase. Every team has bad apples in their fanbase. This could have happened anywhere.

For the record, I LOVE Sherman's fiery emotion. Most post-game interviews are cliche generic shit that the athlete feels compelled to say because it's what the NFL wants. "I'd like to thank God, my teammates, we made adjustments, came through with big plays and big moments..." just the most boring shit ever. I'd much rather see a player say what they actually feel (as Jane's fans, I'd think y'all would agree). Much more entertaining and real. Plus, Seattle sports finally has an fiery identity we've been lacking for so many years: a crushing, scary NFL defense. We haven't had a trash talker like this since Gary Payton. Love it. It also just makes the rivalry that much better. Hawks vs. 49ers = best rivalry in the league. It's first and foremost entertainment anyways, and it's doing just that.

Let Wilson give the God-thanking, teammate praising speeches. Wanna' make the choice to do an interview with Sherman right after the biggest play of his career when he's absolutely jacked? Then get ready. Notice how calm and collected he is in other interviews.

The racism that has come out of all of this is disgusting, as well.

Sherman got fined for giving the choke signal at the end of the game (Taunting). But will this 49er get fined?

Now THAT is something to get fined over. Much worse than someone running their mouth because they were amped up over making a huge play that put their team into the Super Bowl.

clickie

#2047 Post by clickie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:58 am

Sherman knew what he did and said were out of line and thats why he spent the next day apologising. Hell of a player though.. As someone like me who's rooting for the Broncos I'm glad to see the attention shifted away from what would have been 2 weeks focused on and questioning whether or not Peyton will choke again on the biggest stage. Now the thing i'm mostly concerned about is the broncos stacking up to the physical intensity of the seahawks.

clickie

#2048 Post by clickie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:57 am

Whats the big deal about that play kajicat? did that guy on the sideline trip him?

cricket_bows

#2049 Post by cricket_bows » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:48 am

Kajicat wrote:
kv wrote:or seattle throwing stuff at navarro bowman as he is being taken off the field

it's all bad
I hate when people act like all of Seattle's fanbase is responsible for this. ONE PERSON threw popcorn on him. That does not represent the entire Seattle fanbase. Every team has bad apples in their fanbase. This could have happened anywhere.

For the record, I LOVE Sherman's fiery emotion. Most post-game interviews are cliche generic shit that the athlete feels compelled to say because it's what the NFL wants. "I'd like to thank God, my teammates, we made adjustments, came through with big plays and big moments..." just the most boring shit ever. I'd much rather see a player say what they actually feel (as Jane's fans, I'd think y'all would agree). Much more entertaining and real. Plus, Seattle sports finally has an fiery identity we've been lacking for so many years: a crushing, scary NFL defense. We haven't had a trash talker like this since Gary Payton. Love it. It also just makes the rivalry that much better. Hawks vs. 49ers = best rivalry in the league. It's first and foremost entertainment anyways, and it's doing just that.

Let Wilson give the God-thanking, teammate praising speeches. Wanna' make the choice to do an interview with Sherman right after the biggest play of his career when he's absolutely jacked? Then get ready. Notice how calm and collected he is in other interviews.

The racism that has come out of all of this is disgusting, as well.

Sherman got fined for giving the choke signal at the end of the game (Taunting). But will this 49er get fined?

Now THAT is something to get fined over. Much worse than someone running their mouth because they were amped up over making a huge play that put their team into the Super Bowl.
Absolutely specious arguments.

First, absolutely no one is saying ALL of Seattle's fan base is responsible for this; it's a false premise to make you sound persecuted. Hell, right in his post KV said, "it's ALL bad."

Secondly, you don't want all Seattle fans lumped in with the tool that threw the popcorn, yet you think (y')all Jane's fans would agree that we'd want "real" talk from athletes. No, no we don't. Have you ever thought that there's an area between the "generic cliche shit" and being a loudmouthed, brash clown lacking sportsmanship? I think so many people are turned off by his braggadocio is that there have been amazing plays throughout the history of sport, yet very few have acted with this much bombast. And while some people have used the racist card, the whole thug thing was started by Sherman himself in an ad that ran before the game for Beats. Move product, anyone?

When you live long enough, you learn that everything is on a pendulum swing: fashion, religion, behavior, etc. We're currently mired in a swill of "me, me, me", a lack of graciousness, class, personal responsibility and class. I prefer the person who does amazing things and lets their actions speak for themselves. Being a Colorado native and having experienced both Tebow's revival act and Manning's class and humility, I appreciate the later much more. And I know Peyton won't scream "I'm the best" when he hoists the Lombardi trophy on the 2nd.

Kajicat

#2050 Post by Kajicat » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:13 pm

^ Even though I used his quote box, I wasn't speaking directly to KV. I was merely talking about the popcorn-throwing incident pic he posted, in general. Sorry for any confusion. But yes, I've read enough around the internet on other message boards and comments on news stories to know that for the last couple of seasons people think our defense is a bunch of "cheating thugs" and the 12th man are a bunch of assholes. There's a Packers fan and a 49ers fan in my office, and they say the same. Just going off of what I've experienced the last two seasons on the internet and in real life. It's another case of everyone thinking their team is the golden rule. I have a friend who played football for UW and he says the Duck fans were absolutely the worst fans who throw crap at them and shout terrible things, but my wife's family is from Eugene and they claim the Husky fans are the ones who do that and UO fans are all nice folk.

1) Yeah, I'd assume that old Jane's fans would probably prefer straight shooters rather than God-loving manufactured cliche post-game talk. Just an assumption, but I don't think it's a completely unrealistic one.

2) I've seen enough sportsmanship in professional sports for the majority of my life. It's nice to have a trash talker actually be on MY favorite team for once. Haven't had a guy like this in Seattle since Gary Payton, and it's refreshing and gives us a fire and identity that has been sorely missed. Do you know how hard it has been for the last decade to get sports media to even talk about the Seahawks even when we're doing well? Finally this season Sportscenter shows our full highlights... it used to be that if we beat a team like New England by 28 points they'd just show Brady highlights even though the Hawks squashed the Pats. The Hawks could have a bunch of TD's but all they would show is one and then show Brady highlights and talk about his numbers. Seriously. That's how it's been for awhile now, pretty much up until this year. Finally.

3) Richard Sherman's Beats by Dre ad was fueled by and and directed towards the people who claim him and the Seattle D are cheating thugs. They didn't just make that up outta' thin air.

4) "When you live long enough" yada yada yada you're obviously a Broncos fan and hate the Seahawks more than you already did since we're facing you in the Super Bowl. I get it. My favorite player of all time is Joe Montana (yep, a 49er) and he was always a class act. Don't preach to me about the difference. I'm happy Sherman said what he said. He's got that fire and he's showing it - and backing it up on the field, and it's refreshing as fuck to me.