Don't over do it tonight hoka with the celebration

Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: NFL

#3327 Post by Hokahey » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:41 pm

clickie wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:32 am
Don't over do it tonight hoka with the celebration
We did it up. Even lit off fireworks. I was definitely in rough shape today.

Krink

#3328 Post by Krink » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:40 pm

kv wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:33 pm
grats kc..thanks refs for robbing us of the rightful last 90 seconds but oh well, too bad...leave the game down to a play and that's what can happen...

almost as bad as the phantom defensive holding penalty called on Luke Wilson of the Bengals last year - but at least it looked a little like holding this time

shady shit - that's why i dont bet

but im glad the Chiefs won

Hokahey
Site Admin

#3329 Post by Hokahey » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:25 pm

Krink wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:40 pm
kv wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:33 pm
grats kc..thanks refs for robbing us of the rightful last 90 seconds but oh well, too bad...leave the game down to a play and that's what can happen...

almost as bad as the phantom defensive holding penalty called on Luke Wilson of the Bengals last year - but at least it looked a little like holding this time

shady shit - that's why i dont bet

but im glad the Chiefs won

mockbee

#3330 Post by mockbee » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:58 pm

Funny how they have to pause the play to even see the hold, the only defensive holding call in the game, and that prevented the receiver from catching the ball 10 yards past him?

:noclue:

Not that I care at all.... :lol:

kv

#3331 Post by kv » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:39 am

that's all fine and good, now explain why the ref didn't throw the flag at the time of the hold? :bored:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#3332 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:51 am

kv wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:39 am
that's all fine and good, now explain why the ref didn't throw the flag at the time of the hold? :bored:
You’re right, it was three plays later. :blah:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#3333 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:54 am

mockbee wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:58 pm

Funny how they have to pause the play to even see the hold, the only defensive holding call in the game, and that prevented the receiver from catching the ball 10 yards past him?

Not that I care at all.... :lol:
You’re a ref, you see the jersey grab, and you reach for your flag and throw it once the ball is thrown in the direction of the receiver. This is text book.

People confused about this are the same types marveling at McKinnon stopping at the 1 yard line instead of scoring. It’s exactly what should happen.

mockbee

#3334 Post by mockbee » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:01 pm

Sure it's a hold, just like holds that get called and uncalled all game long. Just surprised that the ref waited, then thought it impacted the outcome of the play. Would you say that a flag should have been thrown, even if the ball wasn't thrown in his direction? If yes, why wait? If no, then the hold must have impeded the intended receiver from catching the ball? Isn't that pass interference?
Again, ref has grounds to make the call, just don't know why he would in this case. :tiphat:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#3335 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:00 pm

mockbee wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:01 pm
Sure it's a hold, just like holds that get called and uncalled all game long. Just surprised that the ref waited, then thought it impacted the outcome of the play. Would you say that a flag should have been thrown, even if the ball wasn't thrown in his direction? If yes, why wait? If no, then the hold must have impeded the intended receiver from catching the ball? Isn't that pass interference?
Again, ref has grounds to make the call, just don't know why he would in this case. :tiphat:
That’s rarely how it works. The ref sees it, reaches for the flag and then throws it after Pat attempts the throw to that receiver. He eats that flag otherwise. You see it all the time. Especially in big games. Holding isn’t often called away from the play unless it’s egregious. And it’s not DPI because it happened before the ball was thrown.

I am rarely a homer when it comes to stuff like this. I enjoy the sport more by being honest with myself about whether something is a legitimate foul or not. There’s nothing worse than that fan that won’t shut the fuck up about every call not in their favor. As if the whole league is rigged against their team, every game.

That said, I wouldn’t have extremely upset had it not been called. But it’s definitely a hold. And that’s the bottom line. The refs should never be thinking about the gravity of a flag. It should be as robotic as possible. And there are penalties missed every game. So crying about it not being called earlier is nonsense. That happens every game.

If your ability to win a game is impacted by one flag, you fucked up. Unless it’s a BS flag. Which the picture I posted alone proves it wasn’t. You grab a fistful of jersey and you’re gambling hard. Even the defender admits that.

kv

#3336 Post by kv » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:46 am

the flag should have been thrown when the hold happened...wtf are you talking about hoka? "ok hold, I'll remember that for later" gtfo you won the ring...just admit the ref sucked on that play not hard...

Hokahey
Site Admin

#3337 Post by Hokahey » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:42 pm

kv wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:46 am
the flag should have been thrown when the hold happened...wtf are you talking about hoka? "ok hold, I'll remember that for later" gtfo you won the ring...just admit the ref sucked on that play not hard...
You act like the flag was thrown an hour later. This is the only place I’ve read anyone complain about when the flag was thrown versus the fact that it was thrown at all. It’s very normal.

Bottom line, it was a hold. The end.

kv

#3338 Post by kv » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:51 pm

:bs:

mockbee

#3339 Post by mockbee » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:40 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:42 pm
kv wrote:
You act like the flag was thrown an hour later. This is the only place I’ve read anyone complain about when the flag was thrown versus the fact that it was thrown at all. It’s very normal.
Using your logic and previous statements, the reason the ref waited was to see if the hold impacted the play, ball overthrown, and as you said hold didn't impact the play.
No harm, no foul, why throw it and end the game on a call?
Okay, but same could be said for all the holds not called.
It's the same logic.

You're acting like there is no nuance and the refs are robots. All I'm saying is wouldn't you want a game that doesnt end on a call if the call could go either way?
It was just a goof, ref is human.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#3340 Post by Hokahey » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:08 pm

mockbee wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:40 pm
Hokahey wrote:
kv wrote:
Using your logic and previous statements, the reason the ref waited was to see if the hold impacted the play, ball overthrown, and as you said hold didn't impact the play.
It's the same logic.

You're acting like there is no nuance and the refs are robots. All I'm saying is wouldn't you want a game that doesnt end on a call if the call could go either way?
They don’t tend to concern themselves with the ball being overthrown unless it’s egregious, and only on DPI. You’re not following.

And I don’t care the method for how the game ends. As long as it’s a legitimate call. And it was. Also, the Eagles did get the ball back. And for some reason Hurts threw a lame duck. They should have been immediately lateraling that.

The Eagles themselves are complaining less than people in the thread. They understand that the game is won or lost over the other 59 1/2 minutes. They’ve acknowledged it was a hold. If the professionals that were impacted are able to concede what happened, then the fans should be able to as well.

mockbee

#3341 Post by mockbee » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:28 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:08 pm
mockbee wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:40 pm
Hokahey wrote:
kv wrote:
It's the same logic.

They don’t tend to concern themselves with the ball being overthrown unless it’s egregious, and only on DPI. You’re not following.
You're the one who said the pass initiated the flag on the hold they weren't going to call otherwise. :noclue:

But, yea, whatever hurts pass sucked. game over :tiphat:

clickie

#3342 Post by clickie » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:40 am

Tyreek Hill and Falcons RB Bijan Robinson gave their list of top 5 running back of all time

Tyreek:
Adrian Peterson
Derrick Henry
Barry Sanders
Gale Sayers
Eric Dickerson

Bijan:
Barry Sanders
LaDainian Tomlinson
Marshall Faulk
Adrian Peterson
Walter Payton

Here's mine
Walter Payton
Jim Brown
Gale Sayers
OJ
Earl Campbell

I win that one

SR

#3343 Post by SR » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:37 pm

Barry was the most gifted rb I have ever seen. Flawless intuition that translated instantaneously to action on the field. No top list can exclude him.

clickie

#3344 Post by clickie » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:18 pm

He retired so young 31.

SR

#3345 Post by SR » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:02 am

Tru dat...one more than Brown, three more than Sayers

kv

#3346 Post by kv » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:29 pm

5 is so hard now...when I was younger it was easy

brown
sayers
oj
Payton
sanders

now time has added bo, marcus, ad, lt and faulk

then the undeniable bruisers...like earl, henry, bettis

all that and I haven't mentioned smith, tony or Dickerson! (most hated was Eric...I was sooo bummed when the LA Rams got him it was the beginning of the end for me as a Rams fan...Vince farragamo and dick :jasper:

fuck tens impossible now...try doing 20...then you get to csonka, motley, fuck cutis martin? ed James? so hard now...best with my eyes in my life? Bo and Barry....best ever? Jim....my all-time favs in order? Gale, Marcus, LT...

Juana

#3347 Post by Juana » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:09 am

Atlas was my favorite running back of all time but really the worlds game is futbal not futbal americane

clickie

#3348 Post by clickie » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:20 pm

If we're talking potential like Bo Jackson then I have to include Ricky Williams

clickie

#3349 Post by clickie » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:42 pm

Bo Jackson had some kind of super strength, I mean to crack a baseball bat on your head

clickie

#3350 Post by clickie » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:36 pm

The Bears finally won a home game after over a year :cheers: . I know it's only one game with Tyson Bagent starting at QB, but this guy knows how to play the position, he looks like what used to be called a field general with his demeanor and quick decision making, only running when he has to. Yesterday the Bears looked like they had an O line, running game, tight ends, everything we were told we didn't have. All because of 1 reason, a different QB...the team has a pulse now. They play the Chargers next Sunday night. Now that's a team that has some quit in 'em, with a head coach who could be walking the green mile.