NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
kv

Re: NFL

#2581 Post by kv » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:20 pm

Why? They've been trying to get a stadium deal for 17 years...City shows zero sign of them ever getting one...Even after they gave the Padres a new stadium...It's the second oldest non upgraded stadium in the NFL (behind only Oakland who left in the 80's)..No suites, lost their LA TV market to the Rams...Their hands were tied...Hell the stadium vote that wouldn't take a single San Diego persons tax dollar lost by a landslide

San Diego is full of shitty, fickle, fair weather fans...My FIRST year as a season ticket holder I got tickets row 14 off the field at the 30 yard line on an aisle!...My pick of the entire stadium..Sure no prob... No waiting list...nothing..."sure, sit where ever you want" every single big game the season ticket holders around me..95% of them would sell their tickets..Fuck em...Drive to LA if you are die hard, I drove to SD from here for 15 years

If you care about the chargers at all this is the best thing for them...They don't have to self fund a stadium... They'll have suites for Corp tickets and will be on TV far more often..Even if the place is half full they'll be far better off.. :wiggle:

SR

#2582 Post by SR » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:28 pm

LA doesn't share your optimism. :bored:

kv

#2583 Post by kv » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:34 pm

A third of their season ticket holders are from LA

SR

#2584 Post by SR » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Of which, by your account, 95% sell them. Their attendance was dead last in the NFL last year (in the 8th largest market). This is going to flop. The only winner is Spanos by increasing his teams worth by being in LA. LA doesn't want them, at all.

Artemis

#2585 Post by Artemis » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm surprised that there will be 2 NFL teams in LA now. Aren't there already 2 or 3 other NFL teams in the state already? I know the population of California is large, but to support so many NFL teams?? Guess football is super popular there. :noclue:

SR

#2586 Post by SR » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:18 pm

3 in Cali before the bolts decided to come in, but just one in LA....The Rams. SC is sometimes referred to as a pro team as many of it's fans have no connection to the uni except through the football team.

Off the top of my mind and including the OC which though there, the Angels 'claim' LA, here is a partial menu of available sporting events in LA.

Galaxy
Kings
Ducks
SC Trojans (FB and BBall)
UCLA (FB and Bball)
Lakers
Clippers
Rams
Angels
Dodgers
LA Sparks
LA FC

creep
Site Admin

#2587 Post by creep » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Artemis wrote:I'm surprised that there will be 2 NFL teams in LA now. Aren't there already 2 or 3 other NFL teams in the state already? I know the population of California is large, but to support so many NFL teams?? Guess football is super popular there. :noclue:
4 ca nfl teams

two north and two south

the raiders will most likely leave the state though

if southern california football fans weren't such horrible fans they could easily support two teams. northern california does.

SR

#2588 Post by SR » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:28 pm

There are, by far, more Raider fans in socal than Bolt fans......49's probably as well.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2589 Post by Hokahey » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:40 pm

This is going to flop even worse than the Rams homecoming.

kv

#2590 Post by kv » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:35 pm

By 2018 LA will have two teams for every major sport

kv

#2591 Post by kv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:55 am

It won't flop in the long run... It's a business...Even if I was the lone fan...They will sell tickets for the road teams, corps will buy suites and LA and OC bolts fans will go.and in 20 years will have new generations of fans like the clippers do now..And the clips are the 5th most expensive franchise in the NBA now...everyone said the exact same shit when they came...And they never won a fucking thing ever...plus the clips have to compete with the 16x champ lakers...while he bolts will compete vs the rams...Hell raider game alone is an instant sellout...What billionaire wouldn't want an LA NFL team of their own?

Their hands were tied...For almost 20 fucking years...They won't be worst off here by a long shot...TV money alone makes them better off... They'll win people over slowly and make money hand over fist

kv

#2592 Post by kv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:11 am

SR wrote:Of which, by your account, 95% sell them. Their attendance was dead last in the NFL last year (in the 8th largest market). This is going to flop. The only winner is Spanos by increasing his teams worth by being in LA. LA doesn't want them, at all.
Yep the people by me resold their tickets for big ticket games a lot...But they bought them first...Their attendance is shit..SD is fickle when the bolts suck like they do now...And everyone knew they were leaving..plus it's one of the shittyest pro stadiums the NFL doesn't even want to hold Superbowl there anymore because it's a dump..hell everyone thought they were leaving last year...How is it a flop if his business becomes worth more and makes more? Use your head :noclue:

kv

#2593 Post by kv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:12 am

Hokahey wrote:This is going to flop even worse than the Rams homecoming.
What rams homecoming? The one you said would never fucking happen? Gtfo

wally

#2594 Post by wally » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:58 am

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:I'm surprised that there will be 2 NFL teams in LA now. Aren't there already 2 or 3 other NFL teams in the state already? I know the population of California is large, but to support so many NFL teams?? Guess football is super popular there. :noclue:
4 ca nfl teams

two north and two south

if southern california football fans weren't such horrible fans they could easily support two teams. northern california does.
not really.
its not about being shitty fans, its about not wanting to give hundreds of millions of dollars to shitty owners.
same reason san francisco now plays 60 miles from san francisco and the same reason the raiders are moving to vegas.

SR

#2595 Post by SR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:03 am

wally wrote:
creep wrote:
4 ca nfl teams

two north and two south

not really.
its not about being shitty fans, its about not wanting to give hundreds of millions of dollars to shitty owners.
same reason san francisco now plays 60 miles from san francisco and the same reason the raiders are moving to vegas.
Ectly. West coast cities aren't going to participate in co welfare.

SR

#2596 Post by SR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:05 am

kv wrote:
SR wrote:Of which, by your account, 95% sell them. Their attendance was dead last in the NFL last year (in the 8th largest market). This is going to flop. The only winner is Spanos by increasing his teams worth by being in LA. LA doesn't want them, at all.
Yep the people by me resold their tickets for big ticket games a lot...But they bought them first...Their attendance is shit..SD is fickle when the bolts suck like they do now...And everyone knew they were leaving..plus it's one of the shittyest pro stadiums the NFL doesn't even want to hold Superbowl there anymore because it's a dump..hell everyone thought they were leaving last year...How is it a flop if his business becomes worth more and makes more? Use your head :noclue:
It's a flop with no fan concern for the team, except disdain and disillusionment. It's not a flop for Spanos, on paper, but in every other regard it is and will continue to be a flop. Time will tell.

An your mention of the clips as an example is far more apples to apples when Ferry was drafted in the late 80's. They had decent teams but competed with the Lakers who absolutely crushed them. LA is a bball city....when the recent Fake dumpster fire erupted and the Clips got good, they gained credible traction.

Bolts have to compete not just against the Rams (use your head :noclue: ), but also the Trojans, Lakers, Clips, and every diehard Raider fan who would gladly stick a shiv in their division rival. It's going to flop.

kv

#2597 Post by kv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:14 am

They'll be less of a flop here...Progress!

People talk like the teams add nothing...A super bowl in Cali is a half a billion dollar gain for the area...Oak and San Diego were never gonna get another...San Fran did when they ditched their dump. Never gonna go see your pats here SR? And stop saying no fan concern...I've said it already a third of their fans drive from LA and OC...I have a bunch of friends who are life long bolts fans way before I was...On game days I'd see tons of cars and trucks with chargers emblems and flags driving down there with me...Many who drive much further then I did...The guy next to me drove a motorhome from Vegas for 20 years...People love ball and that stadium is gonna be fucking rad.

kv

#2598 Post by kv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:27 am

Btw the Lakers and kings have long since been sold out for season tickets with long waits Lakers is like 8 years

kv

#2599 Post by kv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:32 am

SR wrote:There are, by far, more Raider fans in socal than Bolt fans......49's probably as well.
You mean teams with Superbowl wins have more fans...shocker

SR

#2600 Post by SR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:41 am

kv wrote:They'll be less of a flop here...Progress!

People talk like the teams add nothing...A super bowl in Cali is a half a billion dollar gain for the area...Oak and San Diego were never gonna get another...San Fran did when they ditched their dump. Never gonna go see your pats here SR? And stop saying no fan concern...I've said it already a third of their fans drive from LA and OC...I have a bunch of friends who are life long bolts fans way before I was...On game days I'd see tons of cars and trucks with chargers emblems and flags driving down there with me...Many who drive much further then I did...The guy next to me drove a motorhome from Vegas for 20 years...People love ball and that stadium is gonna be fucking rad.
You're universalizing on an incredibly small sample that you have witnessed. :balls: There is no telling right now if you're right or wrong; time will tell. I don't see it and as pragmatics go, I am all for massive success in the new stadium. It will help (along with Google and Playa Vista in general) to skyrocket my property value. :boobs:

As for now, we'll have to gauge their popularity by how they sell at StubHub "Field" (capacity: 28,000) :lol:

SR

#2601 Post by SR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:42 am

kv wrote:
SR wrote:There are, by far, more Raider fans in socal than Bolt fans......49's probably as well.
You mean teams with Superbowl wins have more fans...shocker
C'mon man....now you're just pretending not to get it. There are fuckloads of Raider fans here in LA

kv

#2602 Post by kv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Ya because they moved here and won a super bowl...It will be a successful endeavour....You simply don't seem to understand how bad they had it in San Diego..It doesn't even need to get any better fan wise to be a much better situation...Have you been to a game in SD?

kv

#2603 Post by kv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:18 pm

You are simply denying facts...A third of their fan base lives here...That was with a four hour game day drive...You mock where they are playing...It's their lone option...And temporary

They will make more money on naming rights and TV alone. That is not up for discussion those are cold facts....You know who saw most San Diego games on TV last year? San Diego county alone...Before the rams came they had all of so cal

SR

#2604 Post by SR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:31 pm

kv wrote:Ya because they moved here and won a super bowl...It will be a successful endeavour....You simply don't seem to understand how bad they had it in San Diego..It doesn't even need to get any better fan wise to be a much better situation...Have you been to a game in SD?
That SB win was almost 40 years ago. Those fans are dead. Again, c'mon man. Their base in LA is solid due to a number of reasons. Who cares? They're here and here to stay. They hate the bolts

And I do understand. The fans are fickle and I have been to JM....in the middle of no where and a concrete jungle. So what? Even if 1/3 of their fans are here, that doesn't say they are rabid, engaged and willing to support them here.....especially as they suck. LA has more distractions than SD does, including the beach.

SR

#2605 Post by SR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:33 pm

kv wrote:You are simply denying facts...A third of their fan base lives here...That was with a four hour game day drive...You mock where they are playing...It's their lone option...And temporary

They will make more money on naming rights and TV alone. That is not up for discussion those are cold facts....You know who saw most San Diego games on TV last year? San Diego county alone...Before the rams came they had all of so cal
You keep saying this....I GET it. Spanos isn't a developer and he's not particularly good at developing the fortune his daddy gave him. The Bolts are his wealth. He's cash poor and paper rich; he's increasing that value. Good on him. LA doesn't give a fuck about him or the Bolts.