NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Juana

Re: NFL

#41 Post by Juana » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:47 pm

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011 ... most-done/

Lets see how this pick pans out but he's a pretty big guy so he could eventually turn into a Jwall type DT

kv

#42 Post by kv » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:11 pm

thats the last big thing we needed to do..i don't think he is the jwill type at all i think they will move him all over based on d inside and out..jwill was just a cork

Juana

#43 Post by Juana » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:13 pm

I was just saying he's big enough and from footage I have seen strong enough. I think he could be pretty dominant on the D-line if he works at it

kv

#44 Post by kv » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:14 pm

ya i loved the pick...and miss jwill a ton he was one of my favs for along time if this kid is 3/4 of what jwill was we scored

Juana

#45 Post by Juana » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:17 pm

It hurts more that he went to Denver but I guess AJ had a plan. Still I miss seeing the big man just occupying space and freeing up the LBers to do their thing. I'm wondering how the D will be this season without Ron RIvera as the D-coordinator

kv

#46 Post by kv » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:45 pm

well we couldn't stop the middle run to save our lives so i welcome any change

Juana

#47 Post by Juana » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:01 pm

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011 ... tart-2011/

Interested to see how well he plays if he can come back from the injury. He was pretty good at UW I remember from seeing him play against SC

Hokahey
Site Admin

#48 Post by Hokahey » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Rams looked very sharp tonight for a preseason game. I can't help but think the combination of Spag's D, McDaniel's O, Bradford, Jackson, Long, Lauranitis and on and on are going to surprise a lot of people. In fact, I think they could make a strong push in to the playoffs.

Juana

#49 Post by Juana » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:14 pm

I think they will take their division depending on how Jim gets the 9ers to respond but I believe they're a year or two away from a surprising playoff run. They do need to use SJax while they have him though and keep him fresh for the playoffs as no one in the league runs angrier than he does.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#50 Post by Hokahey » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:11 am

Juana wrote:I think they will take their division depending on how Jim gets the 9ers to respond but I believe they're a year or two away from a surprising playoff run. They do need to use SJax while they have him though and keep him fresh for the playoffs as no one in the league runs angrier than he does.
Did you see any of the game? Cadillac looked like his '05 self against the Colts #1 D. Jackson will be fresher than ever finally having a legit backup. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a career year. II would have said they were a year or two off as well prior to the FA signings. They filled every hole. Not a lot of big names, but a lot of solid starters. For the first time in a good 6-7 years the Rams have depth.

The 9ers don't have a QB. They'll be the worst team in the division. The Seahawks could be an annoyance, but it's the Cardinals that know how to win when they have a decent QB. If Kolb comes through it'll be Rams and Cards battling for the division.

Juana

#51 Post by Juana » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:50 pm

I saw the defense was playing a lot of bump and run / man coverage which seems to suit their people better which will allow for Long and co to get after the QB. I also saw that Bradford looked really sharp for while he was out there.

As for the 9ers Kapernick or whatever will be their QB and if that is the case they will win games because he is like a poor mans Vick with what he can do with his legs. The worst team in the division is the Seahawks because they have Jackson as the QB. The only reason I'm not counting the 9ers out is because out of all the coaches in the division no one understands QB better than Jim. BUT if he was smart he'd go with Smith and draft Luck. :aoa:

Shawne Merriman looks like his old beast self again its a shame now that he's healthy and motivated and actually fighting thru blocks he's on the Bills and not the Bolts.

MYXYLPLYX

#52 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Juana wrote:

As for the 9ers Kapernick or whatever will be their QB and if that is the case they will win games because he is like a poor mans Vick with what he can do with his legs. The worst team in the division is the Seahawks because they have Jackson as the QB. The only reason I'm not counting the 9ers out is because out of all the coaches in the division no one understands QB better than Jim. BUT if he was smart he'd go with Smith and draft Luck. :aoa:
The '9ers are a total mystery this season. I'm not sure if their front office even expects them to be very good, but everyone is just hoping they aren't terrible. :noclue:

The QB situation is tough to call, and everyone around here is screaming for them to sign an experienced QB to compete with Smith so that it doesn't come down to Kaepernick or Smith. The kid is really raw, and as bad as their offensive line looks it may not really matter who is back there, but they'd kinda rather not have the kid's career ended before he ever has a chance to develop. :no:

Anyone catch the Saints - 49ers scrimmage? Folks are speculating wildly about the Saints decision to blitz early and often in a preseason game. Not sure if it was meant as disrespect, or simply taking advantage of what they saw during the game.

Some are calling it a blessing in disguise as a motivator for a team that needs to get their shit together...

Juana

#53 Post by Juana » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Well just mail it in and draft Luck is what they should do then

Hokahey
Site Admin

#54 Post by Hokahey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:16 am

MYXYLPLYX wrote:The QB situation is tough to call, and everyone around here is screaming for them to sign an experienced QB to compete with Smith so that it doesn't come down to Kaepernick or Smith.
9ers are bringing in Culpepper. :lolol:

MYXYLPLYX

#55 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:39 am

hokahey wrote:
MYXYLPLYX wrote:The QB situation is tough to call, and everyone around here is screaming for them to sign an experienced QB to compete with Smith so that it doesn't come down to Kaepernick or Smith.
Did they actually sign him? :confused:

I just read they'd brought him in for a tryout ...

That O-line will get that old man killed. :scared:

cashinnowperry

#56 Post by cashinnowperry » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:50 am

MYXYLPLYX wrote:
hokahey wrote:

Man. That guy used to be my favorite player, back in 2000. I just read an article about how much the Niners o-line sucks, this might not end well...

Hokahey
Site Admin

#57 Post by Hokahey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:16 am

MYXYLPLYX wrote:
hokahey wrote:

No signing yet.

Juana

#58 Post by Juana » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:06 am

Well it looks like its the Rams division to lose now provided Bradford improves on last year's performance

kv

#59 Post by kv » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:42 pm

culpepper had the second highest qb rating for career in nfl history before he blew his knee...from what i hear it's just a vet backup signing.. experienced mentor sucks being a vikes fan i love the guy he could have been an all time great 20k yards in first 5 years starting...sucks

creep
Site Admin

#60 Post by creep » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:09 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote:
hokahey wrote:

yeah but the saints blitzed every fucking play. you don't do that the first preseason game. smith will be fine.

Juana

#61 Post by Juana » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Well that and Greg Williams is a jackass like that, should have had Patrick Willis "accidentally" run into him in a very violent manner.

Juana

#62 Post by Juana » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:53 am

Mathews and the O-line looked good tonight. Rivers is pretty much locked in and comfortable in the series I have seen him play and the defense is getting after the QB again. Looks like there could be a good shot at not starting the season so badly this year.

Bad news though about M80 just seems like he can never got on track.

ellis

#63 Post by ellis » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:47 am

How 'bout dem Redskins, bitches? :thumb:

And did you guys hear about Tony Romo's bachelor party? Rented a cabin in the woods of WV and he and about 20 other dudes played hide-n-seek all night. No beer allowed.

Rock on, Tony. No one will ever suspect you're ghey.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#64 Post by Hokahey » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:59 am

ellis wrote: he and about 20 other dudes played hide-n-seek all night.
:rockon:
No beer allowed.
[/quote]

:laugh: :no: :confused:

kv

#65 Post by kv » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:22 pm

adraiders grab pryor...poor kid