NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Message
Author
User avatar
kv
Posts: 7424
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: NFL

#2881 Post by kv » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Like I always said...win and people will show...deep runs la will be a pro football town


As for hokas question...they lost the hoka curse! Anything is now possible!

creep
Site Admin
Posts: 9559
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: NFL

#2882 Post by creep » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:19 pm

It's been a good day.

49ers win

Kings get a good road win in Dallas

I logged in to a betting site that I haven't been to in over a year and I had $50 in it that is now $120 and will be $160 of the over hits (52) in the Rams game. :drink:

User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 3969
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: NFL

#2883 Post by Hokahey » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:38 pm

kv wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:09 pm
Like I always said...win and people will show...deep runs la will be a pro football town


As for hokas question...they lost the hoka curse! Anything is now possible!
Win and apparently your stadium is still 50% opposing team's fans.

Also, Rams look bad. Again. They got exposed last week. The blueprint is out there.

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7424
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: NFL

#2884 Post by kv » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:51 pm

So what if you are in the ticket selling business who cares?

Plus you have to win to see results the following year the tix were sold at the start of the season...my point is football will work just fine in la

creep
Site Admin
Posts: 9559
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: NFL

#2885 Post by creep » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:04 pm

yeah...it's worked out great in the past

7 more points please.

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7424
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: NFL

#2886 Post by kv » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Rams and raiders were never given a stadium :noclue:

User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 3969
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: NFL

#2887 Post by Hokahey » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:10 pm

kv wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:06 pm
Rams and raiders were never given a stadium :noclue:
I got news for you, more expensive tickets is not going to turn out more fans.

And what the fuck are the Chargers going to do? They can't survive in L.A. They can't fill a 25K stadium. How embarrassing will that look in a real stadium?

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7424
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: NFL

#2888 Post by kv » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:22 pm

Winning turns out fans...along with road teams in an area with 20+ million people :tiphat:

As for the bolts it will look just like they looked in San Diego :noclue:

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7424
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: NFL

#2889 Post by kv » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Can we get a web cam set up so I can watch hoka in picture in picture with the Rams coming back lol

User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 3969
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: NFL

#2890 Post by Hokahey » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:10 pm

:aoa: :banana: :bday:

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6781
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: NFL

#2891 Post by SR » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:20 am

It's official. I was rooting hard for the Steelers to win. As for the Rams, I have been a passive fan as I love what was done in terms of culture in just one year, but I was rooting for Foles. Love this guys story....and Long is one of my favorite people on the planet. :nod:

User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 3969
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: NFL

#2892 Post by Hokahey » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:49 am

SR wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:20 am
Long is one of my favorite people on the planet. :nod:
Same.

1. He was one of my favorite St. Louis Rams as a player.

2. He's extremely socially conscious.

3. I took my elderly father to a Rams training camp 4-5 years ago. After practice, Chris was one of the few players to walk over to the fans to start signing autographs. He was signing things quickly to try and get to everyone, but he stopped when he saw my father's Vietnam veteran hat. My father said "Chris, I'm a big fan.." To which Chris replied "No sir, I'm a big fan of yours," and then stopped and chatted with him for a bit.


Similarly, I met Chiefs defensive end Chris Jones at training camp this year. He was one of the few players that stopped to sign autographs. My 10 year old was holding his football up yelling "Chris! Please!" He noticed, looked down at him through the swarm of fans and said "I got you little man!" very emphatically and signed his ball. My son was over the moon. We both say "I got you little man" in response to things all the time now. Lol.

Needless to say, we are huge Chris Jones fans.

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7424
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: NFL

#2893 Post by kv » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:28 pm

SR wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:20 am
It's official. I was rooting hard for the Steelers to win. As for the Rams, I have been a passive fan as I love what was done in terms of culture in just one year, but I was rooting for Foles. Love this guys story....and Long is one of my favorite people on the planet. :nod:
:lolol: you were rooting against your own team dear gawd I knew you ebbed and flowed from team to team before but Jesus Christ...Rams fan and rooting against your pats :slap: you are officially as bandwagon as it gets..."Pats be slipping but love my Rams!" :jasper:

User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 3969
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: NFL

#2894 Post by Hokahey » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:56 pm

kv wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:28 pm
SR wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:20 am
It's official. I was rooting hard for the Steelers to win. As for the Rams, I have been a passive fan as I love what was done in terms of culture in just one year, but I was rooting for Foles. Love this guys story....and Long is one of my favorite people on the planet. :nod:
:lolol: you were rooting against your own team dear gawd I knew you ebbed and flowed from team to team before but Jesus Christ...Rams fan and rooting against your pats :slap: you are officially as bandwagon as it gets..."Pats be slipping but love my Rams!" :jasper:
You know, not everyone takes sports fandom super seriously. I do, but it's also in good fun. As a kid that grew up all over the US, and have seen teams come and go from various cities, I recognize that it's just logos and laundry. I pick a team and root hard for them because it's more fun that way. And I also really enjoy live sports so I always choose the teams closest to me.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6781
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: NFL

#2895 Post by SR » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:21 pm

kv wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:28 pm
SR wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:20 am
It's official. I was rooting hard for the Steelers to win. As for the Rams, I have been a passive fan as I love what was done in terms of culture in just one year, but I was rooting for Foles. Love this guys story....and Long is one of my favorite people on the planet. :nod:
:lolol: you were rooting against your own team dear gawd I knew you ebbed and flowed from team to team before but Jesus Christ...Rams fan and rooting against your pats :slap: you are officially as bandwagon as it gets..."Pats be slipping but love my Rams!" :jasper:
yay! Sheriff non sequitur is back with “I’ll decide who’s a worthy sports fan”! Up next, leading the chant for severely injured kids!

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6781
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: NFL

#2896 Post by SR » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:56 pm
kv wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:28 pm
SR wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:20 am
It's official. I was rooting hard for the Steelers to win. As for the Rams, I have been a passive fan as I love what was done in terms of culture in just one year, but I was rooting for Foles. Love this guys story....and Long is one of my favorite people on the planet. :nod:
:lolol: you were rooting against your own team dear gawd I knew you ebbed and flowed from team to team before but Jesus Christ...Rams fan and rooting against your pats :slap: you are officially as bandwagon as it gets..."Pats be slipping but love my Rams!" :jasper:
You know, not everyone takes sports fandom super seriously. I do, but it's also in good fun. As a kid that grew up all over the US, and have seen teams come and go from various cities, I recognize that it's just logos and laundry. I pick a team and root hard for them because it's more fun that way. And I also really enjoy live sports so I always choose the teams closest to me.
whaaa? Just wait till my Raptors kick your Royals ass by 3 touchdowns

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7424
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: NFL

#2897 Post by kv » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:25 pm

:lolol:

Just own being bandwagon :noclue:

I'm not saying don't be bandwagon...

It's all good, there are millions of other folks just like you guys :tiphat:

User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 3969
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: NFL

#2898 Post by Hokahey » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:04 pm

kv wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:25 pm
:lolol:

Just own being bandwagon :noclue:

I'm not saying don't be bandwagon...

It's all good, there are millions of other folks just like you guys :tiphat:
Guys? How am I a bandwagon fan? Because don't stick with teams that shit all over my city and move. Pfffff

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7424
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: NFL

#2899 Post by kv » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:25 pm

:lolol:

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6781
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: NFL

#2900 Post by SR » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:43 pm

I jumped from usc to UCLA when my kiddo went there. :rockon:

As for the nfl, no team I’m behind anymore. I like a lot of them, so whoever wins is cool by me. I just can’t get behind trumps buddies.

How’s the schizo fan thing going with sc/nd?

But cool, we’re back to some good shit talking without jumpin in the sandbox with foe bs. :lol:

Post Reply