The Dead Musicians thread

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction

Re: The Dead Musicians thread

Postby Bandit72 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Such a shame. Personally, I only really remember Motörhead with Phil and Mikkey, but gave total respect for the original line up. I also read that that Mikkey Dee is now playing permantly with the Scorpions...that’s some change in style!

We’re all getting older....
Bandit72

Postby chaos » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:45 am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/15/cranberries-singer-dolores-oriordan-dies-aged-46?CMP=share_btn_tw

Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies aged 46
Irish singer, whose band has sold more than 40m records, died suddenly in London, her publicist says

Guardian staff
Mon 15 Jan 2018 12.20 EST Last modified on Mon 15 Jan 2018 12.22 EST

The Cranberries singer Dolores O’Riordan has died in London at the age of 46, her publicist has confirmed.

A statement from her publicist said: “Irish and international singer Dolores O’Riordan has died suddenly in London today. She was 46 years old.

“The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries was in London for a short recording session. No further details are available at this time.

“Family members are devastated to hear the breaking news and have requested privacy at this very difficult time.”

The Cranberries sold more than 40m records over their career. Their most popular hits included Zombie and Linger.

More details soon...

chaos

Postby crater » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:18 am

I think I'm the only here who likes them

Babymetal touring guitarist Mikio ‘Ko-Gami’ Fujioka has died at age 36.

Mikio Fujioka, the Japanese musician best known as the resident guitar virtuoso in Babymetal's Kami Band, has died. He was 36. According to a statement from Fujioka's wife posted on the late musician's Twitter account, the guitarist died on January 5th while recovering from injuries he sustained in a fall from an observation deck — where he'd been stargazing — on December 30th.

Babymetal confirmed his passing in a Twitter post today, January 9th. "The 'Little' Guitar Kami of Babymetal's Kami Band has passed away in the metal galaxies," the pop-metal group wrote. "We hope that he is now with his guitar master Allan Holdsworth and enjoying an epic guitar session with him."

Born in 1981, in Hyogo, Japan, Mikio began his career in music as a guitarist and songwriter for Young Guitar magazine in the Aughts, penning and recording songs to help his fellow axemen perfect their craft. In 2013, he enlisted as a member of Babymetal's Kami Band, where he became known as Ko-Gami, which translates to "The Small God" in Japanese (a playful nod to Mikio's 5'2" height). In addition to performing with Babymetal, Fujioka lectured at a Japanese music college and authored several guitar textbooks.
crater

Postby Artemis » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:11 pm

Another shit week in the music world.. :nyrexall:

RIP..

Jeremy Inkel 34, - Frontline Assenbly
Hugh Masekela 78, jazz musician, trumpeter, singer,
Mark E. Smith 60, The Fall
Mark Holland 69, former drummer of Judas Priest
Fredo Santana, 27- rapper
Artemis

Craig MacGregor