Kanye West claims to be $53m in debt...

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
perkana

Kanye West claims to be $53m in debt...

#1 Post by perkana » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:03 am

...and asks Mark Zuckerberg for help.
Talking about attention whores...
He [Kanye] continued with a bizarre series of Tweets through Sunday night and Monday morning: “Mark Zuckerberg I know it’s your bday but can you please call me by 2mrw … You love hip hop, you love my art… I am your favorite artist but you watch me barely breathe and still play my album in your house … World, please tweet, FaceTime, Facebook, instagram, whatever you gotta do to get Mark to support me … I’m this generation’s Disney … I want to bring dope shit to the world … I don’t have enough resources to create what I really can.”
“All you dudes in San Fran play rap music in your homes but never help the real artists.” He added that they were more interested in opening schools in Africa. “like you really helped the country”, than – by implication – giving money to the one of the world’s most high-profile celebrities. “All you guys had meetings with me and no one lifted a finger to help,” he concluded.
Poor Kanye...
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/f ... in-shkreli

farrellgirl99

Re: Kanye West claims to be $53m in debt...

#2 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:06 am

I never liked Kanye but I used to be able to tolerate him. The past month or so he has just been so annoying. I cannot stand him anymore. I don't know how to articulate it in an intellectual way, he is just a grating hot mess. He definitely got worse after he got involved with the Kardashians.

perkana

#3 Post by perkana » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:08 am

Yup, totally...
Rhymefest, who’s real name is Che Smith, replied to a comment that he should be writing West’s Twitter posts as well as his song, saying, “my brother needs help, in the form of counseling. Spiritual & mental. He should step away from the public & yesmen & heal.”
https://www.yahoo.com/music/kanye-west- ... 00657.html

Angry Canine

#4 Post by Angry Canine » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:57 pm

...but he's always seemed like the sort of person that would be good with his money. :lolol:

creep
Site Admin

#5 Post by creep » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:07 pm

he is so hateable. i really hope he is broke. i would laugh my ass off.

Artemis

#6 Post by Artemis » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:52 pm

I'm sure Kanye could pick up a few shifts at one of the Burger King franchises he bought for Kim's wedding present. :lol:

Romeo

#7 Post by Romeo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:49 am

I don't think I have ever seen a bigger asshat in my life

Mescal

#8 Post by Mescal » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:21 am

Romeo wrote:I don't think I have ever seen a bigger asshat in my life
Really?

Romeo

#9 Post by Romeo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:33 am

he's even a bigger asshat than Trump. And I'll tell you why.....

Kanye actually believes the shit he says for attention.
Trump says what he does (whether he believes it or not) to get a rise out of people and to get attention.

Both are megalomaniacs

blackula

#10 Post by blackula » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:31 pm

I don't know how to share it, but the NY Post has audio of Kanye ranting back stage at Saturday Night Live. He says he's 50% more influential than Kubrick, Picasso, Apostle Paul and Escobar. Then he repeats "don't fuck with me" a few times at staff. I think he's hilarious, not in a good way.

Mescal

#11 Post by Mescal » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:16 am

Yeah, Kanye is an idiot. But an harmless idiot.

Pandemonium

#12 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:27 pm

Kanye is the Axl Rose of this generation.

JOEinPHX

#13 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Kanye is the Axl Rose of this generation.
:no:

mockbee

#14 Post by mockbee » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:09 pm

an armless idiot!

Pandemonium

#15 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:28 pm

creep
Site Admin

#16 Post by creep » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:55 pm

our old friend bob ezrin pissed him off apparently.

Has anybody ever heard of Bob Ezrin???

What the fuck does he know about rap…

I’m tired of old people that have no connection with anything trying to comment on music!

Do something relevant… Please don’t speak on me bro ever again!!!

Your kids are ashamed of their dad… Sorry for speaking about kids… but could you imagine if you were Bob Ezrin’s kids…

I’m so sorry for them… I will send them free Yeezys to make up for the embarrassment that you have caused your family!

Bro you said Macklemore was more important musically than me… no offense to Macklemore, he’s a nice human being!

Bob please never speak in public again… you are everything that is wrong with the old guard …

it’s guys like you that run companies and don’t invest in Ye even if I’m your kid’s idol!!!

Ezrin I truly feel sorry for your friends and family that they have had to suffer an idiot like you for so many years…

Mescal

#17 Post by Mescal » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:10 pm

creep wrote:
Bro you said Macklemore was more important musically than me… no offense to Macklemore, he’s a nice human being!

:lolol:

Mescal

#18 Post by Mescal » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:11 pm

creep wrote:
Bob … you are everything that is wrong with the old guard …
Haven't you guys been saying this in reference to Strays?

Angry Canine

#19 Post by Angry Canine » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:08 am

Mescal wrote:
creep wrote:
Bob … you are everything that is wrong with the old guard …
Haven't you guys been saying this in reference to Strays?
A lot different than saying no one's heard of him, and he has no connection to music.

Tyler Durden

#20 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Sure, Strays is lame...but Ezrin did produce Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and Lou Reed's "Berlin".

Pandemonium

#21 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Sure, Strays is lame...but Ezrin did produce Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and Lou Reed's "Berlin".
Ezrin also produced a bunch of Alice Cooper's classic 70's albums, KISS' "Destroyer," Hanoi Rock's Two Steps From The Move and co-produced NIN's The Fragile. But for every classic album he had a hand in, he's produced dozens of crappy LPs through the last 4 decades right up to last year's Hollywood Vampires vanity project.

Tyler Durden

#22 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:Sure, Strays is lame...but Ezrin did produce Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and Lou Reed's "Berlin".
Ezrin also produced a bunch of Alice Cooper's classic 70's albums, KISS' "Destroyer," Hanoi Rock's Two Steps From The Move and co-produced NIN's The Fragile. But for every classic album he had a hand in, he's produced dozens of crappy LPs through the last 4 decades right up to last year's Hollywood Vampires vanity project.
Of course. You could say that about lots of producers, as well as enduring recording artists. It can also be applied to some A-list filmmakers.

Hype

#23 Post by Hype » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:01 am

The question should always be: is past success an indicator of current or future success?

It's pretty easy and common to assume that, especially when things are new and getting a lot of attention. But after a few flops it should be obvious that any particular success isn't down to one person, but some kind of lucky combination of people and things happening at the right times. Bob Ezrin didn't make The Wall... but he was part of it. And anyway, why would anyone today want to sound like Pink Floyd in 1979? I'm not even sure Pink Floyd wanted that...

Pandemonium

#24 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:44 pm

One of my wife's more obnoxious co-workers brag-texted her (What are YOU doing tonight? I'm seeing KANYE!!!") about an hour ago that she was on her way (in pretty miserable, rainy road conditions) to the LA Forum to see Kanye tonight. I said something like "doesn't he blow off a lot of his shows?" Not even 5 minutes later, as we're watching the evening news, they announced that he just canceled his show there. My wife did not call her back to give her the news. Meow!

creep
Site Admin

#25 Post by creep » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Pandemonium wrote:One of my wife's more obnoxious co-workers brag-texted her (What are YOU doing tonight? I'm seeing KANYE!!!") about an hour ago that she was on her way (in pretty miserable, rainy road conditions) to the LA Forum to see Kanye tonight. I said something like "doesn't he blow off a lot of his shows?" Not even 5 minutes later, as we're watching the evening news, they announced that he just canceled his show there. My wife did not call her back to give her the news. Meow!
he was here in sacramento last night. he started an hour and a half late, performed three songs, went on a stupid 20 minute rant and ended the show. fuck that guy. luckily for the people that bought tickets at legitimate places, they are getting refunds.