Yet another old friend committed suicide

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Angry Canine

Yet another old friend committed suicide

#1 Post by Angry Canine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:20 am

I have just been surrounded by death this year. A friend that goes back to grade school jumped off a bridge into the Ohio river now. Since July I've lost my dad an uncle and two friends that go back to childhood.

Meanwhile my own health continues to deteriorate. I suddenly stopped retaining fluid in my abdomen back in January, but then my weight and strength began nosediving. I've lost over 90 pounds since I got sick. I was originally overweight and needed to lose 40 or 45 but I've lost double that, and look like an Auschwitz prisoner at this point. I can hardly stand up, or even sit up at the computer for more than 10 or 15 minutes before I start getting lightheaded, and risk passing out. Some days I don't even get up and sit in the recliner in front of the TV. Fixing food, and cleaning up is becoming difficult, and snowballs the problem.

It ain't easy livin'.

guysmiley

Re: Yet another old friend committed suicide

#2 Post by guysmiley » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:46 pm

Dude I had a new friend off himself in December. Shitty. I jammed with him live and it was great. We wanted to start a band.....If you want to live. fucking fight for it. If you don't...enjoy the slope... Either way is respectable. Hope, you're well. I really do.

The drummer 25, killed himself. Fucking sucks.....40+ still sucks. No man is an island.

Juana

#3 Post by Juana » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:12 pm

Angry Canine wrote:I have just been surrounded by death this year. A friend that goes back to grade school jumped off a bridge into the Ohio river now. Since July I've lost my dad an uncle and two friends that go back to childhood.

Meanwhile my own health continues to deteriorate. I suddenly stopped retaining fluid in my abdomen back in January, but then my weight and strength began nosediving. I've lost over 90 pounds since I got sick. I was originally overweight and needed to lose 40 or 45 but I've lost double that, and look like an Auschwitz prisoner at this point. I can hardly stand up, or even sit up at the computer for more than 10 or 15 minutes before I start getting lightheaded, and risk passing out. Some days I don't even get up and sit in the recliner in front of the TV. Fixing food, and cleaning up is becoming difficult, and snowballs the problem.

It ain't easy livin'.
I hope things get better for you. The hell I went thru with cancer comes back to me when I read this, I think you can come back from this. I'm no medical expert but I do believe in the human will.

Angry Canine

#4 Post by Angry Canine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:19 pm

Juana wrote: I hope things get better for you. The hell I went thru with cancer comes back to me when I read this, I think you can come back from this. I'm no medical expert but I do believe in the human will.
I'm terminal. I'm dying of liver failure. I'm surprised I've went on as long as I have.

kv

#5 Post by kv » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:43 pm

we are all terminal....did ya have fun here? that's all that really matters...as long as you had fun and didn't hurt people that's all any of us can ask for in this life imho :cheers:

Juana

#6 Post by Juana » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Angry Canine wrote:
Juana wrote: I hope things get better for you. The hell I went thru with cancer comes back to me when I read this, I think you can come back from this. I'm no medical expert but I do believe in the human will.
I'm terminal. I'm dying of liver failure. I'm surprised I've went on as long as I have.
Now I feel like a dick, I will echo what KV said though have as much fun as you can then. I still believe in the human will and the fact that you said you're still kicking is a testament to that. Enjoy the times you have. :rockon:

Angry Canine

#7 Post by Angry Canine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm

Juana wrote:
Angry Canine wrote: Now I feel like a dick, I will echo what KV said though have as much fun as you can then. I still believe in the human will and the fact that you said you're still kicking is a testament to that. Enjoy the times you have. :rockon:
It's OK. A lot of people already know here, so I don't keep repeating it. The whole story's on here somewhere if you want to find it.

I had a lot of good times over the years, but not the last few. Good days are pretty much over. But I do what I can to remember good times, and not dwell on this ending. But it kind of keeps up in my face.

Words of encouragement are appreciated.