Foo Fighters Mock Westboro Protesters

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
chaos

Foo Fighters Mock Westboro Protesters

#1 Post by chaos » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:11 am

http://www.billboard.com/column/viralvi ... 0992.story
The sign-waving knuckle draggers of the Westboro Baptist Church probably thought they were heading to Kansas City on Friday (Sept. 16) to protest a boring old Foo Fighters show. What they got instead was a load of mockery right in their faces, delivered by the very band they came to harass.

Dressed in purposely crude trucker/hillbilly garb, the rockers-turned-bumpkins rolled up to the group of protesters outside the Sprint Center in a flat bed truck and sang them a country jam titled "Keep It Clean (Hot Buns)."

The Kansas-based congregation (really just the extended family of the group's leader, Fred Phelps) appear in the footage to be excited by the free entertainment. Until it becomes abundantly clear that they are being punk'd with lyrics about a trucker and his "hankering" for "hot-man muffins" after a long drive on the open road:

"Keep It clean, my mama said keep It clean. Driving all night, got a hankering for something. Think I'm In the mood for some hot-man muffins. Mmmm, sounds so fine, yes indeed."

With the Westboro-ites catching on that they were being burnt beyond recognition, lead singer Dave Grohl grabbed hold of a break in the song to testify to the faithful. Watch the video and enjoy the reactions from the protesters.

"God bless America! It takes all kinds. I don't care if you're black or white or purple or green, whether you're Pennsylvanian or Transylvanian, Lady Gaga or Lady Antebellum, men loving women and women loving men and men loving men and women loving women -- you all know we like to watch that. But what I'd like to say is, God bless America, y'all!"

The hillbilly characters and the song's theme of truck stop love are actually an offshoot of a viral video the band released to promote the tour. Watch it here http://tinyurl.com/62axo7a. Westboro announced Aug. 30 that they would be a-protestin' and sech, but it was more directed at the entertainment industry rather than just the guys behind "There Goes My Hero."

"The entertainment industry is a microcosm of the people of this doomed nation: hard-hearted, Hell-bound, and hedonistic to the max," the church wrote in a statement announcing the protest. "Every person with a platform should be using it to encourage obedience to God."

A platform? You mean like a flat bed truck?

Juana

Re: Foo Fighters Mock Westboro Protesters

#2 Post by Juana » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:15 pm

That is awesome

guysmiley

#3 Post by guysmiley » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:48 pm

good for them

Artemis

#4 Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Love it!! :lol:

Essence_Smith

#5 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:41 pm

This was really cool... :cool:

Tyler Durden

#6 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Michael Moore did this over 10 years ago and did it better.

Tyler Durden

#7 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:22 pm

NYRexall

#8 Post by NYRexall » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Hahaha I love this band. Great music, great frontman and they always have a creative way to say "fuck you" to their detractors. The only way this could have possibly been any better is if they would have used the truck to drive over a bunch of those pseudo-religious inbred protestor hicks.

I FUCKING LOVE YOU, DAVID E. GROHL!