Hey Hoka...

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
JOEinPHX

Hey Hoka...

#1 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:55 pm

So, how's it going?

Are you feeling totally stressed and overwhelmed by the message board yet?

Or are we all just totally likeable and easy to get along with?

Jasper

Re: Hey Hoka...

#2 Post by Jasper » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:27 am

I didn't vote to send you to the moon. :wave:

Graphic design critique aside, I think you're doing a topnotch job. :thumb: Looks more and more like Sonny will have to eat his words.

JOEinPHX

#3 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:10 am

:rockon:

sinep

#4 Post by sinep » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:46 am

hoka appreciation thread?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#5 Post by Hokahey » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Thanks. I have to give Creep a lot of credit for taking care of a lot of the little stuff that no one notices like approving new members and stuff. Plus, the community here is pretty cohesive and cool. I think laying down the ground rules early, plus a lot of us learning lessons from when Xiola died has been helpful. Sonny's issue was his profile being so high and having to feel.accountable for things Does anyone even really know we exist?

Artemis

#6 Post by Artemis » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:53 pm

hokahey wrote: Does anyone even really know we exist?
Hmm...I think this a question for Hype. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#7 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:11 pm

All we need to do is a break a story that ends up on Blabbermouth. :lol:

Hype

#8 Post by Hype » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:24 pm

Artemis wrote:
Hmm...I think this a question for Hype. :lol:
:dunce: Well, as always, it depends on what Hoka means. It's pretty clear that Hoka really meant something like "Does one in the popular mass-media know that this site is now the home of the majority of long-time hardcore JA fans?", to which the answer is an empirical one that I don't have an answer for, but if I had to hazard a guess, the answer would be: sure, maybe a few people who could notify some of the bigger websites, etc., know that this site exists, but aren't sure whether it's worth reading.

As for the other way of reading that question, the more... shall we say, "philosophical" sense... well, then it depends on what you mean by 'know' and 'exist'. Peter Unger thinks no one knows anything, but he's probably the only contemporary philosopher who tries to argue for that sort of absolute epistemic scepticism. He would say that no one knows we exist. But sane people would say that at the very least we know we exist (via Descartes), i.e., at the very least, each one of us knows that s/he exists, and at best, we all know ourselves and each other exists, and so on for everyone who has perceived our effects.

NYRexall

#9 Post by NYRexall » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Hoka and Creep make for good bbs magistrates. Sonny was a cool dude but always struck me as being a bit of a non-entity at Xiola.

You really NEED to allow us to bash Etty on these forums though. That was one of the major draws to Xiola and it's a great way to kill downtime during the band's long stretches of inactivity.

JOEinPHX

#10 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:10 pm

NYRexall wrote:Hoka and Creep make for good bbs magistrates. Sonny was a cool dude but always struck me as being a bit of a non-entity at Xiola.

You really NEED to allow us to bash Etty on these forums though. That was one of the major draws to Xiola and it's a great way to kill downtime during the band's long stretches of inactivity.
We still have the "Deep Thoughts by Etty" thread.

NYRexall

#11 Post by NYRexall » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Yes, but...we can't call her things like "Tranny Etty" or "that money-grubbing plastic bimbo whore he's married to" like we could at Xiola.

Plus, you have to hunt for it on these forums because it's not in the main Jane's-related forum where it should be (in the hopes that Perry drops in and sees it)

Turncoat

#12 Post by Turncoat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:43 pm

NYRexall wrote:Yes, but...we can't call her things like "Tranny Etty" or "that money-grubbing plastic bimbo whore he's married to" like we could at Xiola.

Plus, you have to hunt for it on these forums because it's not in the main Jane's-related forum where it should be (in the hopes that Perry drops in and sees it)
You can use an abbreviation, if it makes you feel better... at this point all of those things are implied just by using "Etty"... :noclue:

...and the only things Perry "drops in" are quality and integrity. :banana: :blah: :tiphat: :essence: :cool: :jasper:

JOEinPHX

#13 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:48 pm

i think the term "twat" has been used in substitution for the banned "cunt"

you can call her anything you want really, just as long as it's a critique rather than a personal attack. :lol:

We still all say the same things, we just do it in a more intelligent way.

Jasper

#14 Post by Jasper » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:01 am

NYRexall wrote:Hoka and Creep make for good bbs magistrates. Sonny was a cool dude but always struck me as being a bit of a non-entity at Xiola.

Yeah, um, I'm not joining any Etty fan clubs, but I'm really OK without the 24/7 hate-fest. That's just not a fun diversion to me, nor is it an environment I enjoy.

chaos

#15 Post by chaos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:59 am

Six7Six7 wrote: We still all say the same things, we just do it in a more intelligent way.

JOEinPHX

#16 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:08 am

chaos wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote: We still all say the same things, we just do it in a more intelligent way.
i can hayt tranyz? :lol:

Bandit72

#17 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:13 am

I wonder any of the band made it onto this board yet? Obviously it would be in a voyeuristic way.

Essence_Smith

#18 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:58 pm

This is by no means a criticism in any way, shape or form, but as fine a job as creep and Hoka are definitely doing, this place is cool, but lacks the history xiola had...as far as Sonny being a non entity that was the cool thing about his presence...he knew when to lay back and when to jump in, I miss his posts...but yeah so far so good and I'm glad to see people having fun with this...and conducting themselves in a much more friendly and communal fashion... :wink: :essence: :lol:

kv

#19 Post by kv » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:00 pm

what? it's the same damn people..

and as for sonny he didn't used to always lay back in the fold he used to be the boards biggest pressence i mean he was the second highest poster for a reason..he just burnt out over the year...i still wish he'd come back and hang without being defensive...maybe one day

Essence_Smith

#20 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:11 am

kv wrote:what? it's the same damn people..

and as for sonny he didn't used to always lay back in the fold he used to be the boards biggest pressence i mean he was the second highest poster for a reason..he just burnt out over the year...i still wish he'd come back and hang without being defensive...maybe one day
Yeah it is MOSTLY the same people, but I think people would come to xiola specifically for the drama...the change of scenery, etc imo has made a difference...and Sonny wasn't in all the threads...for example he didn't post in the "Bob" thread for the first 100 pages...and that was one of the most paid attention to ones we had... :lol:

But yeah, it'd be nice if he stopped by and poked his head in the door...when he wasn't too emotional he had a good perspective on things in general...