off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
kv

Re: What made your day today?

#3921 Post by kv » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:52 pm

Just an average Thursday :bored:

Pandemonium

#3922 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:24 pm

So about a month ago, I noticed my dog Kahlua had chipped the probably the top 1/8th inch tip off of one of her lower canines. I could see the dark "pulp" in the center of the tooth. Long ago we stopped letting her play with stuff like cans and her metal bowls (see the video I posted last year in the dog thread) when it became obvious she could wreck her teeth being so crazy. But she still likes to sneak and grab large rocks and juggle 'em in in her mouth when no one's around. I've found golf ball sized rocks under my pillow.

So I took her to the vet who said she'd probably need the tooth capped and gave me the name of one of only two animal dentists locally that do such stuff. It took weeks to get in to see the guy and late last week, I finally got her looked at. Dentist tells me she'd likely need a root canal and crown depending on what an x-ray would show. The odds of infection already rotting out the inside of the tooth right up to the gum line was almost a certainty. The cost was going to be about $2,600. Luckily, my wife and I (ok, my wife suggested it and I said ok) got full coverage pet insurance when we got her and we'd only have to pay about 10% of the total but we'd still have to pay upfront the whole amount and wait about 2 months for the reimbursement.

So I take her in Monday morning for the procedure and late in the day I get the call to come and pick her up. Turns out her tooth has healed itself to a degree that the tip was sealed off, no infection at all and she didn't need a crown, much less a root canal. Total cost, about $300 (I'll get back about $270).

perkana

#3923 Post by perkana » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:15 pm

First time I sold tickets on facebook and I didn't get robbed nor killed :rockon:

SR

#3924 Post by SR » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:53 pm

Didn't exactly make my day, but it was nice. Had an appt in Hollywood today and my nav system rerouted me through Wilton Pl....on the way back I put on some old demos and cruised by. It's a bitchin house notwithstanding the history.
JAWIL.JPG
JAWIL.JPG (142.83 KiB) Viewed 107 times

crater

#3925 Post by crater » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:37 am

That an item I ordered the other day decided to take the long way to get to me, instead of just traveling right up the coast :noclue:
Nov 29
7:44 pm
Left FedEx origin facility IRVINE, CA

Nov 30
10:51 am
Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

Dec 01
3:14 am
Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

Dec 01
5:10 am
At destination sort facility PORTLAND, OR