What made your day today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Hype

Re: What made your day today?

#601 Post by Hype » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:53 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:I managed to get out to feed a friend's cats, but this work's eating at my brain so I've gotta stay in tonight and get it done. I refuse to do so without alcohol though. :lol:
Fuck dude, any time u need yr day made, I got three of em that need feeding. Feel free lol
Oh I had to feed my own cat, too. Here's a photo of him all Hipstered-up:

chaos

#602 Post by chaos » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:I managed to get out to feed a friend's cats, but this work's eating at my brain so I've gotta stay in tonight and get it done. I refuse to do so without alcohol though. :lol:
Fuck dude, any time u need yr day made, I got three of em that need feeding. Feel free lol
He's a cutie. How old is he? When did you get a cat? I remember a while ago (several years?) your mentioning that you wish you could get a cat again.

Larry B.

#603 Post by Larry B. » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Pandemonium wrote: This is one of my favorite photos of him from around 2 years ago. One of the last times they came in for vacation, he asked me about headphones because he wanted to listen to his tv while his wife was sleeping so I showed him my wireless Japanese Pioneer headphones. Our dog kept sitting next to him any time he was on the couch which bugged the fuck outta him:

That photo is awesome. Both faces are priceless.

Hype

#604 Post by Hype » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:39 pm

chaos wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
He's a cutie. How old is he? When did you get a cat? I remember a while ago (several years?) your mentioning that you wish you could get a cat again.
He's about two and a half. I got him at the start of this year because the next half a decade or so should be fairly stable.
ImageImage

Also, I totally agree, that photo of Pandemonium's father in law and the dog is awesome for so many reasons.
Last edited by Hype on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chaos

#605 Post by chaos » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Dog: But whyyyyyy doesn't he like me?

nausearockpig

#606 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:20 pm

chaos wrote:Dog: But whyyyyyy doesn't he like me?
:lolol:

nausearockpig

#607 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:17 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
SUPER-CUTE!!!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1086

Jasper

#608 Post by Jasper » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Saw an old buddy in his big-screen debut (except for the SXSW debut, which was too far away for me) in an old theater last night, starring in a movie another old buddy wrote and directed. Some other very good friends in town for this as well. Partied a lot, got home at about 6:00 AM. Put me in a happy mood seeing all of these people, and everybody alive and healthy.

Also was let off the hook by a very cool cop on Monday, when he technically could have arrested me. Told me not to ever say that all Boston cops are assholes, so I'll say this; all Boston cops are definitely not assholes.

nausearockpig

#609 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 am

Jasper wrote:Saw an old buddy in his big-screen debut (except for the SXSW debut, which was too far away for me) in an old theater last night, starring in a movie another old buddy wrote and directed. Some other very good friends in town for this as well. Partied a lot, got home at about 6:00 AM. Put me in a happy mood seeing all of these people, and everybody alive and healthy.

Also was let off the hook by a very cool cop on Monday, when he technically could have arrested me. Told me not to ever say that all Boston cops are assholes, so I'll say this; all Boston cops are definitely not assholes.
you said that TO a cop? or in earshot?

Jasper

#610 Post by Jasper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:25 am

nausearockpig wrote:
Jasper wrote:Saw an old buddy in his big-screen debut (except for the SXSW debut, which was too far away for me) in an old theater last night, starring in a movie another old buddy wrote and directed. Some other very good friends in town for this as well. Partied a lot, got home at about 6:00 AM. Put me in a happy mood seeing all of these people, and everybody alive and healthy.

No, no, I didn't say that to anyone. That was just an parting comment on the part of the cop. My transgressions were more clear cut. The charm of my female companion was my saving grace.

nausearockpig

#611 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:40 am

Jasper wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

No, no, I didn't say that to anyone. That was just an parting comment on the part of the cop. My transgressions were more clear cut. The charm of my female companion was my saving grace.
ah ok.. that woulda been a fucktard of a move though... which I'm sure some people have made in the past..

mockbee

#612 Post by mockbee » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Getting my first paycheck at a job I really enjoy and has enormous growth potential........... :rockon:

There are so many people out there who have no clue how lucky they are to get a paycheck for what they do, whether they like what they do or not.......

perkana

#613 Post by perkana » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:45 pm

true that

creep
Site Admin

#614 Post by creep » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 pm

mockbee wrote:

There are so many people out there who have no clue how lucky they are to get a paycheck for what they do, whether they like what they do or not.......
my job is super easy and i'm paid well but i plan on leaving it next year. probably not the smartest move but life is short and time to do some new shit. my current job is not challenging at all and there are no advancement opportunities unless i move to virginia which i will not do. :noclue:

perkana

#615 Post by perkana » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:22 pm

what's wrong with VA? I like it there, but I'm talking near D.C. I don't know how the rest of VA is :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#616 Post by creep » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:27 pm

perkana wrote:what's wrong with VA? I like it there, but I'm talking near D.C. I don't know how the rest of VA is :noclue:
i hate cold weather. i have a hard enough time living in northern california where it never really gets that cold.

perkana

#617 Post by perkana » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:32 pm

I think I prefer cold weather than any hot humid summer over there...But yeah, I know what you mean. I can stand dry hot weather, like for the past days I swear it's been over 30 C (sorry too tired to make a conversion to F), but I can stand dry weather not humidity. I just hate the feeling.

mockbee

#618 Post by mockbee » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:47 pm

creep wrote:
mockbee wrote:

my job is super easy and i'm paid well but i plan on leaving it next year. probably not the smartest move but life is short and time to do some new shit. :noclue:

But you realize you are very lucky to be able to make that choice, right? :noclue:

I didn't say you had to keep your job, just be thankful you have the ability to make that choice.

wally

#619 Post by wally » Tue May 01, 2012 9:22 am

this wasn't today but it's still pretty sweet..
I went skydiving for the first time on saturday.

Hype

#620 Post by Hype » Tue May 01, 2012 9:33 am

wally wrote:this wasn't today but it's still pretty sweet..
That's awesome. I think I'd like the rush of it, but I don't have faith in the chute. :confused:

wally

#621 Post by wally » Tue May 01, 2012 9:36 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
That's awesome. I think I'd like the rush of it, but I don't have faith in the chute. :confused:
i hear you.
Kinda funny but once the chute was deployed, I felt a sense of relief, like the hard part was over. But really if something were to go wrong, it'd be right about then. :lol:

crater

#622 Post by crater » Tue May 01, 2012 9:52 am

wally wrote: Image
Shaka Bra!

wally

#623 Post by wally » Tue May 01, 2012 9:55 am

glad someone got it! :lol:

Pandemonium

#624 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 01, 2012 10:12 am

wally wrote:this wasn't today but it's still pretty sweet..
What did you think about doing it tandem like that? Wasn't landing a bit of a mess?

Back in my early 20's a co-worker who was heavily into hang gliding talked me into going tandem with him. So a bunch of us go out there and there's almost no wind that day but we still go for it. It turned out to be what is aptly called a "sleigh ride" where we pretty much went right along the mountain straight right down to the landing field at the base - we barely had time to switch into a proper side-by-side position for the landing which was so fast and hard, we couldn't get the nose up to "stall" and kill our speed just before landing or our feet right under us and literally stumbled and nosed into the ground and almost flipped over. My right shoulder hit the support bar hard enough to bend and crack the tube. That was the scariest part, seeing the ground rushing up knowing there's no way we were going to have a good landing the speed we had built up.

wally

#625 Post by wally » Tue May 01, 2012 10:18 am

Pandemonium wrote:
What did you think about doing it tandem like that? Wasn't landing a bit of a mess?

Back in my early 20's a co-worker who was heavily into hang gliding talked me into going tandem with him. So a bunch of us go out there and there's almost no wind that day but we still go for it. It turned out to be what is aptly called a "sleigh ride" where we pretty much went right along the mountain straight right down to the landing field at the base - we barely had time to switch into a proper side-by-side position for the landing which was so fast and hard, we couldn't get the nose up to "stall" and kill our speed just before landing or our feet right under us and literally stumbled and nosed into the ground and almost flipped over. My right shoulder hit the support bar hard enough to bend and crack the tube. That was the scariest part, seeing the ground rushing up knowing there's no way we were going to have a good landing the speed we had built up.
i would've preferred a female behind me.
Landing was no sweat, just before we landed he told me just stick my legs straight out and we'll slide in on our butts. They have "catchers" who run to you and unhook you from the chute really quickly so you don't get dragged anywhere.