#727 Post by perkana » Thu May 17, 2012 11:20 am

Juana wrote:Biopsy came back good :aoa:
fucking awesome fantastic news!! :bday:

Larry B.

Re: What made your day today?

#728 Post by Larry B. » Thu May 17, 2012 11:43 am

Warped wrote: @Larry :lol: :lol: :lol: Guten Appetitt
:bday: :bday: :bday:

I finally found a way to get my most beloved products in the history of the world. When I've been to Europe I've usually eaten between 300 g and 2 kilos of these things daily. I remember buying 5 kilos of Goldbären the last time I was in München: 2 kilos for my remaining days in Madrid and 3 to eat back home. I ended up eating 4 kilos in 2 days in Madrid and swallowing the remaining kilo on the plane :lol:

kv

#729 Post by kv » Thu May 17, 2012 11:58 am

perkana wrote:
Juana wrote:Biopsy came back good :aoa:
fucking awesome fantastic news!! :bday:
awesome stuff

Juana

#730 Post by Juana » Thu May 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Thanks everyone it has been a trying couple of weeks but the scary shit about it is it can always return. Oh well at least I don't have shingles or some shit :lolol:

Now I can also market my own brand of bracelets like Lance, they will be peach colored and say "ball-strong" haha

kv

#731 Post by kv » Thu May 17, 2012 12:36 pm

i dig that you were up in arms ready to beat it's ass again that tude is awesome ( except when you use it for laker logic)

Juana

#732 Post by Juana » Thu May 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Yeah I know it sucks ass haha, basically I go 110% or not at all. I'm a terrible loser. Which I'm sure is obvious. 8/23 is a terrible birthday to have it appears because everyone with that birthday I have met has that same attitude.

But illness or not I didn't want to lose this since you know that means death so I have been working hard to get back in shape and give my self the best shot at success as well as using the bar, my day job and other stuff as resources to raise money be that with 5ks or other things.

That is on top of jogging with my dogs every morning as well, no matter how hot it is.

mockbee

#733 Post by mockbee » Thu May 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Good news Juana! Awesome!
What a relief..... and I can understand what you are saying about it coming back. It's not in the cards today, though, not in the cards today....fuck yeah.

Eat good and be heathly!! A message that we can all process and digest about preventative care...........

creep
Site Admin

#734 Post by creep » Thu May 17, 2012 12:48 pm

mockbee wrote: Eat good and be heathly!! A message that we can all process and digest about preventative care...........
two posts in a row...are you going to be one of those preachy vegans? :essence:

just kidding though i would probably give up meat (i pretty much only eat chicken) if i didn't hate vegetables so much. :jasper: :jasper:

Juana

#735 Post by Juana » Thu May 17, 2012 12:52 pm

I live in Austin its impossible to give up meat here when everywhere you walk its just wonderful BBQ. But that being said I eat healthy and moderate. I drink sometimes probably more than I should but you know everyone does. Moderation is the key to everything and not eating cheap carbs which is hard when they taste so good hahah

Artemis

#736 Post by Artemis » Thu May 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Excellent news, Juana! :rockon:
Glad to hear everything is okay. :bigrin:

Artemis

#737 Post by Artemis » Thu May 17, 2012 12:59 pm

creep wrote:
mockbee wrote: Eat good and be heathly!! A message that we can all process and digest about preventative care...........
mockbee is vegan?? not that there is anything wrong with that.. :lol:

mockbee

#738 Post by mockbee » Thu May 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Artemis wrote:
creep wrote:
mockbee is vegan?? not that there is anything wrong with that.. :lol:
My big thing is dairy.... being largely Swedish, I LOOOOOOOVE dairy....milk, cream, ice cream, cheese, yogurt, butter etc..... I would never, ever be a strict vegan, I am not interested in making some point or saving animals. I am interested in staying out of the hospital and living as long as possible though, that is my main concern, and I do have high cholesterol. (thanks dairy.... :cona: ) I never really liked red meat anyways, I will eat a cheeseburger once in a while and I can keep that down to like once every two months or so.....

Also when I do eat meat, I want to have free-range, no antibiotic, grass fed, etc. because that is better for our environment and eliminates many, many chemicals that would be going through, staying in, my body.

Hype

#739 Post by Hype » Thu May 17, 2012 1:10 pm

'free range' doesn't actually mean they're kept outside... it means they're kept in industrial buildings with a door open.

kv

#740 Post by kv » Thu May 17, 2012 1:14 pm

my great aunt and uncle both lived well into their 90's eating beef and having after dinner cocktails it's not the animals it the processed crap thats killing people...eat steak and potatos and you''ll be just fine

mockbee

#741 Post by mockbee » Thu May 17, 2012 1:20 pm

creep wrote:
Ha!....... I have some literature for you to peruse, if you are so inclined........ :lolol: :hehe:
creep wrote: just kidding though i would probably give up meat (i pretty much only eat chicken) if i didn't hate vegetables so much. :jasper: :jasper:

Kidding aside, you should check out that movie, it addresses exactly what you are talking about not liking vegetables.....

Really, watching that movie makes me want to say SCREW universal health care!....just screw it.......
The US is going to the crapper as far as health goes...it is going to get REALLY, REALLY expensive (it already is, even more so....x100)

IT IS MOSTLY PREVENTATIVE, THERE IS SCIENTIFIC PROOF, many, many studies on diet and sickness....why do you think they put you on a "cancer" diet that looks a lot like a vegan diet after you have been diagnosed???!...... duh.................... and diabetes...my god.

[end :essense : , i promise, promise, promise] :nod:

mockbee

#742 Post by mockbee » Thu May 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:'free range' doesn't actually mean they're kept outside... it means they're kept in industrial buildings with a door open.

oh boy......
I think I opened a can of worms here. The intent is what I mean. There are local farms that do have "free range" chickens where they are in a yard and are not fed corn...if inspections and websites and PR are false... then what the hell else can i do? I don't care beyond that......

mockbee

#743 Post by mockbee » Thu May 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Juana wrote:I live in Austin its impossible to give up meat here when everywhere you walk its just wonderful BBQ. But that being said I eat healthy and moderate. I drink sometimes probably more than I should but you know everyone does. Moderation is the key to everything and not eating cheap carbs which is hard when they taste so good hahah
I am just curious, Juana, did your doctor suggest a "special" diet when you were diagnosed or during your treatment for your cancer? And if so, what did it involve? Those questions are purely out of curiosity and there is no judgement intended. Also, if you don't want to share that information, I completely understand.

I'm just glad you are doing well today..... :rockon: :thumb:

Juana

#744 Post by Juana » Thu May 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Yes and no, basically it was more of a if you eat meat make sure its lean meat. Lots of fruits and veggies and obviously cutting back on the booze. It was after the major surgery on my torso that they made me eat nothing but veggies/fish. What I have learned is its a combo of WHAT you eat and HOW MUCH you eat.

mockbee

#745 Post by mockbee » Thu May 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Juana wrote: What I have learned is its a combo of WHAT you eat and HOW MUCH you eat.
Absolutely..... :nod:

I am not of the mindset that anything needs to be, or even should be, strict.

Just be mindful of what I eat and how much.

kv

#746 Post by kv » Thu May 17, 2012 3:01 pm

if getting up early, eating carrot sticks, going to church, driving the speed limit, going to bed early, taking vitamins, running miles every day, staying away from fireworksand wearing a life vest means i live longer then: eating steaks, drinking beers, smoking weed, staying out late, sleeping late, driving fast, fucking off i'll check out happy a few years early no fucking problem.

it's more of a "doing whatever the fuck i want till i die" mindset....and that's what works for me

and that's the key...do what works for you :tiphat:

Juana

#747 Post by Juana » Thu May 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Well I still do all those things I just moderate it

mockbee

#748 Post by mockbee » Thu May 17, 2012 3:37 pm

kv wrote:
and that's the key...do what works for you :tiphat:
Nobody is saying anything otherwise........ I am just saying what works for me and makes me happy. :bday:

Also I advocate personal responsibility, and judging by the majority of your posts you advocate that as well....... :wave:

kv

#749 Post by kv » Thu May 17, 2012 3:38 pm

naw man i wasn't saying you were i just was ranting lol

mockbee

#750 Post by mockbee » Thu May 17, 2012 3:38 pm

kv wrote:naw man i wasn't saying you were i just was ranting lol

:cheers: