What made your day today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Japhy

Re: What made your day today?

#21 Post by Japhy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Hyperbolic wrote: yours truly,
Mancunian.
This made my day...! I'm glad Larry is back.

creep
Site Admin

#22 Post by creep » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:53 pm

why encourage his dumb little signatures?

Japhy

#23 Post by Japhy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:56 pm

i only like that one because it means he reads my posts... bless the dude.

The rest, yeah... every time i read one, i just picture Bart making a call to Moe's... and the Simpsons gets on my tits.

perkana

#24 Post by perkana » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:27 pm

this made me chuckle tonight...
whatthouwilt asked: I'm one of the n00bs: CaseyContrarian. I LOVED the site, and it's amazing how much separation anxiety has been caused by your shutting down shop. I wish I'd made the decision to jump in earlier. Honestly, Xiola is the only board I've ever commented on outside of music engineering boards. So my question is this: is it my fault? PS: thank you for such a meaningful site.

yes, it’s yr fault.

Artemis

#25 Post by Artemis » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:02 pm

This gem i found on youtube...Grace Jones+Iggy Pop doing NightClubbing.Shame it wasn't longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_rot2g_Uc

Grace Jones looks like she could kick Iggy's ass. :lol:

krakle

#26 Post by krakle » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:35 am

a video of a friend playing in front of a swimming pool full of metalheads, made my day!

Warped

#27 Post by Warped » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:19 am

Had to visit my dentist today cause a piece of my teeth broke and it was really not horrible. :thumb:

Artemis

#28 Post by Artemis » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:43 pm

krakle wrote:a video of a friend playing in front of a swimming pool full of metalheads, made my day!

It's obvious that going to the pool is not an activity that metalheads normally engage in. All those pasty white guys with the sunburned necks made me laugh. The best is when they are singing that bon jovi song and splashing each other. :laugh:

Was it a celebration ?

Juana

#29 Post by Juana » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:54 pm

Got my Hepcat albums out of storage and putting them on the Macbook, really missed listening to this stuff. Haven't listened to them since Dave passed away.

esqfool

#30 Post by esqfool » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:55 pm

About to walk out the door at 7 am, got a phone call saying work was cancelled til noon due to a power outage. Promptly sat down in the recliner, passed out til 11:15, brushed my teeth and was out the door. Nice way to start the week.

sinep

#31 Post by sinep » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Artemis wrote: It's obvious that going to the pool is not an activity that metalheads normally engage in. All those pasty white guys with the sunburned necks made me laugh.
they're german, so that doesn't help either.

guysmiley

#32 Post by guysmiley » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:06 am

Got a new laptop. Now a have a lot to pay off on my credit card. :sad: Oh, well. I needed a new one. :noclue:

Juana

#33 Post by Juana » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:12 am

Yeah but a new laptop is always nice. What type of battery life? That is the key for me honestly I like to dick around with the settings to where I can abuse it but still get 6-9 hours out of the battery.

guysmiley

#34 Post by guysmiley » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:35 am

Juana wrote:Yeah but a new laptop is always nice. What type of battery life? That is the key for me honestly I like to dick around with the settings to where I can abuse it but still get 6-9 hours out of the battery.
Its says 6.5 hours but, probably 4.5 in reality if I don't dim the screen and whatnot.

ant

#35 Post by ant » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Paid off our credit card bill with all the charges made booking our vacation. Now it's paid in full and all we have to do is go. :bigrin:

Juana

#36 Post by Juana » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:41 pm

guysmiley wrote:
Juana wrote:Yeah but a new laptop is always nice. What type of battery life? That is the key for me honestly I like to dick around with the settings to where I can abuse it but still get 6-9 hours out of the battery.
Its says 6.5 hours but, probably 4.5 in reality if I don't dim the screen and whatnot.
that is still pretty good. I have a Macbook Air and a Windows laptop and I dick around with the settings to extend the battery life on both, aside from the screen dimming there's a lot of services you can not run on the PC that will help extend it. Basically I like not having to lug around a cord wherever I go with anything.

As for what made my day I was able to walk 2 miles and not feel like I died today which isn't bad after the surgery I had in which they had to open up my stomach and take out all my lymphnodes.

Larry B.

#37 Post by Larry B. » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Juana wrote: As for what made my day I was able to walk 2 miles and not feel like I died today which isn't bad after the surgery I had in which they had to open up my stomach and take out all my lymphnodes.
Hodkins? :conf: (hopefully not)

Juana

#38 Post by Juana » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Naw on 28 Feb I lost my left nut due to testicular cancer and they took out the lymphnodes in my stomach and pelvis as one of them had a teratoma form. Basically in remission since everything was caught early but it certainly has been interesting this year to say the least. The second surgery was definitely the worst but feeling so much better now.

Basically just glad I made it thru and everything was caught early.

The lower part of my stomach basically they cut me down the middle from right below my breast bone down to my pelvis area.

ant

#39 Post by ant » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Glad you're feeling better. That looks like a gnarly surgery. I've never had more than some stitches in my thumb. (knock on wood).

Juana

#40 Post by Juana » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Yeah the epiderol wasn't working after the surgery so I eventually had to get an abdominal binder which actually helped more with the pain than the meds but yeah everything is good as they caught it all and shouldn't need anything else.

But yeah as someone said back on Xiola that my posts were going off the deepend it was when I first found out about it all and was on some serious meds and booze and I learned the internet, meds and booze makes for bad choices LOL.

sinep

#41 Post by sinep » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Juana wrote:Naw on 28 Feb I lost my left nut due to testicular cancer and they took out the lymphnodes in my stomach and pelvis as one of them had a teratoma form. Basically in remission since everything was caught early but it certainly has been interesting this year to say the least. The second surgery was definitely the worst but feeling so much better now.

The lower part of my stomach basically they cut me down the middle from right below my breast bone down to my pelvis area.
glad you're alright.

can we see the testicle too?

Jasper

#42 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Juana wrote:Yeah the epiderol wasn't working after the surgery so I eventually had to get an abdominal binder which actually helped more with the pain than the meds but yeah everything is good as they caught it all and shouldn't need anything else.

But yeah as someone said back on Xiola that my posts were going off the deepend it was when I first found out about it all and was on some serious meds and booze and I learned the internet, meds and booze makes for bad choices LOL.
:lol:
I remember that. You weren't making any sense for a couple of days in a row. :hehe:

Glad you're OK.

MYXYLPLYX

#43 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:05 pm

Juana wrote:Naw on 28 Feb I lost my left nut due to testicular cancer and they took out the lymphnodes in my stomach and pelvis as one of them had a teratoma form. Basically in remission since everything was caught early but it certainly has been interesting this year to say the least. The second surgery was definitely the worst but feeling so much better now.

Yep, same as my dad.

Docs told him he wouldn't likely live to see my second birthday ...tomorrow I'm taking him and my soon to be three year old son to the Giants game.

All my best to you.
:wave:

Larry B.

#44 Post by Larry B. » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:49 am

Goddamn, dude... glad you're OK. I don't remember your nonsense-period in Xiola, but your somewhat upbeat posts here caught my eye... I can tell some "life views" have changed/are changing.

:bday: :wave:

Pure Method

#45 Post by Pure Method » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:07 am

glad you are on the mend best of luck!