What made your day today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Mescal

Re: What made your day today?

#3741 Post by Mescal » Tue May 09, 2017 7:07 am

SR wrote:Hmmm, look for a friend request from my initials. I'd like to see the band. :cool:
We are now officially friends :wave:

SR

#3742 Post by SR » Thu May 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Kiddo went to see Chris Rock, Robert Glasper, Thunderkat, Kamasi Washington, and terrace Washington (apparently K Lamar's sax player) and this happened....

[img]
samuel and chappelle.jpg
samuel and chappelle.jpg (41.77 KiB) Viewed 6541 times
[/img]

chaos

#3743 Post by chaos » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:45 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06 ... uckethead/

Elmo got 3 votes; Lord Buckethead got 249. I would take either over Trump! :lol:

Juana

#3744 Post by Juana » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:41 pm

Going thru my phone and found this from my man cave:

The one on the left is the one that passed last week, those two adored each other. That was right before steak night for them. :love:

chaos

#3745 Post by chaos » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:35 am

:heart:

Has your other dog gotten back into a regular routine yet since his buddy is no longer around?

Matz

#3746 Post by Matz » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:51 pm

that's a great question. I think someone here posted something a long time ago about a dog who lost his best dog friend and grieved so much he had to be put down

Juana

#3747 Post by Juana » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:13 am

chaos wrote::heart:

Has your other dog gotten back into a regular routine yet since his buddy is no longer around?
He's still looking for her but I got him eating again

Juana

#3748 Post by Juana » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:02 am

I got her remains back today and while I doubt he understands what is in there this happened:

He pulled the box off the table next to the chair he likes to sleep in and refused to sleep unless the box was in his chair

Think he was feeding off my emotion that this box was important to me, they always used to sleep in that chair together, if anything even if he has no clue what is in that box if him protecting it calms him then I'm good with it.

SR

#3749 Post by SR » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:17 am

Yes, understood....good with it. :heart: I remember the stories of the hated Spurs fans in your bar and the two pups as your sentries....you had mentioned (bragged/hoped) that any drunken move on you would end badly (and swiftly) for the bums. :lol: Oh, and.....

Dogs rule

Juana

#3750 Post by Juana » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:38 am

SR wrote:Yes, understood....good with it. :heart: I remember the stories of the hated Spurs fans in your bar and the two pups as your sentries....you had mentioned (bragged/hoped) that any drunken move on you would end badly (and swiftly) for the bums. :lol: Oh, and.....

Dogs rule
The funniest thing is they are (were) both sweet hearts they would only get riled up well when said Spurs fans (sometimes Cowboys fans) would get riled up, I stepped back from running the bars etc due to well not wanting to be a drunk, but they were both beloved. But yeah they weren't fans of people getting uppity and took umbrage to it.

I do think I'm cursed because I have an Old Swiss Mountain Dog that jumped into our car a year or so ago and while I adore the SOB his owner when I contacted them said "we didn't want him anymore why do you think he is not in Dallas?" I live 3-4 hours away from Dallas outside of Austin. Dogs rule, people suck in some instances. Why someone would spend 2k+ for a pup and abandon them I have no idea.

SR

#3751 Post by SR » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:56 am

I didn't recall the duo being aggressive in the tales, rather loyal (and to just reminisce in a cyber sort of way)....which dogs tend to be.

As for your reasons for limiting time at your stores, they remind me of George Bernard Shaw's comments on pups....

"If you eliminate smoking and gambling, you will be amazed to find that almost all an Englishman’s pleasures can be, and mostly are, shared by his dog.”

Matz

#3752 Post by Matz » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:37 pm

LOVED to hear Neil Strauss on Dark Matter today! In fact I'm listening again right now. Wise people (Dave and Neil that is)

Matz

#3753 Post by Matz » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:11 pm

btw Dave says he's moving to either Oregon or Washington state within 6 months or something! Never ever thought that would happen, thought he was an LA lifer

creep
Site Admin

#3754 Post by creep » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:56 pm

Matz wrote:btw Dave says he's moving to either Oregon or Washington state within 6 months or something! Never ever thought that would happen, thought he was an LA lifer
I'm sure he will keep his house in LA. He mentioned living on the coast. I just don't see that fitting in his lifestyle. You're pretty isolated out there.

Matz

#3755 Post by Matz » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:27 am

On other thing regarding the interview: Neil mentioned that he has the "original" Spread demos/recordings, one that Dave doesn't even have. If anyone can shed some light on what that is it'd be cool. It must be versions of the songs that have never been on heard by any of us.

kv

#3756 Post by kv » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Original spread is just probably rhimorse...Dave doesn't keep mich

Matz

#3757 Post by Matz » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:48 am

yeah, possibly. But if Neil can find Rhimorse on youtube, then why be bummed about it? It's not the same sound quality and all that of course but still.

It could be roughs of the Spread songs that we know that no one has ever heard....arc of the covenant type situation....well, fuck it, we'll never know

It's at 1:24 for anyone interested
https://soundcloud.com/davenavarro/dark ... the-studio

Juana

#3758 Post by Juana » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:38 am

My amp from Ace Pepper is almost done! :rockon:

Artemis

#3759 Post by Artemis » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:42 pm

I am going to the Poop Cafe tonight!! :aoa: :lol:

This evening I'll be watching my friend's 13 year old son while she and her hubby go to a concert. So, rather than just sit around, playing video games, I suggested that we go to the Poop Cafe to eat desserts served in toilet bowl dishes and urinals. I've been wanting to try this place but nobody would go with me until now. :lol:

perkana

#3760 Post by perkana » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 am

I've been going through a job application process for ibm for the past month and I messed up the math evaluation. Lucky me, it didn't go through so I can re do it. Don't you love it when shit like that happens?

perkana

#3761 Post by perkana » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:53 pm

This is fucking sweet! :heart:
A short, animated film from an animation intern working at Blue Sky Animation and another student who is now an employee of Jib-Jab and on her way to work as an an animator at Sony on a big Hollywood movie is getting a lot of attention online for its subject matter — LGBT love. Views for the film have grown by over 3M since yesterday afternoon on YouTube and it currently has 14.6M views since releasing only four days ago. In a Heartbeat, about a school boy crush on another boy, has gone viral and getting the attention of numerous celebrities and press across the nation.
So, who’s behind it? The two filmmakers are Beth David, 21, from Cincinnati, Ohio and Esteban Bravo, 24, from Mexico City who met at the Ringling College of Design and Art in Florida. Both graduated this year. It was their first film collaboration and they wrote and directed the sweet story together. The total budget? $5K. They began it as a $3K Kickstarter campaign and it not only hit the goal but soared past it to $14K.

Since then, the two have landed representation at Verve. “It’s four-minutes long, and it’s tapped into the LGBT community in an important way. We are so proud to be in business with this team,” Verve partner Bill Weinstein told Deadline. He said once they saw the work, they signed them right out of school. “What this shows is that there is a tremendous, under-served audience,” he said. “Verve is proud to help amplify the voices of its minority employees and clientele that make up our community.”

In a Heartbeat tells the story of a closeted boy who runs the risk of being outed by his own heart after it pops out of his chest to chase down the boy of his dreams.

David will be part of the animation team at Sony this year working on Hotel Transylvania 3.

perkana

#3762 Post by perkana » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:01 pm

I got a call yesterday that I will fill in a teacher's (who is going to do a PhD) position. Next week I will be teaching a group of 20 year olds :yikes:
The subject is called "control engineering by computer". I've never taught more than two or three people at a time (and who were over 25).

creep
Site Admin

#3763 Post by creep » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:15 pm

perkana wrote:I got a call yesterday that I will fill in a teacher's (who is going to do a PhD) position. Next week I will be teaching a group of 20 year olds :yikes:
The subject is called "control engineering by computer". I've never taught more than two or three people at a time (and who were over 25).
What is the saying? Imaging your audience naked or imagine yourself naked or I imagine you naked or something like that?? :thumb:

Hype

#3764 Post by Hype » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:27 pm

perkana wrote:I got a call yesterday that I will fill in a teacher's (who is going to do a PhD) position. Next week I will be teaching a group of 20 year olds :yikes:
It's the best feeling ever. You know the subject far better than anyone else in the room, and many of them even want to listen to you! :rockon:

Mescal

#3765 Post by Mescal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Hype wrote:
It's the best feeling ever. You know the subject far better than anyone else in the room, and many of them even want to listen to you! :rockon:
Depends on the class, no?