Charlie brooker/ philomena cunk

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
SR

Re: Charlie brooker/ philomena cunk

#21 Post by SR » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 am

:love: Thanks for that; I think I last saw that as a kid.

It had the exact opposite impact on me....charming funny on an emotional level. :thumb:

Bandit72

Re: Charlie brooker/ philomena cunk

#22 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:37 am

Hype wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:
Hype wrote:I don't think it's a "British" v. North American thing for me. I grew up on Monty Python, Rowan Atkinson (not just Mr. Bean, but Thin Blue Line, etc.), and am a huge fan of Dylan Moran (Black Books), Billy Connolly and Dave Allen.
In my early teens I grew up on two 1950's comedy shows done by Tony Hancock and The Goon Show (both from my dad). They were, and still are in many respects, light years of anything else. This was largely due to Spike Milligan being a fucking insane genius, and Peter Sellars having the voice of a 1,000 characters. In fact Monty Python would credit the Goon Show as a huge influence in their surrealist comedy. I did love Rowan Atkinson in Black Adder and a lot of the 80's Comic Strip stuff. Black Books is excellent btw.

I'm going to get slaughtered for this but I can still listen to The Day the Laughter Died by Andrew Dice Clay and be howling. By far his greatest gig even though it's lewd and crass.
Dave Allen is great :thumb: