What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Pandemonium

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4451 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:48 pm

One of those weeks so far. My wife is recovering from major foot surgery and has been bed ridden 90% of the time (whether she likes it or not), so there's a decent amount of stress keeping her comfortable and happy.

Then the last few nights we noticed our dog acting REALLY weird late night - doing strange shit like trying to climb up on kitchen counters (she's a 15 year old Lab with hip problems), the toilets and climb in and out of the bath tub, crying, and generally acting like she's on speed or something. Whatever was happening peaked overnight last night, she kept both us up all night then kind of collapsed early this morning and would hardly move, laying on her pad with this sad look in her eyes. I took her to the vet late today and he confirmed her organs are shutting down and she had to be put to sleep. Such a fun, quirky dog, would swim with me in the pool and ocean, loved to sit on the couch with other people as if she was a person. I'm pretty wrecked tonight. I know I'll get over it but I don't think I'm going to get another dog, maybe ever again.

Buh-bye, puppy pal.

nausearockpig

#4452 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:54 pm

Oh noooooooooooo Pandy... so sorry to hear about your pup.. The pain of losing a pet is a terrible thing. I pass you many an e-hug from across the way... :wave: :3some:

Squee

#4453 Post by Squee » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:07 pm

:nyrexall:
So sorry for the loss of your pup Pandemonium.
She was a beauty for sure.
Sounds like she was a great companion to you for many years.

We had to put down a beloved family Persian cat a couple of years ago ,x-Bleu,
who I had gotten during the relapse tour in 1997 as a kitten
- she made it to 17 years old. Daily trips to the vet for over 6mos trying to save her failing kidneys.
It's tough for sure to say good-bye.
Hang in there.
:gh:

nausearockpig

#4454 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:16 pm

So sorry to hear that Squee - we recently had to put down my Maine Coon of 17 years.. he was the best cat ever and I miss him every day.

mockbee

#4455 Post by mockbee » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:17 pm

Sorry about your loss panda. That has to be a tough one.

:wavesad:

perkana

#4456 Post by perkana » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:11 am

Sorry Pande :wavesad:

kv

#4457 Post by kv » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:06 am

chin up panda :pat:

Matz

#4458 Post by Matz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:20 am

sorry to hear that, I've been there, one's heart is in a blender

Larry B.

#4459 Post by Larry B. » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:39 am

So sorry, mate. I would only wish this type of pain to my worse enemies. A big hug for you.

creep
Site Admin

#4460 Post by creep » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:05 am

:wavesad:

chaos

#4461 Post by chaos » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:09 am

She looks like a very happy dog sitting with you. My condolences for your loss Pande. :wavesad:

Artemis

#4462 Post by Artemis » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:42 pm

Sorry to hear about your pooch, Pande. :nyrexall:

Artemis

#4463 Post by Artemis » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:53 pm

Fuck Draino! :mad:

For the last couple of weeks the water in my bathroom sink has been draining really slowly. So, tonight I checked it out and saw that there was a lot of hair accumulated. I thought, "No problem, I'll take it out and add a little Draino." To fish out the hair, I used a wooden skewer which worked beautifully. I removed what I could but the water was still draining slowly. I added Draino(twice) and now the water does not go down at all. I called over one of my neighbours to check it out and he said I'm going to have to call a plumber to snake the drain. I'm not calling an emergency plumber tonight;the other drains seem to be working fine, nothing backing up or making weird noises.

creep
Site Admin

#4464 Post by creep » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Artemis wrote:Fuck Draino! :mad:

For the last couple of weeks the water in my bathroom sink has been draining really slowly. So, tonight I checked it out and saw that there was a lot of hair accumulated. I thought, "No problem, I'll take it out and add a little Draino." To fish out the hair, I used a wooden skewer which worked beautifully. I removed what I could but the water was still draining slowly. I added Draino(twice) and now the water does not go down at all. I called over one of my neighbours to check it out and he said I'm going to have to call a plumber to snake the drain. I'm not calling an emergency plumber tonight;the other drains seem to be working fine, nothing backing up or making weird noises.
give the draino time. it might still work. if every other drain is fine then probably your p-trap is clogged with hair. it's usually not easy to get off but if you or someone that lives in your building has a pipe wrench take it off and clean it out. let the draino work overnight though. if a plunger will fit over your drain try that too to force the clog through the trap.

it is hard though to get the ptrap back on without leaking. these little zip it things work good with hair. you can get them at most hardware stores.

nausearockpig

#4465 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:09 pm

i recently had a plumber tell me draino doesn't work for more than very light clogging - this is after i put two containers of the shit through our drain... he had to pull it apart and clean it out. I had to do the same under our kitchen sink.

I had found that our bathroom sink/basin ran slowly and saw on the interweb that a good way to clear it is to put dishwashing liquid and boiling water through it a bit. a couple tablespoons of DWL + a kettle full of boiled water mixed in the basin then let it drain. I did that five or six times and it helped make it drain faster.. that's more of an ongoing prevention rather than cure though....

Pandemonium

#4466 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:55 pm

Be careful if you decide to use a plunger on your sink. You can possibly plunge the sink so forcefully as to pop the "U" joint under the sink unleashing a torrent of trapped, stinky water.... As I've done in the past. At the very least, pull everything out from under the sink and stick a small plastic trash can or tupperware bin to catch any possible water leakage when messing with the sink. Quite honestly, getting a plumber to snake the sink is your best bet as the line is probably going to get blocked again sooner rather than later if you manage to get some drainage with over the counter drano or whatever.

BTW, thanks all for the kind words about my ol' pup. She had a good 15+ years.... Can't be bummed about that.

Hype

#4467 Post by Hype » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:25 am

I've fixed a few drains with two different cheap tools.

The cheapest and simplest is this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Zip-It-Bath- ... /100665735 (I can't find them online at Home Hardware or Home Depot or Lowe's but I know they all have something like this).

Wear dishwashing gloves though, because the plastic can be sharp and you have to really fiddle with it. Also, you've already used draino... so probably a bad idea to use bare hands.

If that doesn't work, there are cheap versions of an auger that you can snake down the drain but have a little claw on the end. That worked for me when I had a drain clocked with tile grout pieces from a stupid builder. :lol:

Artemis

#4468 Post by Artemis » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:19 pm

Thanks for all the great suggestions, guys! :tiphat:

This morning when I woke up the water in the sink went down about an inch, if that. I tried the plunger again with more vigor and brought up some gunk and a bad smell. I did exactly what Pande said NOT to do. :lol:

I decided to leave it to the professionals;a plumber is coming tomorrow. I also have a dripping kitchen faucet which needs to be looked at as well.

kv

#4469 Post by kv » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:11 pm

broke a molar sunday night eating of all things pizza...finally get in to the dentist today and good news no crown needed he said it was a clean looking break and he can fix with a big filling...sweet! was just thinking pull it not wanting to pay 3g for a crown so i was stoked...so he shoots me up and then shoots me up again...then sent me home...fucking shit wouldn't numb me...will prob hit me in an hour then i will drool all over myself all night...now i have to wait till saturday for round 2 :banghead:

perkana

#4470 Post by perkana » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:43 pm

kv wrote:so he shoots me up and then shoots me up again...then sent me home...fucking shit wouldn't numb me...will prob hit me in an hour then i will drool all over myself all night...
Picture please! :hehe:

creep
Site Admin

#4471 Post by creep » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:45 pm

kv wrote:broke a molar sunday night eating of all things pizza...finally get in to the dentist today and good news no crown needed he said it was a clean looking break and he can fix with a big filling...sweet! was just thinking pull it not wanting to pay 3g for a crown so i was stoked...so he shoots me up and then shoots me up again...then sent me home...fucking shit wouldn't numb me...will prob hit me in an hour then i will drool all over myself all night...now i have to wait till saturday for round 2 :banghead:
your dentist doesn't have nitrous?

Cowchips1997

#4472 Post by Cowchips1997 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Was your dentist able to do the filling? I am in the field.

Cowchips1997

#4473 Post by Cowchips1997 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:20 pm

So sick of these shootings. Orlando is super close; my husband and I ( straight people ) go to Hamburger Marys for their charity bingo a couple times a month. Folks there are super dear, good people that are always willing to help anyone. I am not turning this into Facebook; just frustrated as rat fuck.

creep
Site Admin

#4474 Post by creep » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:40 pm

some day....
2017 Masters Daily Tournament Tickets Random Selection

We have completed the random selection process for 2017 Daily Tournament tickets and regret to inform you that your application was not selected for tickets.

creep
Site Admin

#4475 Post by creep » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:41 pm

oh...and having to get up tomorrow at 3am to catch a flight is annoying me right now too...