Re: What's annoying you today?

#4503 Post by Ganondorf » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:31 am

:kv: :cheers:

:coffee:

creep
Site Admin

#4504 Post by creep » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:36 pm

Pandemonium wrote:My neighbors who are the worst trailer trash had a huge 4th of July party on their front lawn yesterday shooting off all sorts of rockets, etc until well after midnight last night. This morning, I wake up to my entire front and back of house, pool and cars carpeted with with pieces of exploded fireworks and trash all over the street.
my next door neighbors are sort of white trash. they sit in lawn chairs in their garage every night and drink beer. they were lighting off fireworks last night that shook my house. i like them though. they give me beer so they get a pass.

Cowchips1997

#4505 Post by Cowchips1997 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:22 pm

We are those white trash neighbors. 2 armadillos charged our front door at 4 AM this morning and my husband proceeded to chase them around the lawn while shooting his pellet gun. Shooting at live animals in the burbs doesn't go over well with the neighbors at anytime of the day. Blaming the armadillos this time.

Artemis

#4506 Post by Artemis » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Cowchips1997 wrote: 2 armadillos charged our front door at 4 AM this morning
omg...that would have freaked me out! seems like odd behavior for armadillos. i don't know much about them, mainly that they're shy creatures and have bad eyesight.

perkana

#4507 Post by perkana » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:27 am

A woman who began streaming video on Facebook immediately after her boyfriend was shot by police in suburban Minneapolis, Minn., says he had been stopped for a broken tail light — and that he was licensed to carry a gun. The killing of Philando Castile, 32, is the second fatal encounter between police and a black man to gain national attention this week.
Castile's girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds — who uses the name Lavish Reynolds online — began streaming video to Facebook from the car in which she'd been riding with Castile and her 4-year-old daughter.

We'll embed the video here, with the warning that it contains images that viewers might find disturbing: https://m.facebook.com/100007611243538/ ... 837922975/

"Stay with me," Reynolds says at the start of the video, as her boyfriend clutches his right side.

"We got pulled over for a busted tail light in the back," Reynolds says, beginning to tell her story in a video that lasts for nearly 10 minutes. "The police just ... he's covered."

"They killed my boyfriend," she says as Castile sits in the car, occasionally crying out. "He's licensed to carry. He was trying to get out his ID and his wallet out his pocket. And he let the officer know that he was — he had a firearm, and he was reaching for his wallet. And the officer just shot him in his arm."
Reynolds is then interrupted by the shouts of a police officer who tells her to keep her hands where he can see them. As he speaks, he's pointing the gun inside the car.

"I told him not to reach for it!" the officer yells, as he seems to take deep breaths. "I told him to get his hands up."

"You told him to get his ID, sir — his driver's license," a remarkably composed Reynolds answers.

She then looks at her boyfriend and says, "Oh, my God, please don't tell me he's dead. Please don't tell me my boyfriend just went like that."

The officer, who works for the St. Anthony, Minn., police department, then tells her to keep her hands where he can see them.

"Please don't tell me this, Lord, please Jesus don't tell me that he's gone," Reynolds says. She later adds, "Please officer, don't tell me that you just did this to him. You shot four bullets into him, sir."

More than a minute into the video, other police officers order Reynolds out of the car. She complies — asking about her daughter as she does so (the video shows that the girl is being held in the arms of an officer).

A police officer then orders Reynolds to get on her knees, where we hear the sound of handcuffs being placed on her. Her phone is tossed onto the ground, but continues to record. The recording then captures the sound of an officer — seemingly the one who shot Castile — periodically yelling an obscenity.

Reynolds' phone is then returned to her as she sits in the back seat of the police car with her little girl. Toward the end of the video, Reynolds becomes more emotional, screaming and saying, "I can't believe they did this."

As Reynolds cries, her daughter tells her, "It's OK mommy. It's OK, I'm right here with you." :nyrexall:

Castile was later pronounced dead at a local hospital, family members tell the Star Tribune.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... line-video

Ganondorf

#4508 Post by Ganondorf » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:00 pm

yeah that's a rough one :mad:

Ganondorf

#4509 Post by Ganondorf » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:04 pm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... kpack.html

Student Drug Informant Found With a Bullet in His Head and Rocks in His Backpack
It was November 2013, and Sadek had never been in trouble before. Months earlier, he’d sold a small amount of pot—$20 and $60 worth—to a narc at his school, the North Dakota State College of Science.
Sadek was in the crosshairs of a local task force, which searched his dorm room and found a plastic grinder with marijuana residue. A day later, he was in an interrogation room with Richland County sheriff’s deputy Jason Weber.
Weber warned the baby-faced student he was facing 40 years in prison and a $40,000 fine for peddling weed on campus.

“Obviously, you’re probably not going to get 40 years, but is it a good possibility you’re going to get prison time if you don’t help yourself out? Yeah, there is,” Weber said during the recorded interview. “That’s probably not a way to start off your young adult life and career, right?
“What I’m going to ask for you to do is do some buys for me… then depending upon how you do… a lot of this could go away,” Weber added.

A frightened Sadek swore not to tell a soul about the undercover ops. He never spoke to his parents or a lawyer. He was encouraged to ferret out dealers and heavier drugs on his own, footage of the interview shows. The video was released to local media last year under open-records requests.
Six months later, Sadek turned up dead. Authorities pulled his body, bound to a backpack full of rocks, from the Red River. There was a bullet hole in his head. Police tried to tell his parents, John and Tammy Sadek, he committed suicide, Tammy Sadek told The Daily Beast.

Two years later, and the Sadeks still have no answers about how their son died—but they believe he was murdered as a result of the informant gig.

nausearockpig

#4510 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:02 pm

fucking old prick in his shitty old Lexus reversed his car into the back of ours in the coffee shop parking lot. While my wife was in the car. Then drove off!!! No damage but still.. wtf man.. fucking old people. need their fucking eyes tested every 12 months...

Pandemonium

#4511 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:57 pm

nausearockpig wrote:fucking old prick in his shitty old Lexus reversed his car into the back of ours in the coffee shop parking lot. While my wife was in the car. Then drove off!!! No damage but still.. wtf man.. fucking old people. need their fucking eyes tested every 12 months...
I'm sure I told this story years ago about one of the times we visited my wife's parents in Tucson, AZ. They were in their late 70's/early 80's and everyone in the family had been on them for a few years that they were getting to be dangerous drivers. They'd both hit their mailbox so many times, it looked like a flight recorder from a plane crash and both cars had numerous dings and dents from various fender-benders.

Anyway one morning during our visit, mom-in-law goes out for a early morning drive for coffee (and a smoke, she used to hide that habit from everyone... poorly) and comes back when everyone else is just getting up for breakfast. I go out to get something out of our rented minivan and see this huge dent in the sliding side door - she had obviously clipped the van pulling in or out of the driveway and there was matching paint damage on her front bumper. I tell my wife and she waits the entire morning for her mother to say something about the damage until she finally blows up and confronts her - which she at first denies. They *never* gave up their driving privileges although Father-in-Law pretty much stopped driving his last year alive.

nausearockpig

#4512 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:00 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:fucking old prick in his shitty old Lexus reversed his car into the back of ours in the coffee shop parking lot. While my wife was in the car. Then drove off!!! No damage but still.. wtf man.. fucking old people. need their fucking eyes tested every 12 months...
I'm sure I told this story years ago about one of the times we visited my wife's parents in Tucson, AZ. They were in their late 70's/early 80's and everyone in the family had been on them for a few years that they were getting to be dangerous drivers. They'd both hit their mailbox so many times, it looked like a flight recorder from a plane crash and both cars had numerous dings and dents from various fender-benders.

Anyway one morning during our visit, mom-in-law goes out for a early morning drive for coffee (and a smoke, she used to hide that habit from everyone... poorly) and comes back when everyone else is just getting up for breakfast. I go out to get something out of our rented minivan and see this huge dent in the sliding side door - she had obviously clipped the van pulling in or out of the driveway and there was matching paint damage on her front bumper. I tell my wife and she waits the entire morning for her mother to say something about the damage until she finally blows up and confronts her - which she at first denies. They *never* gave up their driving privileges although Father-in-Law pretty much stopped driving his last year alive.
Clearly pride > public safety....

clickie

#4513 Post by clickie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:57 pm

I live in south florida so theres a lot of old folks here. Some guy the other day was trying to fuel up his car but the nozzle wasnt even connected to where the gas goes on his car. He poured like 5 gallons of gasoline on the parking lot before i intervened

Bandit72

#4514 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:05 am

clickie wrote:I live in south florida so theres a lot of old folks here. Some guy the other day was trying to fuel up his car but the nozzle wasnt even connected to where the gas goes on his car. He poured like 5 gallons of gasoline on the parking lot before i intervened
Whereabouts? I'm flying to Miami in a couple of weeks. Heading up to Bradenton.

clickie

#4515 Post by clickie » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Bandit72 wrote:
clickie wrote:I live in south florida so theres a lot of old folks here. Some guy the other day was trying to fuel up his car but the nozzle wasnt even connected to where the gas goes on his car. He poured like 5 gallons of gasoline on the parking lot before i intervened
Whereabouts? I'm flying to Miami in a couple of weeks. Heading up to Bradenton.

I'm over on the gulf side in southwest fl. Its called bonita springs. About 20 minutes south of the swf airport. You shouldve just flown there. Some of my neighbors are from england, switzerland, germans, canadians, midwesterners, jersey folks, even alaska. We have all kinds of people in this area.

Cowchips1997

#4516 Post by Cowchips1997 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:44 pm

Bandit, when you going to be in Bradenton?

Bandit72

#4517 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:01 pm

Cowchips1997 wrote:Bandit, when you going to be in Bradenton?
I'm here now. In fact I'm staying a couple of miles from Anna Maria island just off Cortez Road West. Today I drove down to Sarasota and stopped close to Siesta Key and got loads of sharks teeth with the kids. I also got burned to a crisp :neutral:

It's much hotter this year than last year.

clickie

#4518 Post by clickie » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:55 am

I ruined two pairs of my favorite blue jeans today by accidental splashing bleach on them. I colored in the spots with dark blue marker though and its barely noticeable especially at night probably.

crater

#4519 Post by crater » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:03 pm

Image :jasper:

clickie

#4520 Post by clickie » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Thats etty right? Shes just reassuring perry that he can have her anytime he likes.

Matz

#4521 Post by Matz » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:40 am

Dave's "5" favorite guitar players:
Gilmore, Van Halen, Rhodes, Page, Hendrix, Vai, Gilbert, Ash, Edge… Can’t do only 5
Randy Rhoads and Paul Gilbert are in there?! Rhoads was a very good player, but he was basically a Van Halen rip off. Paul Gilbert!? Why!? Good player of course but not someone you'd ever put in a top 5.He should have gone with John 5 instead of Gilbert and Trent instead of Rhoads :bored:

kv

#4522 Post by kv » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:05 pm

For his own favorites? :confused:

Pandemonium

#4523 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:42 pm

Matz wrote:Dave's "5" favorite guitar players:
Gilmore, Van Halen, Rhodes, Page, Hendrix, Vai, Gilbert, Ash, Edge… Can’t do only 5
Randy Rhoads and Paul Gilbert are in there?! Rhoads was a very good player, but he was basically a Van Halen rip off. Paul Gilbert!? Why!? Good player of course but not someone you'd ever put in a top 5.He should have gone with John 5 instead of Gilbert and Trent instead of Rhoads :bored:
Rhoads is iconic. I have no idea why anyone, even hardcore NIN fans would consider Trent Reznor an influentual or iconic guitar player. If I flipped Gilmore for Geordie from Killing Joke and any number of other favorites (Stevie Ray Vaughan, Brian James, Gary Moore, Malmsteen, etc) for the shred-heads Gilbert and maybe Vai as well, that would be my list too.

Bandit72

#4524 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:43 pm

Right, I have a gripe. Now I don't want to tarnish everyone on here (from the states) with the same brush because I'm confident most of you are immune from my gripe. But anyway, maybe some of you stateside share some of my feelings.

I just got back from a great time in Florida with my kids. Yet I noticed, once again, that a lot of Americans can't fucking drive to save their life.

1. The majority don't indicate...on ANY road. I'm not a mind reader.
2. Drivers on the freeway do not pay attention to how fast they are travelling in relation to what lane they are in. So basically there is zero lane discipline causing ridiculous traffic flow on a four lane road.
3. Cutting people up by undertaking and then overtaking really is a cuntish thing to do. Even more so when you don't FUCKING INDICATE.
4. Hardly anyone, in fact this year NO ONE, acknowledged me for letting them in from either a junction or from changing lanes when they were in a tight spot. It's like you're expected to do it.
5. FAR too many use their phones behind the wheel and are not concentrating on the road. (This is now illegal in the UK).

I am well aware that I can only speak for Florida, and my interstate experience has only been on the i75. Sarasota to Miami this morning wasn't toooooo bad, but the majority is basically one straight road.....until you get to Miami (which I hate) and no one gives a fuck how they drive.

Maybe it's just me, and I'll hold my hand up and say I don't know every single bit of the American Highway Code but a lot of it is common sense. I DO like turn right on a red though.

Maybe I'm just pissed off that I'm back off holiday :bored:

clickie

#4525 Post by clickie » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Dude believe me, the bad driving is more of a florida thing than a US thing. I'm not blaming all Floridians either, because people from up north drive overly aggressive also when theyre down here.