What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
perkana

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4976 Post by perkana » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Worst week ever...my best friend had a mastectomy on Wednesday and today Anthony Bourdain committed suicide.

kv

#4977 Post by kv » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:25 am

I get this odd voice message around 11pm... mentioning my uncle and a number to call...sounded scammy...I look the number up online...it comes back LA County Coroner...fuck

So my mom's brother, my uncle, who was really more my older brother as he was only 8years older than me, died in his sleep at 55, bad heart.

So next morning as I am driving my mom to the coroner...she asks if I know what today is?...what would have been my mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary.......ugggggg fucking life...he also died to bad ticker at 55....so when I ever stop posting..........

Anyway my uncle basically molded my musical taste...and while it's evolved into a different beast...his impact is at the foundation of my music life...no uncle Kevin raising me on Led Zeppelin, Bowie, punk rock and Smith's prob doesn't lead me to being into bands like Jane's...gawd knows all my friends hated what I dug

My interest in music, art, antiquities, history, antiques are all heavy impacted by him ...and then he was just my brother too...sucks

Thanks for the rant :banghead:

Artemis

#4978 Post by Artemis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:24 am

Sorry for your loss, kv. Your uncle sounds like he was a really great guy. :gh: :heart:

chaos

#4979 Post by chaos » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:17 am

kv - my condolences for your loss. :gh:

nausearockpig

#4980 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:55 pm

Sorry for your loss kv.

Pandemonium

#4981 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:31 pm

Sorry to hear about you and mother's loss, KV. Uncle Brother sounds like a great guy, you were lucky to have someone close who exposed you to so much good music, etc.

kv

#4982 Post by kv » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:52 pm

I'm certain the three of us have shared a room on a few occasions

Thanks for the kind words folks...I appreciate this place as the one place online I can rant where real people really care tyty

creep
Site Admin

#4983 Post by creep » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Every repair I have had to make in my car has required having to tear everything apart to get to the part. This is what I had to do to get to a leaky $60 AC evaporator. Next weekend I get to see if I can put it back together without having too many nuts and bolts left over and every electrical wire plugged in.
IMG_20180720_183236802_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180720_183236802_HDR.jpg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 9164 times

nausearockpig

#4984 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:37 pm

If you leave it uncovered it’ll look like the DeLorian from Back To a the Future

crater

#4985 Post by crater » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:51 pm

So I finally got around to getting one of those Roku things. I've had it for about a week and it's been pretty cool so far. Only for some reason after working fine for the first 3 innings it decided to black out the rest of the A's game on me. I've been able to watch previous A's/Giants games fine up until last night and now it's saying they are blacked out.

I've tried searching for a fix but so far I've been unable to find an answer :waits:

creep
Site Admin

#4986 Post by creep » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:07 am

I got a haircut today and the girl asked me if I was 65 so I can get a discount. :nyrexall: :nyrexall: :nyrexall:

Hype

#4987 Post by Hype » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:34 pm

Well, did you take the discount?

Larry B.

#4988 Post by Larry B. » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:07 pm

creep wrote:I got a haircut today and the girl asked me if I was 65 so I can get a discount. :nyrexall: :nyrexall: :nyrexall:

That fucking sucks, man.

nausearockpig

#4989 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:34 pm

Larry B. wrote:
creep wrote:I got a haircut today and the girl asked me if I was 65 so I can get a discount. :nyrexall: :nyrexall: :nyrexall:

That fucking sucks, man.
Do you look old, or was she just a dumb cunt?

Artemis

#4990 Post by Artemis » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:55 am

creep, I had a similar thing happen to me recently. I was at the drugstore and after the cashier rang up my order, she informed me that she gave me the Senior's Day 20% discount. I was stunned for a moment and thought, Jesus am I looking so old already?? I wanted to show her ID that I wasn't even close to 65! :mad: :nyrexall: :lol:
On the plus side, I did get the discount. Maybe it had to do with the items I was picking up- stuff for my mom. :noclue:

Artemis

#4991 Post by Artemis » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:03 am

So far today, I'm annoyed that at 10:01-one minute after the on-sale-, tickets for the TIFF Midnight Madness showing, and world premiere of Halloween are already gone! :mad:

Jamie Lee Curtis and David Gordon Green will be at the screening with a Q&A session.

i will keep trying...

Juana

#4992 Post by Juana » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:48 am

Had to finally bite the bullet and put down one of my pups yesterday, he had EPI didn't take too well to the treatment and got to the point where the only humane thing to do was put him down. I've had to do it before but those were dogs that were ready to go, he was still eating like a vacuum. I also fucking hate the term "putting them to sleep" because he stayed fixated on me and his gaze is still in my head as he went.

SR

#4993 Post by SR » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:31 am

It might be crazy, but putting my pups down (especially one of them) was more difficult than holding both my parents hands as they left. It is probably due to the palliative care and support systems that are in place, and in my dad's case his agreement with the increased morphine doses. The pups were completely dependent on my decision and it was far more difficult to access their quality of life. In one case, with the first, I waited way too long. I did with both actually, but the first was brutal. I am a rock in all these situations, but fall apart when the dust settles. In the case of the first, I had set my mind to scatter his ashes in the ocean right at the step of our old place in Venice. I got really fucked up and parked on Navy, swam out to the third break at around 10 PM and let him go. I walked back to watch my truck being towed. I walked up and down Main St drenched in nothing but my trunks, drunk and despondent in the middle of December...people avoided my like I had leprosy. When I picked up my truck, the guy who released it happened to be the guy who towed it and he had a German Shepard with him. I told him the background on the night and he looked me straight in the eye and said if I had told him, he would have dropped the truck then and there.

Anyways, take care of yourself mang. Chances are you were the best thing that happened to the pup; they're the best. :wavesad:

Juana

#4994 Post by Juana » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:51 am

Yeah I'm doing my best to not give in and resort to getting hammered the other dogs are not handling it well as I had one pass on the operating table last year and now this, they keep wandering around looking for him or just whining in his crate. Just telling myself that we outlive them so they can teach us love and compassion.

SR

#4995 Post by SR » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:03 am

Yeah, dunno where a mezcal reprieve takes you, but for me it's not good.....I get to the point where I am willing to trade some really dark shit for the couple of hours of relief....just can't go there myself. Be careful. As a result of the first one, I couldn't go in with the second. I still regret it, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. My third is now 13...at the max for the breeds LE. It's been in the back of my mind pretty constantly in the last year. We do outlive them; it just fucking hurts...a lot

Juana

#4996 Post by Juana » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:30 am

Yeah I don't regret being in there with him no matter how haunting it is right now, would break my heart even more after hearing stories of the dog wondering where their owner is. I knew I was going to have to put him down a week ago, mentally prepared myself and everything and having to do it I still balled my eyes out after for about 4 hours in the parking lot of the vet.

And yeah a bender is not what I need (though I did drink half a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of champagne last night while crying myself to sleep) I'm working on figuring out how I can help with EPI which is misdiagnosed very often, because as heart breaking as it was to be in that room watching him waste away and not want to go was even worse. So maybe if I can help another pet owner not have to experience that then I can turn this into a positive.

kv

#4997 Post by kv » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:09 pm

Fucking dogs...after I was driving home after putting Willy down I was wrecked...my mom called...off hand asked if I'd get another..."of course" at my lowest point as a pet owner in my life...but still zero doubt I'd do it all again...that's how much they mean...we'd crawl through broken glass for the good...because it's so worth it

Juana

#4998 Post by Juana » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Having the other three here right now is a blessing and a curse but I'm glad they're here. But even if they were not of course I would have gotten another one, they're our best friends for a reason. I did almost lose my shit last night when someone said "I understand its sad but its just a dog", instead I just left and continued my wallowing at home. Some people get it and some don't.

Took this pic about a month ago and it crept into my head I was going to have to put him down, he'd lost 25% of his body weight by that point and the vet didn't realize to check for EPI because he was still eating and drinking like normal. Come to find out his body was digesting its self and just passing the food thru.

For reference this was him a few months before that

And damn right we would crawl through broken glass for them, especially since they will do it for us.

perkana

#4999 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:40 am

I have a music festival coming up soon. Usually, I get more excited when it gets closer, but this time I'm dreading it. I don't know if I want to go for two days just to see a couple of bands I'm interested in. I only want to see the Chemical Brothers and maybe NiN (I'm not a huge fan, but I've always thought that I would see them if they played a festival here). I think I'm looking forward more to Robbie Williams. He's funny :noclue:

wally

#5000 Post by wally » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:55 pm

I had an eye doctor appt the other day and got a scrip for reading glasses.