What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Matz

Re: What's annoying you today?

#476 Post by Matz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Warped wrote:My sister :banghead:

She has been away for 7 years now, no contact, nothing. We had no clue where she is, if she is still alive, we texted her in the first years, no response. I gave up. I have my own life, my family. I just could not care anymore. :noclue:

Now she wrote a letter to my other sister claiming money from us. And not a bit, a lot. She will lose her flat, has no job, no money, nothing. No word why she refused to keep in contact with us for those 7 years.

What the hell does she expect us to do? What would you do? It makes no sense to give her the money (even if we had it available) It is like throwing it into the garbage. She never had a proper job, never "liked" to work. She was in hospital for 5 months, no word why.
I am speechless.
:banghead:
that's pretty heavy. I can relate to having impossible siblings, even though mine are 8 and 12 years older than me they often act as if they're 25 years younger. They haven't pulled anything like this though.
I would ask her to explain why she's acted this way in the past 7 years and see if her story makes sense and then take it from there. And if it doesn't make sense and she seems to be just using you then I'd consider if that's a good foundation for having any kind of relationship with her.

Artemis

#477 Post by Artemis » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:12 pm

@Warped: Like the guys said, you are in a heavy and difficult situation. No doubt you are going through many emotions right now. :gh:

Turncoat

#478 Post by Turncoat » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:13 pm

...just briefly... totally hypothetical...

what combination of otc medication would be deadly? Like what would work with something else to do enough to do it fast and painlessly? What's a lethal dose... and what's the cheapest, fastest way to get there? Like "Oh, you have 8 Advil PM's, an allergy pill, and a shot of whiskey and your heart stops."
:noclue:

Hype

#479 Post by Hype » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Turncoat wrote:...just briefly... totally hypothetical...

what combination of otc medication would be deadly? Like what would work with something else to do enough to do it fast and painlessly? What's a lethal dose... and what's the cheapest, fastest way to get there? Like "Oh, you have 8 Advil PM's, an allergy pill, and a shot of whiskey and your heart stops."
:noclue:
Coke and pop rocks.

Jasper

#480 Post by Jasper » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Cut the shit, Bob. Obviously we wouldn't tell you that, and obviously you could easily find that info on your own, so that means you're attention whoring.

I know you've got problems, but we can't help you on that level, so take it to the shrink. If you need to have yourself committed, go ahead and do that.

Hype

#481 Post by Hype » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:35 pm

:wiggle:

Yeah, that's right... black people. :lol:

perkana

#482 Post by perkana » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:40 am

had a bittersweet reunion with one of my uncles (the one who got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer)
He didn't look as bad as I expected and he was quite optimistic. Guess I'm just dreading the moment when all starts to fade :sad:

Juana

#483 Post by Juana » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:04 am

Trying to learn a live version of a Zakk Wylde tune and I can't quite figure out a string skip

Warped

#484 Post by Warped » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:01 am

Thanks for the kind words guys. :wave:

I think she only contacted my sister because of the money. She waited all those years until the ship sunk in the ocean and now she thinks, oh well i have a family, let's see if i can convince them to help me out. My fear is that she contacts my mother - who is 76, physically fit but that would be an emotional desaster for her. She just got a bit over the fact that she "lost" one daugther and if she now gets to know all that...my brother said "that would lead to her death" :cona: :cona:
I will try to get some info on the net whether she could possibly get money from my mother (don't know - maybe she has the legal right to claim some from her) but i need to be sure about that. I hope she does not try to contact me.
I feel so disturbed, i don't want my life to be in trouble (again) because of her just not getting how life works. :eyes:
My hubby has some health problems - which isn#t always easy to cope with, we have a kid to raise...life is not cheap. Fuck.
My sister tried to contact her by phone but apparently it got cut. She does not answer on mobile phone.
I wish she hadn't wrote that letter.

Turncoat

#485 Post by Turncoat » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:00 pm

Jasper wrote:Cut the shit, Bob. Obviously we wouldn't tell you that, and obviously you could easily find that info on your own, so that means you're attention whoring.
I honestly don't know how to look for something like that... I know side effects of certain drugs, but I don't know how they interact. Plus no legitimate site would make such information openly available to the public and easily searched... The pop rocks/coke and mentos/coke factoids are pretty much the full extent of my understanding of otc chemical reactions.

That's why I'm asking for just basic information. I don't want to inadvertently cancel shit out while just destroying my organs. A point in the right direction. Nothing too specific, if you don't wanna do that... but just a sort of "Here, ya lazy slob... this site will tell ya what you need..." or helpful hints... "Well, this many unisoms mixed with this chemical cause this..."

Silverlining... no more posts like this from this guy... :nod:

...again, sorry... I like writing this stuff as much as other people like reading it. I don't like being that guy. I hate those guys. I'm sick of this shit.

blackcoffee

#486 Post by blackcoffee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Does anyone know anyone in Bob's family? At the very least someone should contact them and mention his suicidal ideation.

nausearockpig

#487 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:44 pm

so Bob, there's nowhere where you could go and volunteer a few hours a day or nowhere that you could go for an entry level or bottom of the pile job? Anything?

Artemis

#488 Post by Artemis » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:47 pm

They must have some idea. I think Bob posted that someone in his family is paying for his meds and expenses. I may be wrong...I recall reading something like that in his epic thread on xiola. :noclue:

blackcoffee

#489 Post by blackcoffee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:03 pm

nausearockpig wrote:so Bob, there's nowhere where you could go and volunteer a few hours a day or nowhere that you could go for an entry level or bottom of the pile job? Anything?
There are likely tons of place Bob could be useful. It might require a lot of time on his part and a little bit of hustle, but....

Hype

#490 Post by Hype » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:41 pm

blackcoffee wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:so Bob, there's nowhere where you could go and volunteer a few hours a day or nowhere that you could go for an entry level or bottom of the pile job? Anything?
There are likely tons of place Bob could be useful. It might require a lot of time on his part and a little bit of hustle, but....
The problem with Bob's brain is that no matter how useful he actually is, if he's in a down phase he can't see himself as anything but useless... it's not his conscious brain actually observing and judging himself, it's his brain-chemistry fucking up his inner feel for who he is and what he's capable of. Of course the dude could do all kinds of things... but as was said several hundred (if not thousand) times on the old Xiola thread... dude needs to take his meds PROPERLY, not smoke pot or drink alcohol, and talk to someone real when shit gets bad. It sucks, but it's not complicated.

crater

#491 Post by crater » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:59 pm

My brain

Artemis

#492 Post by Artemis » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:38 pm

The increase in shootings in my city.

Since the end of December there have been shootings daily. I hope this isn't a preview of how 2012 is going to be. :sad:

nausearockpig

#493 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Artemis wrote:The increase in shootings in my city.

Since the end of December there have been shootings daily. I hope this isn't a preview of how 2012 is going to be. :sad:

that's fucking hardcore..

crater

#494 Post by crater » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:03 pm

The Christians that are all upset and sending many nasty tweets to Jessica Ahlquist because the court ruled in her favor

http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2012/jan/ ... ar-893775/

:crazy:

Pandemonium

#495 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:13 pm

crater wrote:The Christians that are all upset and sending many nasty tweets to Jessica Ahlquist because the court ruled in her favor

http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2012/jan/ ... ar-893775/

:crazy:
Most of the comments under that article make me bummed there's so many stupid, self-righteous people out there.

Matz

#496 Post by Matz » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:39 pm

nausearockpig wrote:

yeah, it is...perhaps there are a few too many guns on that continent :noclue:

Artemis

#497 Post by Artemis » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Matz wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

i agree with that 100%

the shootings here are mostly young people(under 25) and gang/drug related. it makes me really sad and angry.

creep
Site Admin

#498 Post by creep » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:05 pm

Artemis wrote:
Matz wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

i agree with that 100%

the shootings here are mostly young people(under 25) and gang/drug related. it makes me really sad and angry.
according to that one michael moore documentary canada never has shootings.

Lokus

#499 Post by Lokus » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:08 pm

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Matz wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

i agree with that 100%

Actually, most of the illegal guns in Canada used in crimes are imported from the States.

Also, although some of those Bowling for Columbine scenes were shot in Toronto (the no one locks their doors stuff), Toronto is basically American in the eyes of most other Canadians. :lol:

Artemis

#500 Post by Artemis » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:12 pm

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Matz wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

i agree with that 100%

:lol: yeah, that was a little ridiculous.

sure in small towns and cities it's very rare,but it's in the bigger cities for sure.