Re: What's annoying you today?

#826 Post by Artemis » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:58 pm

down with people! :mad:

motherfuckin sons of penis dripping bastards! :lol:

nausearockpig

#827 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:03 pm

lol

an old manager of mine once said "we'd be a lot better off if we could replace all these people with robots..." he was talking about the staff that worked for him.. I was one of those who worked for him....

He's an accountant and a software programmer.. that explains a lot!! :lolol:

Pandemonium

#828 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Artemis wrote:I'm a little annoyed with my neighbours and their kid. He makes a lot of noise. I know he can't help it, but when I come home after working all day,I do not wish to be subjected to all that racket he makes. I have a right to peaceful enjoyment of my property. At the moment, I am not getting much peace or enjoyment. They put their apartment up for sale, hopefully they'll get some offers soon.
I ever tell the story of the next door neighbor who used to be a self employed "gardener?" (so here goes whether I did or not, heeheehee)

This fuckin' guy shared a common wall between my condo and his apartment which happened to be the master bedroom on our side. he was a chronic drunk, spend his evenings at this shitty dive bar around the corner, come home at 2am, fire up... the chainsaw and carve up tree stumps into Tiki Idols in the middle of his living room to sell at local swap meets on the weekends. My wife and I had just had our son and he was up all night crying anyway and we were both working full time so getting woken up at 3am by a chainsaw on the other side of the bedroom wall quickly grew old. It got worse when he started letting transients sleep in his garage. One night I caught some bum pissing on my fence, he goes running up the stairs into the apartment they lock the door and start blasting 70's disco music and I'm ready to go nuclear. My landlord who was a big floppy pussy wouldn't do jack shit about the guy even though he was two months behind on his rent ("I don't need the trouble" - "uhh, like my wife and I do?!?"). Within a month we had scraped together 20K and bought our first house and got the fuck outta there.

perkana

#829 Post by perkana » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:51 am

I've had the same Spanish old woman as a neighbour for 15 years now. When she talks to her family she screams, and she sounds like someone is killing her. Plus, when I see her outside my place, she has to tell me about all the other neighbours, wish it was only that, she corners me and starts poking at me. Now I just avoid her. Oh yeah, I forgot, he once told my brother that she was worried about me because I let a lot of men inside my apartment (classmates, I was the only girl for a long time in class and we used to study or have get togethers at my place)

mockbee

#830 Post by mockbee » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:09 am

mockbee wrote:Cathay Pacific Airways.

Terrible, terrible, terrible customer service. After two weeks of dealing with them I may be out $2,600 with no restitution and no trip. Their internet booking modification features are a false front and their 800 number has been chronically "busy" for over a week.

I have a flight reserved SFO-HKG and have a connecting flight that was cancelled. I had to reschedule the cancelled flight on a separate airline and have to change my Cathay flight to line up with it. I tried making the flight change online and thought that I had completed the transaction, I got a confirmation email that said it was changed and to change all corresponding hotel/transport arrangements. I never received my e-tickets so I tried calling the 800 number several times each day (the ONLY number they have) and it was busy for a week. I sent an email to their customer service a couple times and received no response. I was getting very concerned. Yesterday I drove to the airport, paid for parking, and spoke to a ticketing agent. They were of no help. They said my booking change request is not confirmed and they have no way of putting me on a different flight unless I cancel my current flight and pay $1,900 for a new ticket (they said it's "booked" but there are seats if you pay the price. Online it shows half the seats are available. :noclue: ). And the only way to be put on a waiting list is to call the 800 number that, for all I know, is a fake line leading to an answering machine.

That is the current state of affairs and reading reviews on other sites, it doesn't look promising. BEWARE Cathay Pacific Airways if you need any sort of customer service whatsoever. (meaning the privilege to speak to a person or computer who can do something)

I would love opportunity to just complain about stiff seats, poor food and snarky attendants............. :no:
OK, to continue, I decided to stop by the Cathay Pacific North America Corporate Headquarters and pay them a visit.....

It is this vault of a building downtown, actually the Tiffany Building. I showed up in the lobby and the attendant seemed quite skeptical of my motives since I was wearing beat-up Carhartts and had a big motorcycle jacket and helmet. Probably not the best attire for business but I had stuff I needed to do later, and I told myself if I looked tough maybe they would know I meant business...... :lol: :noclue: He lets me up to the third floor and there is just this long dark hall and nondescript doors with key codes and phones attached to them. Oh, boy..... I have to look at the small text carefully to see what each door leads to and finally I find the corporate office and it's just a laundry list of names and extensions with the business name in small print at the top. Hmmmmmmm..... whoooooo should I call........ Marketing....no, no, no nooooooooo. Regional Sales Manager....... probably not. Marco Polo/First Class Managing Agent......... yeah, right. Live Animal Breeding Transport Agent.....wtf? Human Resources Personnel Manager....okay now we are getting closer, though HR doesn't always mean HR. Customer Service Relations Manager................. Yessssssss, this man Andrew is the person I want to call. I dial his extension and get a message saying to call his Google phone and leave a message because he is often in transit and may be in Hong Kong at this time........ great. Where are the women on this call list? They would help me...... I call Cindy Lam - Financial Analyst, seems like a nice enough name...... probably perky, friendly. She answers and I give her my abbreviated story and end with "this is urgent and I am waiting out front if someone could help me." She seems genuinely concerned and says she will come let me in. Oh, goodie, she's pretty too and approaches the door like there is a wet puppy outside waiting to be let in. I say thank you for letting me in and she guides me to a plush seat and there seems to be a commotion in the office, like 'we must help this gentleman'.... I almost think they are going to bring tea or something. I was stunned. A man comes walking up and asks if he can help me and I explain the situation and he says he is so sorry and asks to see my original tickets and change request. He has bad breath, but I don't care. I'll kiss this man if he can help me. He says that they just transitioned to a new booking system and its been a little clunky. He says that since I have an email confirmation of a booking change it doesn't matter that I don't have an e-Ticket yet. They are processing requests in order of immediacy and my flight isn't imminent. The flight is in June, but I had a hell of a time getting the flights I did almost two months ago, so I didn't think it was going to be any easier if I had to start from scratch today. He took my tickets and change request and said he would make a copy of them and keep an eye on them and to expect a ticket in about 2 weeks and I asked if I could call him if I hadn't seen anything, he said 'Certainly, my name is Andrew, I was on the phone when you called, I apologize'......... I am going to kiss you. So apparently the lady at the airport ticket counter was full of shit......my booking request confirmation, where it says you can change other arrangements, does mean something. I felt I got a little short with the lady at the airport at the end but not anymore........ I suppose I should wait for the ticket to actually show up....but I am feeling a lot better about the situation. I left the office on cloud 9 and raced across the bridge to Oakland on my bike, because as always..... I was late.
creep wrote:yeah try to dispute the charge but that will fuck your trip. i was curious and i called the 800 number and got through. call from a different phone???
keep going with the lottery thing creep, you might be on to something...... :lol:
Last edited by mockbee on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Larry B.

#831 Post by Larry B. » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:17 am

perkana wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot, he once told my brother that she was worried about me because I let a lot of men inside my apartment (classmates, I was the only girl for a long time in class and we used to study or have get togethers at my place)
:lol: What a fucking old hag!

I'd say most people in Chile are like that, though. Talking about their neighbors is their specialty. 'Hey, I saw the Perez today and they were carrying just ONE bag of groceries. I hear that Mr. Perez lost his job so now they wipe their asses with the dog. So they manage to save on toilet paper and dog shampoo. Oh, and I overheard them talking about us while they were having lunch. Noisy assholes, you shouldn't eavesdrop on your neighbors!'

It's one of the most annoying habits of my compatriots. Or at least, one of the ones I despise the most.

Annoying me today: slightly, a translation job that's really boring but pays well.

Larry B.

#832 Post by Larry B. » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:26 am

mockbee wrote:OK, to continue, I decided to stop by the Cathay Pacific North America Corporate Headquarters and pay them a visit.....
That's pretty good! It doesn't take away from the fact that their most immediate customer service seems to suck balls, but at least you got a satisfactory solution. :thumb:

BTW, I LOVE the word "perky". This is the image that immediately comes to mind:

Matz

#833 Post by Matz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:02 am

shit that's hot...auchhhh

perkana

#834 Post by perkana » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:50 am

that woman is always perky :lol: I thought it was because they turned on the ac higher on set during Friends, but apparently she's perky all the time

perkana

#835 Post by perkana » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:51 am

Larry B. wrote:
perkana wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot, he once told my brother that she was worried about me because I let a lot of men inside my apartment (classmates, I was the only girl for a long time in class and we used to study or have get togethers at my place)
:lol: What a fucking old hag!

I'd say most people in Chile are like that, though. Talking about their neighbors is their specialty. 'Hey, I saw the Perez today and they were carrying just ONE bag of groceries. I hear that Mr. Perez lost his job so now they wipe their asses with the dog. So they manage to save on toilet paper and dog shampoo. Oh, and I overheard them talking about us while they were having lunch. Noisy assholes, you shouldn't eavesdrop on your neighbors!'

It's one of the most annoying habits of my compatriots. Or at least, one of the ones I despise the most.

Annoying me today: slightly, a translation job that's really boring but pays well.
yup, and I have two bullies on my floor, the joys of not having to see them all day long

Pandemonium

#836 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:49 pm

I managed to score a numbered edition (#410 of 418 copies) of Jimmy Page's "Lucifer" soundtrack from Page's website and finally got it in the mail today. Unfortunately, it appears The Jimmy skimps on packaging and basically shipped the recorded in a old used flattened box with zero protection.... This is what I got:

Amazingly the record itself is in perfect condition but I'm pissed that for nearly $70 US, I got a poorly packaged product.

Add to that, I heard a very slight "buzzing" from one of my $7,000 Legacy Focus speakers and discovered the Midrange Dome somehow got "dimpled."

Larry B.

#837 Post by Larry B. » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Pandemonium wrote:one of my $7,000 Legacy Focus speakers
7k? holy shiat on a stick-a

Matz

#838 Post by Matz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:22 pm

I'd love to hear those speakers, they better sound amazing at that price.

Hype

#839 Post by Hype » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Matz wrote:I'd love to hear those speakers, they better sound amazing at that price.
They must... http://www.legacyaudio.com/products/view/focus-hd/

Crazy. I like my $100 tower speakers. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#840 Post by creep » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:53 pm

i haven't played music through my home stereo in probably 5 years.

sinep

#841 Post by sinep » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 pm

Pandemonium wrote: Add to that, I heard a very slight "buzzing" from one of my $7,000 Legacy Focus speakers and discovered the Midrange Dome somehow got "dimpled."
when i was 2 or 3 i went around and did that to all of my dad's super expensive speakers.

do you have a 3 year old?

kv

#842 Post by kv » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:10 pm

creep wrote:i haven't played music through my home stereo in probably 5 years.
same here

nausearockpig

#843 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:11 pm

work. The people in work. The everything.

Larry B.

#844 Post by Larry B. » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:52 am

nausearockpig wrote:work. The people in work. The everything.
Dimple their speakers. That'll show'em.

clickie

#845 Post by clickie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 am

sinep wrote:
Pandemonium wrote: Add to that, I heard a very slight "buzzing" from one of my $7,000 Legacy Focus speakers and discovered the Midrange Dome somehow got "dimpled."
when i was 2 or 3 i went around and did that to all of my dad's super expensive speakers.

do you have a 3 year old?

I know, thats what I was thinking...someone mustve fucked with your speakers when u werent home.
i doubt it happened while you were moving them around.
you need to gently suction it back out with the vacuum cleaner...

perkana

#846 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:49 am

I cancelled last month a phone line because I didn't use it (I got it when I used dial up) and because I started getting charged calls I didn't make. Now I only got one line and they are doing the same thing with this one. Fuckers! :mad:
Good thing is I can call the phone service and they will drop this one, but if I get them regularly they will start making excuses and blame me.

Artemis

#847 Post by Artemis » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:44 am

I hate how my company allows a lot of things to slip through the cracks with the India associates. I guess the increase in the bottom line makes it acceptable to compromise standards and quality. :eyes:

Larry B.

#848 Post by Larry B. » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:30 am

Annoying me a little: Today I thought about taking a one-week vacation in Canada. I looked online for tickets, just to have an idea on how much it'd cost me, and there was always some sort of malfunction with the websites I visited. Air Canada, AA, TAM, and LAN. I finally found out how much it'd be, but I took those failures as a bad omen...

The sad thing is that this goes way deep into my life. I actually know the life I will begin in 2 more years, tops. I do like what I see, but every once in a while (e.g., now) I get a bit freaked out. Because I KNOW. And the universe lets me know there's no other way around it. I know I have to save money. And then I say 'oh well, let's see... maybe I can go for a few days to Easter Island...' Then I realize it's pretty expensive and I say 'fuck that'.

creep
Site Admin

#849 Post by creep » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:46 am

Larry B. wrote:Annoying me a little: Today I thought about taking a one-week vacation in Canada. I looked online for tickets, just to have an idea on how much it'd cost me, and there was always some sort of malfunction with the websites I visited. Air Canada, AA, TAM, and LAN. I finally found out how much it'd be, but I took those failures as a bad omen...

The sad thing is that this goes way deep into my life. I actually know the life I will begin in 2 more years, tops. I do like what I see, but every once in a while (e.g., now) I get a bit freaked out. Because I KNOW. And the universe lets me know there's no other way around it. I know I have to save money. And then I say 'oh well, let's see... maybe I can go for a few days to Easter Island...' Then I realize it's pretty expensive and I say 'fuck that'.
the last time i checked it was really expensive for me to fly to toronto. it would probably be a lot cheaper to fly to buffalo. i just checked and it is $400 for me to fly to buffalo and $700 to fly to toronto. you can see niagra falls on the way. :noclue:

Larry B.

#850 Post by Larry B. » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:54 am

creep wrote:
Larry B. wrote:Annoying me a little: Today I thought about taking a one-week vacation in Canada. I looked online for tickets, just to have an idea on how much it'd cost me, and there was always some sort of malfunction with the websites I visited. Air Canada, AA, TAM, and LAN. I finally found out how much it'd be, but I took those failures as a bad omen...

the last time i checked it was really expensive for me to fly to toronto. it would probably be a lot cheaper to fly to buffalo. i just checked and it is $400 for me to fly to buffalo and $700 to fly to toronto. you can see niagra falls on the way. :noclue:
From USD 1,200 for a 25-hour flight and from USD 1,400 for a 13 hour-flight. And that's only the airfare. I bet I could make some money back as a beggar over there.

I guess it's just not the time. :noclue: