What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
creep
Site Admin

Re: What's annoying you today?

#1026 Post by creep » Fri May 04, 2012 9:55 am

Larry B. wrote:
perkana wrote:not only there have been earthquakes during the past two months, the volcano Popo is on yellow alert and my city is supposed to get some ashes, that we have to close windows shut and these days it has been bloody hot. I'm starting to think that I should look for some other place to live.
holy shit!
larry loves hearing this stuff. it all feeds in to his world ending theory. seven more months and we can all laugh at him.

Hype

#1027 Post by Hype » Fri May 04, 2012 10:04 am

creep wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
perkana wrote:not only there have been earthquakes during the past two months, the volcano Popo is on yellow alert and my city is supposed to get some ashes, that we have to close windows shut and these days it has been bloody hot. I'm starting to think that I should look for some other place to live.
holy shit!
larry loves hearing this stuff. it all feeds in to his world ending theory. seven more months and we can all laugh at him.
And I get my books. :thumb:

Essence_Smith

#1028 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri May 04, 2012 10:33 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
creep wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
holy shit!
I like KRS One's take on the whole 2012 thing...

farrellgirl99

#1029 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Mariano Rivera tore his ACL and has potentially ended his season/career. I don't think it's normal how upset I am.

Larry B.

#1030 Post by Larry B. » Fri May 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
creep wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
holy shit!
:lol:

My theory (that you keep referring to as 'end-of-the-world' theory) has nothing to do with natural disasters, but with nuclear attacks.

It's gonna happen.

And I'll get my books.

What if someone nukes Hype's city and he dies? Whom should I offer my condolences to and request my books from?

Hype

#1031 Post by Hype » Fri May 04, 2012 1:32 pm

No one will nuke my city. (A) I'm in Canada. (B) I'm not in Toronto. (C) I'm nowhere near the closest big American city. The local bison is really tasty up here though.

Larry B.

#1032 Post by Larry B. » Fri May 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:No one will nuke my city. (A) I'm in Canada. (B) I'm not in Toronto. (C) I'm nowhere near the closest big American city. The local bison is really tasty up here though.
Worst Episode Ever wrote:GENERAL
If you're watching this tape, you are the President of the United States. Hello, sir, or ma'am. Hopefully sir.

BART
Got that right!

He high-fives Milhouse. On the tape, the general walks over to a map of Springfield.

GENERAL
Springfield has been classified "NWB," for "Nuclear Whipping Bhoy." In the first moments of a nuclear war, Springfield will be bombed at will by all friendly nations to calibrate their missiles. (the kids cheer) Now for total security, I will terminate the cameraman.
Just sayin'... you never know.

perkana

#1033 Post by perkana » Fri May 04, 2012 2:16 pm

I just know that according to every disaster movie, Mexico will always survive :lol:

Hype

#1034 Post by Hype » Fri May 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:No one will nuke my city. (A) I'm in Canada. (B) I'm not in Toronto. (C) I'm nowhere near the closest big American city. The local bison is really tasty up here though.
Worst Episode Ever wrote:GENERAL
If you're watching this tape, you are the President of the United States. Hello, sir, or ma'am. Hopefully sir.

BART
Got that right!

He high-fives Milhouse. On the tape, the general walks over to a map of Springfield.

GENERAL
Springfield has been classified "NWB," for "Nuclear Whipping Bhoy." In the first moments of a nuclear war, Springfield will be bombed at will by all friendly nations to calibrate their missiles. (the kids cheer) Now for total security, I will terminate the cameraman.
Just sayin'... you never know.
Good point. There is a military base in this town, too. :lol:

perkana

#1035 Post by perkana » Mon May 07, 2012 1:42 pm

fuck, I need someone to slap me or something, I'm falling asleep...it's so nice outside and I'm stuck in here working :sad: I'm only looking forward to thursday (mother's day which is a day off for me :wiggle: )

crater

#1036 Post by crater » Tue May 08, 2012 6:02 am

Maurice Sendak died

:wavesad:

Pandemonium

#1037 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Ebay is becoming more and more of a pain in the ass to sell stuff on. Now they require a credit card from the seller (aka: me) to "back up" their "buyer protection plan." Between the eBay and Paypal fees, it's almost a 20% ding off whatever the sell price is of an item. Not to mention for certain stuff like CDs and Records, eBay has a set maximum shipping price the seller can charge which is absurdly low for 2012.

nausearockpig

#1038 Post by nausearockpig » Tue May 08, 2012 9:09 pm

the people "running" this project i'm working on.

A third party SAP programmer is writing a new IT system (that we use to manage spare parts orders and repairs) that my team will use to provide a service to our client. We go live on 15th July, we have no user guides ready yet (nine weeks till go live), we have no training plan (to train us as super users) we have no plan for training end users..

The powers that be "feel there is a bit of dissatisfaction and unhappiness in the team". Oh. My. Fucking. God.

We've got hundreds of test cases to go thru and we've taken 90 mins to go thru one! We have to CAT at the same time as being trained so we can train others later... It's hilarious.

this is fucking fucked.

mockbee

#1039 Post by mockbee » Tue May 08, 2012 10:18 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Ebay is becoming more and more of a pain in the ass to sell stuff on. Now they require a credit card from the seller (aka: me) to "back up" their "buyer protection plan." Between the eBay and Paypal fees, it's almost a 20% ding off whatever the sell price is of an item. Not to mention for certain stuff like CDs and Records, eBay has a set maximum shipping price the seller can charge which is absurdly low for 2012.

I always use Amazon to sell stuff. It's worked pretty well as long as you get over $5 for the item that you are selling, otherwise you spend your share on shipping, Amazon's allotment is pretty measily. Other than that though, they take like an 8% or 10% cut of the sale price...... so not bad for the service they provide.

creep
Site Admin

#1040 Post by creep » Tue May 08, 2012 10:32 pm

mockbee wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Ebay is becoming more and more of a pain in the ass to sell stuff on. Now they require a credit card from the seller (aka: me) to "back up" their "buyer protection plan." Between the eBay and Paypal fees, it's almost a 20% ding off whatever the sell price is of an item. Not to mention for certain stuff like CDs and Records, eBay has a set maximum shipping price the seller can charge which is absurdly low for 2012.

I always use Amazon to sell stuff. It's worked pretty well as long as you get over $5 for the item that you are selling, otherwise you spend your share on shipping, Amazon's allotment is pretty measily. Other than that though, they take like an 8% or 10% cut of the sale price...... so not bad for the service they provide.
i've used both and amazon is definitely the easiest to use. last time i sold something on amazon i had the option of sending the items to them and they would ship and fulfill the order for a little more of a cut. i liked that idea especially if you are selling a lot of books. just put them in one big box and let them deal with the rest.

Pandemonium

#1041 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 08, 2012 10:58 pm

creep wrote:i've used both and amazon is definitely the easiest to use. last time i sold something on amazon i had the option of sending the items to them and they would ship and fulfill the order for a little more of a cut. i liked that idea especially if you are selling a lot of books. just put them in one big box and let them deal with the rest.
Yeah, I'm gonna give Amazon a shot.

Warped

#1042 Post by Warped » Thu May 10, 2012 12:59 pm

German soccer, yeah i am a fan but today i hate it. :banghead:

Larry B.

#1043 Post by Larry B. » Thu May 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Friends and relatives who think I'm some kind of fucking cheap millionaire.

Yeah, IBM and Microsoft realized they have too much money, so they recently decided to be extra-nice to their outsourced translators.

Stupid fucks.

What pisses me off the most is that I know they earn more than what I do, but they are kinda scared that I might make more money :hs:

Assholes. I hate all this shit. I'm usually pretty comfortable talking about money and about MY money, until the pseudo-jokes start. I'm not a closet millionaire, I'm a fucking middle-class worker.

Matz

#1044 Post by Matz » Thu May 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Larry B. wrote: What pisses me off the most is that I know they earn more than what I do, but they are kinda scared that I might make more money :hs:
yeah, well, they're insecure then, very simple. You're threatening them, which isn't something you should feel guilty about of course

dali

#1045 Post by dali » Thu May 10, 2012 7:31 pm

I eBay as a side job. Ebay is just a necessary evil because they've cornered the market.

Amazon can't compete with ebay. eBay's market share is just so much larger.

The ONLY force that could possibly beat eBay is if google or facebook started an acution/sales site.

Juana

#1046 Post by Juana » Thu May 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Biopsy on my left lung which fucking sucks because I do not and never have smoked anything but weed. But it is what it is. Here's to another year of shittiness.

dali

#1047 Post by dali » Thu May 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Juana wrote:Biopsy on my left lung which fucking sucks because I do not and never have smoked anything but weed. But it is what it is. Here's to another year of shittiness.
Weed is smoke. Just saying, why would you expect something different than if it were cigs?

Juana

#1048 Post by Juana » Fri May 11, 2012 12:19 am

It was testicular cancer more detailed embroynal carcinoma and I have been in remission since July of last year, so its kind of bumming. Oh well another battle another win coming.

Hype

#1049 Post by Hype » Fri May 11, 2012 12:28 am

Juana wrote:It was testicular cancer more detailed embroynal carcinoma and I have been in remission since July of last year, so its kind of bumming. Oh well another battle another win coming.
Prognosis is extremely positive. http://www.thedoctorsdoctor.com/disease ... testis.htm Even in relapse.

Wishing you well, Juana.

Jasper

#1050 Post by Jasper » Fri May 11, 2012 12:47 am

Juana wrote:Biopsy on my left lung which fucking sucks because I do not and never have smoked anything but weed. But it is what it is. Here's to another year of shittiness.
Well, fuck. I hope I hope everything's OK. Nothing's such a pain in the ass when you've got to deal with health issues.