What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Artemis

Re: What's annoying you today?

#81 Post by Artemis » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:40 pm

The new shower curtain and liner I hung up today really stinks! I mean a chemically stink.
I have all the windows open in my place to air out the smell.

Pure Method

#82 Post by Pure Method » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:47 pm

I don't like that people say 'Never Forget' on 9/11. It carries a connotation of retribution to me, which, is deeply upsetting, unsettling, not to mention the fact that our history of retribution for 9/11 in large part has been a massive clusterfuck.

I understand that it's about honoring the victims and heroes who lost their lives and/or saved others on that day (which i am MORE than fine with). I just wish there was a better slogan/way of emphasizing them and their memories.

And in case it is not clear, I mean no offense.

Artemis

#83 Post by Artemis » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Pure Method wrote:I don't like that people say 'Never Forget' on 9/11. It carries a connotation of retribution to me, which, is deeply upsetting, unsettling, not to mention the fact that our history of retribution for 9/11 in large part has been a massive clusterfuck.

I understand that it's about honoring the victims and heroes who lost their lives and/or saved others on that day (which i am MORE than fine with). I just wish there was a better slogan/way of emphasizing them and their memories.

I know what you mean. That slogan is kind of dumb.Those who weren't too young or suffering from Alzheimers will have the memory forever, seems pointless to say it. If there's going to be a slogan, I think something that is honorable and with an optimistic message for the future would be appropriate.

perkana

#84 Post by perkana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Well we use a slogan like that for October 2nd (student massacre at a square in 68)...In Spanish is : "2 de octubre no se olvida" kinda like: October 2nd will never be forgotten. I like it, it's just now part of our history/culture

Juana

#85 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:58 pm

I think that its a bad slogan but I can not really think of a better one

Pure Method

#86 Post by Pure Method » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:27 pm

Juana wrote:I think that its a bad slogan but I can not really think of a better one
yeah, I'm in the same spot, but I'm sure one exists, or could.

Turncoat

#87 Post by Turncoat » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:49 am

"shit happens" :noclue:

...I've had Star Man and Ziggy Stardust stuck in my head all morning. Better than Kreayshawn, for sure... but the same parts over and over...

SR

#88 Post by SR » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:33 am

Pure Method wrote:I don't like that people say 'Never Forget' on 9/11. It carries a connotation of retribution to me, which, is deeply upsetting, unsettling, not to mention the fact that our history of retribution for 9/11 in large part has been a massive clusterfuck.

:thumb:

Larry B.

#89 Post by Larry B. » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:52 am

First day of my allergy season, which should last until some time in May of 2012.

:bored:

perkana

#90 Post by perkana » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:35 pm

I didn't feel like doing shit today...I'm not feeling sick or anything, just wasn't in the mood. And I'm glad I only have to come to work 3 days this week, we have a long weekend

Artemis

#91 Post by Artemis » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Skiddles the bird is annoying me.

He's been here less than 1 hour and already he's getting on my nerves. He's squawking and making a racket...being a bird, I guess.

I agreed to look after a co-workers bird while she is on vacation. He likes a lot of attention and wants to sit on your shoulder all the time. I don't mind him sitting on the shoulder, it's the nestling in my hair I don't really like. Anyway, 6 more days until he leaves. :lol:

I've never had a bird before. I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to this.

He's not even meaty enough to eat.

perkana

#92 Post by perkana » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:37 pm

I would hate it if he pooped on my shoulder too or all over the place...Is he trained? one of my neighbours used to have birds and they would poop in flower pots...

Larry B.

#93 Post by Larry B. » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Artemis wrote:Skiddles the bird is annoying me.

He's been here less than 1 hour and already he's getting on my nerves. He's squawking and making a racket...being a bird, I guess.

I agreed to look after a co-workers bird while she is on vacation. He likes a lot of attention and wants to sit on your shoulder all the time. I don't mind him sitting on the shoulder, it's the nestling in my hair I don't really like. Anyway, 6 more days until he leaves. :lol:

I've never had a bird before. I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to this.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

set him free and purchase a new Skiddles right before this co-worker arrives. Even if it costs $100, it'll be worth it.

kv

#94 Post by kv » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:55 pm

what type of bird? most can be quieted down with a sheet over the cage

creep
Site Admin

#95 Post by creep » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:14 pm

anyone that owns a bird has mental issues. :crazy:

kv

#96 Post by kv » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:40 pm

thanks alot!

Juana

#97 Post by Juana » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:02 pm

creep wrote:anyone that owns a bird has mental issues. :crazy:
What if its like a falcon?

creep
Site Admin

#98 Post by creep » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:19 pm

Juana wrote:
not quite as weird if you keep it outside. if it's in your house making noise and shitting it's probably more weird. if i go to someone's house that has birds making noise i fully expect to find some dead bodies in the basement.

Jasper

#99 Post by Jasper » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Artemis wrote:The new shower curtain and liner I hung up today really stinks! I mean a chemically stink.
I have all the windows open in my place to air out the smell.
That shit is poison. You should hang it outside for a few days.

Turncoat

#100 Post by Turncoat » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:43 am

It's 100% true... maybe not to the extent of killing other people, but there's a certain masochism involved.

My sister had a bird that was really cool. It was small, quiet, friendly, cute... awesome... then it eventually died.
My mom was tricked into taking in another bird. It never stops screeching, it's vicious, and nobody likes it. I've left the cage outside with the door open on many summer days, hoping that it'll fly away and find new adventures with other birds... but it doesn't leave the cage. It stays... just to make me suffer.

birds are awful.

ellis

#101 Post by ellis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:22 am

I need a new job. Mine is boring now.

chaos

#102 Post by chaos » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:36 pm

I hate Comcast. We cancelled our cable and telephone in July. I still have the internet with them because the only other option is Verizon.

Yesterday a Comcast guy was parked across the street and accidently disconnected our internet. It was a nightmare trying to get someone to take me seriously. You would think all they would need to do would be to dispatch the guy and tell him to turn it back on - but noooooo. It took several hours and phone calls, and a lot of yelling to get someone to come back TODAY. They wanted me to wait a week even though it was their screw up.

I hate Verizon.

After the Comcast fiasco I called Verizon. I blocked out some time for the 6 hour FIOS installation appointment and agreed to get a bundled package. (It was kind of funny when the rep was telling me about their wonderful phone service when halfway through the call her line went haywire and it sounded like she was drowning.)
I cancelled the appointment an hour later for MANY reasons - among them: The price I agreed to was not the same as the email confirmation I received. Also their website states no contract required, yet I had to agree to a two year contract with a $240 termination fee. They offered the world when I cancelled the appointment which further annoyed me. I hate playing these games.

I will stick with the devil I know.

Whine over. :blah:

Pandemonium

#103 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:27 pm

chaos wrote:I hate Comcast. We cancelled our cable and telephone in July. I still have the internet with them because the only other option is Verizon.

Yesterday a Comcast guy was parked across the street and accidently disconnected our internet. It was a nightmare trying to get someone to take me seriously. You would think all they would need to do would be to dispatch the guy and tell him to turn it back on - but noooooo. It took several hours and phone calls, and a lot of yelling to get someone to come back TODAY. They wanted me to wait a week even though it was their screw up.
Comcast is imo, the worst major internet provider in the country. My in-laws in Tuscon AZ have Comcast for internet and phone and it's pretty much their only option in the area at least for internet outside of dial-up. They're constantly having service interruption issues, some hardware some software related. It was a huge pain in the ass setting up what should have been an easy in-home wireless network because of the way Comcast purposely sets up their service. One time while we were there visiting, they lost both phone and internet, and Comcast couldn't get someone out for 2 days. I went out behind their house just to poke around to see how everything's hooked up and was floored to see unprotected cabling just laying on the ground going to a main junction box on a dirt road behind the homes. Sure enough, some cables had been chewed on by rodents....

Artemis

#104 Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:59 pm

kv wrote:

what type of bird? most can be quieted down with a sheet over the cage
he's a green cheeked conure.
last night i covered him from about 9:30-7am. i think he was pissed off because his feathers around his neck were ruffled when i uncovered him. he didn't peep or anything and just turned away. :lol:
i let him out of his cage when i got home from work this evening and gave him a cashew. he climbed up my arm and went to my shoulder where he is now preenng my hair and making a cute contented sound that's almost like a deep churp. maybe the bird equivalent of a purr?

Artemis

#105 Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Juana wrote:
falcons are cool.

i recall a time when i was working in a hotel in london and a guest kept ordering steak cooked 'blue'. for those who don't know that is rarer than rare. the guys in the kitchen thought it was odd because it's extremely rare-no pun intended-for people to order 'blue' steak. turned out it was some Saudis keeping a falcon in one of the rooms. :lol: