What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
perkana

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4861 Post by perkana » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:58 am

The only grandparent I have left is dying...It has been getting worse since Monday. She would have turned 95 this year, but I don't think she's going to make it to her birthday :sad:

kv

#4862 Post by kv » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm sorry Perk

For me my dog had a cough took him to the vet...enlarged heart, 5.5-6 heart murmur and in full congestive heart failure....basically "your dog is fucked, now give us a grand and go home"

Fuuuuck

On top of that I was just dialing in my vacation plans to go back east so that's off now...at least I hadn't bought my plane tix

I had just dodged a huge breast cancer scare with my mom a couple weeks back that turned out to be a fluid filled cyst

Fuck we all go through it...sometimes life just comes too fast...just couched up with my pup trying not to ball like a baby

Larry B.

#4863 Post by Larry B. » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Sorry, man... this shit sucks.

chaos

#4864 Post by chaos » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:19 pm

@kv I'm glad things worked out for your mom.
Sorry about your dog; that's rough. You have been very good to him. :gh:

Artemis

#4865 Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:48 pm

I should just copy what chaos said because I want to say the exact same thing.

Good news about your ma, glad it wasn't the 'C'. Sorry to hear about your pooch, sucks. :gh:

kv

#4866 Post by kv » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:24 am

Thank you for the kind words folks...

I tend to keep my private life...well...private around here...i mostly just bullshit about the little things...crazy to think I've been here before I even had the dog...time flys

wally

#4867 Post by wally » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:00 pm

My grandmother passed away this morning.
It was time but it still stings.

Larry B.

#4868 Post by Larry B. » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Sorry to hear that, Wally. Big hug from across the globe.

chaos

#4869 Post by chaos » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:26 pm

@ wally My condolences. :gh:
My maternal grandparents were more like parents to me. They owned a two-family house and we lived downstairs from them. When I was little I didn't realize this type of setup wasn't the norm until I made friends who had to travel (across town! :lol: ) to see their grandparents.

Artemis

#4870 Post by Artemis » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:24 pm

I'm sorry for your loss, wally. My condolences to you.. :gh

My grandparents were gone before I was born. You're fortunate to have had a relationship with your grandmother;cherish the memories.

SR

#4871 Post by SR » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:38 am

Ah, Wally....Sorry. From experience, I usually advise that when confronted with loss close in the family and the heart to take care of the immediate tasks but to not ignore oneself thereafter. Best.

wally

#4872 Post by wally » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:53 am

Thanks to all of you for the kind words.

kv

#4873 Post by kv » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Sorry Wally...chin up bud

Wow this thread sucks lately eh?

Let's get back to every day annoying...like traffic sucked or my neighbor is too loud.... geez

wally

#4874 Post by wally » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:24 pm

kv wrote:Sorry Wally...chin up bud

Let's get back to every day annoying...like traffic sucked or my neighbor is too loud.... geez
yeah getting old sucks. reminds me of this song..

you're right though, so...
On sunday night I was eating some hard candy and popped a crown off.
There goes 1200 bucks.
:wave: :balls:

perkana

#4875 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Like an 8.1 earthquake? I'm still a bit in shock. The moment you come home and 3 days later, wham bam, welcome back.

Pandemonium

#4876 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:33 pm

Some grim stuff here lately. Maybe this'll lighten the mood a bit......

So Sunday night, I was having this slightly annoying feeling like I had an ingrown hair above my upper lip just below my nose in the moustache area. Nothing to see, wrote it off and went to bed. Woke up the next morning and much of the right side of my mouth was completely numb like I had just had Novocaine/dental work done. Look in the bathroom mirror and my upper lip was gigantically swollen like Mike Tyson used my face for an angry workout. No bruising or discoloration just a big ol' balloon/blubber-face. I couldn't even eat, drink or talk good, it was Elephant Man bad - it was like I had a stroke.

Get in to my doctor, who figures it was mostly likely some sort of infection or allergic reaction and gives me a round of antibiotics and a steroid - Prednisone. You know it's a bad day when I go to fill the perscrips and the first words outta the pharmacists' mouth is "wow, what happened?"

The good news, swelling goes down to normal after about 3 days and feeling in my face returns. Whatever it was, is done. The bad - I have an insane appetite and put on about 10 lbs in less then a week, get hot flashes, poor sleep and crazy nightmares and feel almost psychotic, like what I assume "'roid rage" would be. Last night was the worst, my wife was watching "Girlfriends Guide To Divorce" and I felt like I was gonna slit my wrists and had to get out of the house after dusk and go swim at the beach for an hour to mellow out. Fortunately, my doses are done and today's a lot better but holy fuck, I've never been on anything that so clearly fucks up the mind and body in so many different ways.

Now I understand what my wife's had to go through on that shit a few times (she was on Prednisone for a couple *months* when she nearly died in the hospital a couple years ago).

Oh, and my dog loves to eat her shit. Nothing I can come up with has worked to break her of this disgusting habit. She knows I don't like her doing it so she waits until I'm gone in the middle of the day to go crap out a happy meal. All those dumb supplements or additives seem like seasoning to her and at worst, give her diarrhea which she eats like it's some kinda tapioca treat.

Larry B.

#4877 Post by Larry B. » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:35 pm

perkana wrote:

Like an 8.1 earthquake? I'm still a bit in shock. The moment you come home and 3 days later, wham bam, welcome back.
I immediately thought of you when I read the news today. How are things looking for you and your family?

Annoying me today: an online platform where I do translation work for the biggest company in the world. Even they and their servers are an absolute shambles a few times per month. The problem is that if that happens, I essentially lose a day of work.

perkana

#4878 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Larry B. wrote:
perkana wrote:

I immediately thought of you when I read the news today. How are things looking for you and your family?

Annoying me today: an online platform where I do translation work for the biggest company in the world. Even they and their servers are an absolute shambles a few times per month. The problem is that if that happens, I essentially lose a day of work.
No new damages in my building/apartment. My family lives in another state that didn't feel this quake. The one in 85 was not as strong as this one (8 vs. 8.2, updated this morning) and buildings were not built well, hence all the damage and death (building construction laws have changed for the better). Last night's was farther and deeper, too. My building is 42 years old and has withstood all quakes. As much as I love my city, this is another reason (besides the unbearable pollution and the active volcano) why I want to move as far away as possible. My ancestors must have thought what a poetic and exciting place this would be to settle into :crazy: :drink:
P.S. To make this light, I was caught in the toilet when I heard the seismic alarm :lol:

chaos

#4879 Post by chaos » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 am

Bicyclists. :sui:

WARNING: Rant to follow.

I hate it when they ride up on my right, especially when they put themselves between my car and parked cars. If they want to ride in the road with cars, they should take the same road space as a car and follow the same rules. I don't care if it slows me down and takes 20 minutes away from day. I would rather be able to see them than risk maiming or killing someone because I swerved to my right to avoid a potential catastrophe that I actually could see.

I encountered three people last night who rode as though they each had a death wish. The first one snuck up on my right. I slowed down so he could pass me - which he did - although he continued to ride on the side instead of in front of me. He must have thought he was doing me a favor. The road was crazy busy with four lanes, construction, exits etc. It is not as though he is simply riding in a straight in a line. He also doesn't seem to consider if he hits a piece of debris he will not only fall, but he will fall into traffic. He got far enough ahead of me that he was able to beat the light, cross 4 lanes of traffic, and turn onto a side street (to no doubt torment another group of drivers).

Right after that I encountered two more bicyclists riding in tandem. I let them get ahead of me (although the stayed on the side :mad: ). I eventually passed them after getting a head start after a stop at a red light. I originally thought they were going to turn since the lead guy stuck his left arm straight out as though he wanted to move across lanes or something. But no; he was having an animated conversation with the guy behind him.

AND none of the three bicyclists wore a helmut.

I have been coming to grips with the new bike lanes in my town (which are essentially suicide lanes); however, yesterday's encounters were not in my area. I can't cope.

I remember, reading a couple of years ago, about an incident somewhere in Boston where a bicyclist ran a red light and a driver nearly hit him. The driver chased after him, and once he caught up, got out of his car and proceeded to punch some sense into him. I am not a violent person, but that driver is my hero. :lol:

kv

#4880 Post by kv » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Is it bad when you are going to bed at 3am and a gurgling sound is coming out of your house? What about when you walk in your bedroom and water is pushing up through the cement slab?...not a old cement slab mind you...it's just three years old...ya know from the last time the mainline broke and a plumber got rich :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Artemis

#4881 Post by Artemis » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:49 am

kv wrote:Is it bad when you are going to bed at 3am and a gurgling sound is coming out of your house? What about when you walk in your bedroom and water is pushing up through the cement slab?...not a old cement slab mind you...it's just three years old...ya know from the last time the mainline broke and a plumber got rich :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Oh man, that sucks. Having dealt with a lot of trades lately, I know it's VERY expensive to fix that kind of stuff. Those guys- and a few gals- who learned a trade arer making a ton of money!

Pandemonium

#4882 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:45 am

kv wrote:Is it bad when you are going to bed at 3am and a gurgling sound is coming out of your house? What about when you walk in your bedroom and water is pushing up through the cement slab?...not a old cement slab mind you...it's just three years old...ya know from the last time the mainline broke and a plumber got rich :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
That sucks hard. Did you pay out of pocket or did your insurance cover the original brake?

farrellgirl99

#4883 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:57 pm

my boyfriend and i broke up today. he was/is my first serious relationship/love. we lasted almost two years. it wasn't a mutual decision, but i dont have any ill will towards him other then it just being really painful.

this fucking sucks! any advice for first time heartbreak?

mockbee

#4884 Post by mockbee » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:10 pm

Sorry to hear FG.

I got no good advice.... just be sure to keep your head up and have faith time will heal.

And always be sure to love yourself no matter what.

:pat:

nausearockpig

#4885 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Sorry to hear.

Allow time to feel sad, but try to spend time with those that make you happy.