off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
ellis

Re: What's annoying you today?

#101 Post by ellis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:22 am

I need a new job. Mine is boring now.

chaos

#102 Post by chaos » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:36 pm

I hate Comcast. We cancelled our cable and telephone in July. I still have the internet with them because the only other option is Verizon.

Yesterday a Comcast guy was parked across the street and accidently disconnected our internet. It was a nightmare trying to get someone to take me seriously. You would think all they would need to do would be to dispatch the guy and tell him to turn it back on - but noooooo. It took several hours and phone calls, and a lot of yelling to get someone to come back TODAY. They wanted me to wait a week even though it was their screw up.

I hate Verizon.

After the Comcast fiasco I called Verizon. I blocked out some time for the 6 hour FIOS installation appointment and agreed to get a bundled package. (It was kind of funny when the rep was telling me about their wonderful phone service when halfway through the call her line went haywire and it sounded like she was drowning.)
I cancelled the appointment an hour later for MANY reasons - among them: The price I agreed to was not the same as the email confirmation I received. Also their website states no contract required, yet I had to agree to a two year contract with a $240 termination fee. They offered the world when I cancelled the appointment which further annoyed me. I hate playing these games.

I will stick with the devil I know.

Whine over. :blah:

Pandemonium

#103 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:27 pm

chaos wrote:I hate Comcast. We cancelled our cable and telephone in July. I still have the internet with them because the only other option is Verizon.

Yesterday a Comcast guy was parked across the street and accidently disconnected our internet. It was a nightmare trying to get someone to take me seriously. You would think all they would need to do would be to dispatch the guy and tell him to turn it back on - but noooooo. It took several hours and phone calls, and a lot of yelling to get someone to come back TODAY. They wanted me to wait a week even though it was their screw up.
Comcast is imo, the worst major internet provider in the country. My in-laws in Tuscon AZ have Comcast for internet and phone and it's pretty much their only option in the area at least for internet outside of dial-up. They're constantly having service interruption issues, some hardware some software related. It was a huge pain in the ass setting up what should have been an easy in-home wireless network because of the way Comcast purposely sets up their service. One time while we were there visiting, they lost both phone and internet, and Comcast couldn't get someone out for 2 days. I went out behind their house just to poke around to see how everything's hooked up and was floored to see unprotected cabling just laying on the ground going to a main junction box on a dirt road behind the homes. Sure enough, some cables had been chewed on by rodents....

Artemis

#104 Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:59 pm

kv wrote:
Artemis wrote:Skiddles the bird is annoying me.

He's been here less than 1 hour and already he's getting on my nerves. He's squawking and making a racket...being a bird, I guess.

I agreed to look after a co-workers bird while she is on vacation. He likes a lot of attention and wants to sit on your shoulder all the time. I don't mind him sitting on the shoulder, it's the nestling in my hair I don't really like. Anyway, 6 more days until he leaves. :lol:

I've never had a bird before. I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to this.

He's not even meaty enough to eat.
what type of bird? most can be quieted down with a sheet over the cage
he's a green cheeked conure.
last night i covered him from about 9:30-7am. i think he was pissed off because his feathers around his neck were ruffled when i uncovered him. he didn't peep or anything and just turned away. :lol:
i let him out of his cage when i got home from work this evening and gave him a cashew. he climbed up my arm and went to my shoulder where he is now preenng my hair and making a cute contented sound that's almost like a deep churp. maybe the bird equivalent of a purr?

Artemis

#105 Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Juana wrote:
creep wrote:anyone that owns a bird has mental issues. :crazy:
What if its like a falcon?
falcons are cool.

i recall a time when i was working in a hotel in london and a guest kept ordering steak cooked 'blue'. for those who don't know that is rarer than rare. the guys in the kitchen thought it was odd because it's extremely rare-no pun intended-for people to order 'blue' steak. turned out it was some Saudis keeping a falcon in one of the rooms. :lol:

Artemis

#106 Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:19 pm

after 24hrs i have concluded that i am not a bird person. i like birds but i wouldn't choose to have one as a pet.

crater

#107 Post by crater » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:50 pm

When I was 14-16 I had many pigeons. Not scrub blue bars either, but fantails, feather foots, tumblers, rollers etc. etc. Some I couldn't let out, like the fantails, 'cause they couldn't fly that well, but the tumbler/rollers, watching them flip out while flying around. It was fun.

Of course, I freely admit to having mental issues, so maybe that's why I enjoyed the pigeons then and now having the bird feeders outside :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#108 Post by creep » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:38 pm

crater wrote:
When I was 14-16 I had many pigeons. Not scrub blue bars either, but fantails, feather foots, tumblers, rollers etc. etc. Some I couldn't let out, like the fantails, 'cause they couldn't fly that well, but the tumbler/rollers, watching them flip out while flying around. It was fun.

Of course, I freely admit to having mental issues, so maybe that's why I enjoyed the pigeons then and now having the bird feeders outside :noclue:
outside birds are ok and bird feeders are fine. it's just those loud fuckers in cages in peoples houses that are questionable.

perkana

#109 Post by perkana » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:07 pm

parrots that sound like humans freak me out...

Juana

#110 Post by Juana » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Little sore and unable to run for another few months... but able to do light stuff on the elliptical but yeah its frustrating. Although having the scars where the staples were is cool because I plan on getting the grim reaper stitching me up when it heals.

guysmiley

#111 Post by guysmiley » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:42 am

Pandemonium wrote:
chaos wrote:I hate Comcast. We cancelled our cable and telephone in July. I still have the internet with them because the only other option is Verizon.

Comcast is imo, the worst major internet provider in the country. My in-laws in Tuscon AZ have Comcast for internet and phone and it's pretty much their only option in the area at least for internet outside of dial-up. They're constantly having service interruption issues, some hardware some software related. It was a huge pain in the ass setting up what should have been an easy in-home wireless network because of the way Comcast purposely sets up their service. One time while we were there visiting, they lost both phone and internet, and Comcast couldn't get someone out for 2 days. I went out behind their house just to poke around to see how everything's hooked up and was floored to see unprotected cabling just laying on the ground going to a main junction box on a dirt road behind the homes. Sure enough, some cables had been chewed on by rodents....

worst company ever, for home or business in my experience. I went with Clear and its been better for my home. :larryb: I just like that icon. :larryb: :larryb: :larryb: :larryb: :larryb: :larryb: :larryb: :larryb: :larryb: :larryb:

Romeo

#112 Post by Romeo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:32 am

people who put up big gushy status updates TO dead people on FB....
Not about the dead person, TO the dead person.
"It's been one year since you left us, Grandma..."

AS IF DEAD PEOPLE READ FB STATUS UPDATES.

Or god for that matter, the religious one annoy the shit out of me too.
:banghead:

Turncoat

#113 Post by Turncoat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:05 am

yeah, that's just the worst...

I only use FB status updates to write cryptic passive aggressive hate notes to my ex who I blocked and can't see anything I post. :blah:

(Honestly though, yeah, I hate that. I only use it for interesting, cool, or funny links... or goofy one-liners for friends)

Romeo

#114 Post by Romeo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:23 am

my FB updates never make any sense. Have nothing to do with what I am actually doing and are usually 99% funny.

I mean my best friend lost her Grandma a few months ago....yea I get it's sad....but Grandma isn't in the afterworld reading on FB how much you miss her.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit If that was the case I'd be asking my dead Mother for her cabbage soup recipe she took with her to the grave thru FB

Turncoat

#115 Post by Turncoat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:27 am

"Well, it's been 4 months, Uncle Jim... you were pretty cool. I'll never forget that summer you let me drink beer and sleep over. I can't remember a lot of it... but... oh god... oh no... Uncle Jim! No! Why?! WHY?! I was 8 years old!"

Romeo

#116 Post by Romeo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:50 am

Turncoat wrote:"Well, it's been 4 months, Uncle Jim... you were pretty cool. I'll never forget that summer you let me drink beer and sleep over. I can't remember a lot of it... but... oh god... oh no... Uncle Jim! No! Why?! WHY?! I was 8 years old!"
:lol:

see now THAT would be awesome

Turncoat

#117 Post by Turncoat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:58 am

Romeo wrote:see now THAT would be awesome
make more molested-friends.

MYXYLPLYX

#118 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:44 am

21st day in a row working ...two more to go... FUCK ME... :balls:

Pandemonium

#119 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:00 pm

This just makes me laugh:

Johnny Depp as vampire "Barnabas Collins" in the remake of the old tv soap opera "Dark Shadows:"

Either Depp is channeling Peter Murphy via The Joker this time around or Tim Burton has fuckin' flipped his wig.

chaos

#120 Post by chaos » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Artemis wrote: i like birds but i wouldn't choose to have one as a pet.

chaos

#121 Post by chaos » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:14 pm

Pandemonium wrote:

[/img]
omg :lol: I thought that stuff was supposed to go underground if it could not go above ground. (All of the wires around me are above ground on telephone poles.)

creep
Site Admin

#122 Post by creep » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:24 pm

the wires do have to go above or underground but the installer probably looked at those rocks and said screw that. most cable companies use mostly contractors and not employees to do their installs and most do a very poor job.

i deal with all the cable companies with my work and comcast probably has one of the more reliable systems but their customer service sucks. cable is based off a 30 year old way to get tv to you. relying on coaxial cable to deliver a signal is just a problem waiting to happen. it's great for me because my company makes money by fixing and maintaining their system.

if the price is right the verizon or at&t fiber to the house based system is 100000x better. satellite is great too but you have to go elsewhere for internet service.

Pure Method

#123 Post by Pure Method » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:55 pm

I need to gain weight in order to stay warm on chilly, 60 degree days... :hide:

Artemis

#124 Post by Artemis » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Pure Method wrote:I need to gain weight in order to stay warm on chilly, 60 degree days... :hide:
Why don't you just put on a sweater or light cardigan?

Long pants instead of shorts is a good idea too.

Artemis

#125 Post by Artemis » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:07 pm

I'm so annoyed with how Skiddles the bird has taken over my life and stressed me out. An example is when I uncover him in the mornings I count the hours until I can cover him again. I am thankful that it gets dark before 8pm.

I wore earplugs again today too.

My 3 days off were ruined by this bird. :mad: