What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Larry B.

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4821 Post by Larry B. » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:36 pm

wally wrote:My dog Doug had an fibrocartilagenous embolism (FCE or spinal stroke) last night. He now has limited use of his back limbs, his front right leg and messed up proprioception which means trouble standing and can barely walk. They say the prognosis isn't terrible with aggressive physical therapy, but he's 10 already. I love that little fucker and it hurts to see him like this.
That sucks, man. Give him a little pat on the head in my name. Old little fella.

nausearockpig

#4822 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:27 pm

wally wrote:My dog Doug had an fibrocartilagenous embolism (FCE or spinal stroke) last night. He now has limited use of his back limbs, his front right leg and messed up proprioception which means trouble standing and can barely walk. They say the prognosis isn't terrible with aggressive physical therapy, but he's 10 already. I love that little fucker and it hurts to see him like this.
sorry to hear this, hugs.

Matz

#4823 Post by Matz » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:34 pm

I look around and see no video of Dave playing the national anthem at the Garden yesterday or whenever it was! And we call ourselves a Jane's board. Would love to check it out. Can't find it online, it's weird :davegoatee: :davegoatee:

crater

#4824 Post by crater » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:01 pm

At first I was curious as to why they picked Dave of all people to do this, but then I remembered that his dumb tattoo show is on the same channel at Bellator.

Matz

#4825 Post by Matz » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:03 am

thanks! Sounds all right :bored:

chaos

#4826 Post by chaos » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:54 am

So sorry to hear about this. :wavesad:

chaos

#4827 Post by chaos » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:56 am

Pandemonium wrote:So, we're closing in on a month with our new Labrador and it's been tough.

We quickly discovered she has not one, but two parasite infections - giardia which is somewhat common among puppies and trichomonas which is actually rare for dogs and proving hard to treat. She basically hasn't taken a solid crap (think chocolate pudding) since we brought her home and I've been throwing pills down her throat and giving her this white goop via syringe to try and beat it. Add to that she tries to eat her poop... and she's a night owl, up all night wanting to play and howls like a basset hound on helium to get attention. It's like having a new baby. My wife and I got more sleep with our newborn son 20 years ago.
How is your dog doing?

BTW - Are you moving to Texas? (Or are you already there?)

wally

#4828 Post by wally » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:10 pm

Thanks for the thoughts friends! Happy to report Doug is doing amazingly well. On Friday I really thought we ere going to have to put him down. I was even googling "at home euthanasia". Glad I didn't make an appointment. He has been making steady progress, showing improvements every day. He can walk about 90 % normally, still occasionally drags the toes on his back leg. He tried to take off from a standing start into a full sprint yesterday and just got himself all tangled up. Twice. :lol: He can get up and down the stairs on his own now, which is nice for me because carrying a 70lb dog up and down the stairs 4 times a day starts to suck pretty quick.
Thanks again!

Artemis

#4829 Post by Artemis » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:46 pm

wally wrote:Thanks for the thoughts friends! Happy to report Doug is doing amazingly well. On Friday I really thought we ere going to have to put him down. I was even googling "at home euthanasia". Glad I didn't make an appointment. He has been making steady progress, showing improvements every day. He can walk about 90 % normally, still occasionally drags the toes on his back leg. He tried to take off from a standing start into a full sprint yesterday and just got himself all tangled up. Twice. :lol: He can get up and down the stairs on his own now, which is nice for me because carrying a 70lb dog up and down the stairs 4 times a day starts to suck pretty quick.
Thanks again!

Good news! I'm glad to hear that Doug is recovering well!

creep
Site Admin

#4830 Post by creep » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:56 pm

wally wrote:Thanks for the thoughts friends! Happy to report Doug is doing amazingly well. On Friday I really thought we ere going to have to put him down. I was even googling "at home euthanasia". Glad I didn't make an appointment. He has been making steady progress, showing improvements every day. He can walk about 90 % normally, still occasionally drags the toes on his back leg. He tried to take off from a standing start into a full sprint yesterday and just got himself all tangled up. Twice. :lol: He can get up and down the stairs on his own now, which is nice for me because carrying a 70lb dog up and down the stairs 4 times a day starts to suck pretty quick.
Thanks again!
:thumb:

SR

#4831 Post by SR » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:46 am

Yay doug! :rockon:

chaos

#4832 Post by chaos » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:54 am

Pandemonium

#4833 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:31 am

chaos wrote:How is your dog doing?

BTW - Are you moving to Texas? (Or are you already there?)
Kahlua's pipes... ARE CLEEEEEENNN!

After nearly two month's worth of using a oral syringe to give her anti-parasite goop and shoving pills down her throat her last test back completely clean. So now we are doing some doggy socialization classes and some one on one training because my goal is to be able to play with her off leash at Dog Beach at the Bolsa Chica state beach by the tail end of Summer. My only current concerns is she nips and bites at my wife when they play when she gets too worked up and with her baby needle teeth, she can do some damage. That and she has a really mischievous streak and will often manage to get in a bathroom and run off with the end of a roll of toilet paper completely unspooling it through the house. She has way more energy then my previous two black Labs at the same age.

As for Texas, that thankfully didn't work out. If my wife got the job and the pay, benefits and numbers made snse to move there worked out, I'd fully support the change much as I wasn't gun-ho for it, but it turned out to be not as great an opportunity as she expected. At least she got a free trip to Chicago to their corporate offices for the interview and got to spend a day with a childhood friend.

nausearockpig

#4834 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:54 pm

Good stuff all round mate. Happy to hear it's all worked out.

perkana

#4835 Post by perkana » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:51 pm

Stupid netflix that won't let me use a fake vpn to watch "Twin Peaks" as if I were in Mexico :lol:
P.S. Glad to hear all your doggies are doing fine :wiggle:

perkana

#4836 Post by perkana » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:03 pm

This is kinda old news since I've been here for a week now, but I had a 12-hour trip coming here (D.C.) I had to wake up at 4 am since my plane was leaving at 6:30. I arrived early to Dallas, but I didn't know about the new migration proceedings. I got a big fat cross after the first screening so I had to go to one of those migration counters for a second check. I had to laugh at the stupid jokes of the guy who "interviewed" me. I had some pastry with me which I had declared. I had to describe them to him (that had never happened to me before, btw, my pastry was checked back in Mexico for explosives :confused: ) Usually I have no problem getting through, but this time I was sent to a second check. The customs officers asked me if my pastry had any meat or vegetables in it and I said no. So they were even more confused than me for the reason why I was sent. Anyway, they x-rayed the pastry and all my bags for the third time. I had to recheck my bags since I had to make another connection. My bags got in time but I missed my flight. So I had to wait 4 hours at the airport. My bags arrived at the time I was supposed to and I arrived around 7 pm. I'm glad I don't have to go through the same shit when I get back.
P.S. Oh yeah, I had no problems traveling with my computer on board. I was never asked to turn it on or anything. Although, as usual, my bags were "randomly" chosen for a security check. I swear it was not random (I always get those notices inside, when I open my bags), at least they didn't make a mess with my stuff.
Last edited by perkana on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nausearockpig

#4837 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:16 pm

perkana wrote:This is kinda old news since I've been here for a week now, but I had a 12-hour trip coming here (D.C.) I had to wake up at 4 am since my plane was leaving at 6:30. I arrived early to Dallas, but I didn't know about the new migration proceedings. I got a big fat cross after the first screening so I had to go to one of those migration counters for a second check. I had to laugh at the stupid jokes of the guy who "interviewed" me. I had some pastry with me which I had declared. I had to describe them to him (that had never happened to me before, btw, my pastry was checked back in Mexico for explosives :confused: ) Usually I have no problem getting through, but this time I was sent to a second check. The customs officers asked me if my pastry had any meat or vegetables in it and I said no. So they were even more confused than me as why I was sent for a second check. Anyway, they x-rayed the pastry and all my bags for the third time. I had to recheck my bags since I had to make another connection. My bags got in time and I missed my flight. So I had to wait 4 hours at the airport. My bags arrived at the time I was supposed to and I arrived around 7 pm. I'm glad I don't have to go through the same shit when I get back.
P.S. Oh yeah, I had no problems traveling with my computer on board. I was never asked to turn it on or anything. Although, as usual, my bags were "randomly" chosen for a security check. I swear it was not random (I always get those notices inside, when I open my bags), at least they didn't make a mess with my stuff.
Fucken terrorist. You should be thankful they let you into their awesome country.....

perkana

#4838 Post by perkana » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:19 pm

:lol:
Even in my own country they consider me a terrorist :nyrexall:

Pandemonium

#4839 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:48 am

My son was minutes behind traffic that got caught up in the plane crash on the 405 Freeway in front of John Wayne Airport yesterday morning. He was on a Summer school van with some other students taking a morning tour of the small air museum near the airport and I guess they were about a mile behind traffic when the small twin engine Cessna came down right across the freeway ahead of them clipping one car and causing a few other small fender benders as it skidded off the freeway into the shoulder and burst into flames. When his van slowly passed through, it was more or less just a few cars trying to thread through the one remaining southbound lane and he saw stopped passerby's pulling the couple out of the plane (they seem to have survived with minor injuries). The entire freeway was shut down most of the day which was a pretty big deal here locally. The rest of his morning was uneventful but he was still buzzing about it when I picked him up at noon.

(not his video)

I used to do that drive twice a day until last year and still pass the airport at least a few times a week and more often then not, a big passenger jet will fly less then a hundred feet over my head to land as I'm driving by on the freeway. Usually, it's always pretty bad traffic duringg the day, it was just lucky a lot of people were off work and traffic was light. It could have been a lot worse.

kv

#4840 Post by kv » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:21 pm

I just edited your link to work panda

kv

#4841 Post by kv » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:33 am

My sleeping hours are fucked up...not that it really matters...but going to bed at 8am is way outa wack... can't think of a worst day in the last decade to go to bed at eight as the second I go to bed I hear hammering...my next door neighbor is having a new roof put on :lolol:

:banghead: I have plans from 5pm till 3am tonight gogo redbull!

kv

#4842 Post by kv » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:46 am

Fuck hammers

kv

#4843 Post by kv » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:48 am

I'm about 3 minutes away from setting my dog free...he should have barked himself into exhaustion hours ago...I never knew he had such stamina

Larry B.

#4844 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:22 pm

He probably drank your redbull.

Larry B.

#4845 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:25 pm

I was in charge of applying for public funding for our football club. One of the members of the club, an football-loving engineer, almost begged me to include him. So I did. We had a couple of meetings, and the guy was eager to start working, "we need to take this club forward", etc. So we set up two meetings (with other members of the club) to gather ideas and create the draft for the project.

First meeting, he provided zero ideas. And he said stupid shit.

Second meeting, no real ideas either. He kept mentioning working with schools, and we didn't have enough time to talk to principals and get their committment letters, nothing - so we said NO to working with schools for this application, just because logistically, we couldn't. After about 15 minutes, he brought up the schools again. And then, again. So I told him that we weren't working with schools right now and that we didn't have time to waste.

As I was closing the meeting, I say that I'm going to fill the application-- but he says that he can do something if I want to. I said that it wasn't necessary, but he really wanted to do the budget. We already had a budget from a previous application, so it shouldn't have been too hard.

I had to re-write the fucking budget he made-- twice. Fucking moron got some amounts wrong, couldn't exchange currency for his dear life, and couldn't even multiply properly. His original budget was for around USD 17,000. After I fixed it, it went down to fucking USD 9,000. Imagine that.

The fucking tool thought that having 3 groups of 18 kids playing football for 8 days is the same as 54 kids playing football 24 days.

FUCKING IDIOT.