What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
kv

Re: What's annoying you today?

#5201 Post by kv » Wed May 13, 2020 3:30 pm

Damn dude the timing sucks...all I've been doing is hanging with my dog...sorry man...but get a new one soon ok? It's the only thing that makes it better....my new dog is 1/5th the dog of my old one....but fuck it made it instantly better

intertwoven

#5202 Post by intertwoven » Wed May 13, 2020 3:39 pm

We had to put our Annie down back in early November. Put off getting a new dog due to an already-planned Hawaiian vacation in late February. Then after that, as we were about to start looking for a new pup, the virus shit hit. Terrible timing for my wife and I. Hopefully we'll score a new one soon, but it's really competitive right now for puppies.

SR

#5203 Post by SR » Wed May 13, 2020 5:31 pm

Thx all. For real. He’s still here due to a fierce fight in the house. It’s inevitable. Thank you to those who said hello. kV...all my love

thoreau

#5204 Post by thoreau » Thu May 14, 2020 8:24 am

Late to the party, but sincerely sorry to see that, SR. xxx

Matz

#5205 Post by Matz » Tue May 19, 2020 2:09 pm

People saying "literally" all the time in situations where it doesn't make sense. New phenomenon I think, and literally weird

Example at 5:40:

mockbee

#5206 Post by mockbee » Tue May 19, 2020 2:34 pm

Matz wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:09 pm
People saying "literally" all the time in situations where it doesn't make sense.

Literally? You all speak English to each other over there?

:noclue:

Artemis

#5207 Post by Artemis » Sat May 23, 2020 4:05 pm

A friend posted this on Facebook today. This is at a park near his place. So much for physical distancing.. :mad:

And we laugh at Americans!

Covidstock 2020:Toronto edition

mockbee

#5208 Post by mockbee » Sun May 24, 2020 4:13 am

What are you talking about?

Didn't you hear? :noclue:

COVID has been defeated! :rockon:

We are all open here in phase I. We can do anything,...as long as there is hand sanitizer nearby and stuff gets wiped down and you put up a sign that says "social distancing in effect"... and you don't have big music festivals.... I think. :hs:

:banana:

:wiggle:

:drink:

clickie

#5209 Post by clickie » Tue May 26, 2020 12:38 pm

Looks like Perry that one lady front center with the hat

clickie

#5210 Post by clickie » Tue May 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Larry B.

#5211 Post by Larry B. » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:20 pm

I’m just SO turned on all day long. No idea what’s going on.

Pandemonium

#5212 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:59 pm

More funny than annoying. For about a year, my wife taught me how to color her hair and I've apparently become pretty good at it, especially over the past few months since the lockdown and no salons being open. She orders the color from this website:

https://www.madison-reed.com

Anyway, she thought it would be a fun fathers day gift to color my hair, which after almost 6 months of no haircut, is now a grown out mad scientist-ish mix of dark brown and silver. So she did it and the first day it looked good, a bit "brassy brown" for my tastes but good. Two days later, my hair now looks totally ginger. Maybe not Carrot Top but old lady copper! Good thing my hair grows fast and no balding or receding yet 'cause I might shave my dome and start over.

Larry B.

#5213 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 pm

:lol:

Come on, give us at least a picture of the hair so we can get a proper idea of how bad it is.

Charles

#5214 Post by Charles » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:18 pm

"Splash Mountain" at Disneyland is racist

mockbee

#5215 Post by mockbee » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:29 pm

yiea...............

COVID

goddam you.

:no:

Well, the US was "coasting" the last 50-75 years.

Let's see if we are up for the greatest challenge of a post WWII generation.
:noclue:

We've just gotten started.....not well.
:wavesad:

Pandemonium

#5216 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:24 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 pm

Come on, give us at least a picture of the hair so we can get a proper idea of how bad it is.
She colored it again tonight, much darker. I’ll give it a day and take a pic.

Artemis

#5217 Post by Artemis » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:05 pm

Not far from where I live, a couple of buildings slated for demolition are being used to temporarily house homeless people that were living in encampments downtown and near the lakeshore area. This was a COVID measure to stop the spread in the homeless population. The city made an agreement to rent two apartment buildings for $55 per day per apartment. The homeless are being put up in these apartments with food provided, social services access to assist with permanent housing solutions and addiction help. The owners of these buildings said they will donate all the rent money to food banks. Great, that's very generous of the owners. The problem is that the area where the people were relocated has become filthy and a little dodgy in the span of a couple of months. The area smells like piss, people asking for money- some rather aggressively- like every 3 metres. Many mentally ill wandering around, as well as scary looking druggies. If the people are being given apartments with bathrooms why are they pissing outside and stinking up the area?? :mad:

kv

#5218 Post by kv » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:40 pm

Because they are mentally ill?

Read a similar thing happened with a motel and the owners saying some rooms were completely ruined with poop on the beds and stuff

Pandemonium

#5219 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:29 pm

Another day, another disaster....

Wife wanted to go for a drive and I wanted to maybe browse a record store or two before the likely re-closing of in-store shopping happens again. So we drove to Long Beach and Fingerprint Records. Parked right next to the street-side dining planter for the restaurant next door and discovered Fingerprints was closed except for online order pickups. So we go to leave, pulled out on the street and this guy comes blowing by trying to go around me on a one lane street doing about 40+ and sideswipes me on the driver's side and front end, bouncing my car into the planter while he careens across the street into oncoming traffic and T-bones and totals 2 more cars, one of which smashes another parked car. I can't believe my wife and especially myself (and was bounced against the door/window and the center counsel) are ok, considering how hard we were hit. The car that got t-boned, the driver looked pretty messed up but amazingly he was the only person that was taken away by ambulance. I'd be shocked if my car isn't a write-off.

None of the pedestrian witnesses would talk to the cops.

kv

#5220 Post by kv » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:02 pm

Just stay off the streets man fuck...dept of health should have red tagged you guys months ago! :hehe:

Larry B.

#5221 Post by Larry B. » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:36 pm

Holy shit, man. There must be some sort of bounty on you. It must be the weird hair colour, just shave it off.

But seriously, glad you guys are ok despite that.

mockbee

#5222 Post by mockbee » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:47 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:29 pm
Another day, another disaster....

Wife wanted to go for a drive and I wanted to maybe browse a record store or two before the likely re-closing of in-store shopping happens again. So we drove to Long Beach and Fingerprint Records. Parked right next to the street-side dining planter for the restaurant next door and discovered Fingerprints was closed except for online order pickups. So we go to leave, pulled out on the street and this guy comes blowing by trying to go around me on a one lane street doing about 40+ and sideswipes me on the driver's side and front end, bouncing my car into the planter while he careens across the street into oncoming traffic and T-bones and totals 2 more cars, one of which smashes another parked car. I can't believe my wife and especially myself (and was bounced against the door/window and the center counsel) are ok, considering how hard we were hit. The car that got t-boned, the driver looked pretty messed up but amazingly he was the only person that was taken away by ambulance. I'd be shocked if my car isn't a write-off.

None of the pedestrian witnesses would talk to the cops.
Whenever I shop around for insurance, I always see the "Panda Rate", and I always wonder, who the hell would choose that one?!..That's fuckin EXPENSIVE!!!!

How many agencies have you gone through? Or do they block your calls....they're like 'oooooooooh shit....look whose on line 1....'

Glad to hear you're alright.

Yeah, pedestrians/bystanders suuuuuck. When I was in my moto accident.....nobody hardly slowed down to see what happened...just jonesing to get through. :no:

Pandemonium

#5223 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:46 am

mockbee wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:47 am

Whenever I shop around for insurance, I always see the "Panda Rate", and I always wonder, who the hell would choose that one?!..That's fuckin EXPENSIVE!!!!

How many agencies have you gone through? Or do they block your calls....they're like 'oooooooooh shit....look whose on line 1....'

Glad to hear you're alright.

Yeah, pedestrians/bystanders suuuuuck. When I was in my moto accident.....nobody hardly slowed down to see what happened...just jonesing to get through. :no:
I've been with State Farm most of my adult life.... so... since the Jurassic age. Both auto and homeowners insurance. Aside from their "recommended" contractor issues in the 2011 house flood, they've been pretty good and haven't bumped our rate up after each incident although I can't help but feel we will get one after both a major house incident and a car wreck in the space of 4 months.

I didn't mention this in my original post, but when cops were taking down names and statements, there was one young bystander who kept getting in this one cops face saying they needed to leave - "we don't need you here!" I give credit to the cop who basically ignored him. The other cop taking down my wife's info mutters something like "welcome to Long Beach."

wally

#5224 Post by wally » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:14 pm

Fuck 2020.
Had to put my dog down last week. 13 year old boxer, 11 with us. He had a great life and was my best friend.

This week my girlfriend's dad ended up in the ICU with pneumonia, kidney shutdown and some sepsis thrown in for good measure. At least no COVID. He was on a rafting trip in Colorado, wasn't feeling great and had some pain in his ribs, thought he just overexerted himself on the river. Next morning he's worse with dizzy spells, so they had to raft 3.5 hrs down the river with him until they got to a place with cell coverage. Ambulance comes and takes him to the hospital. They cant deal with it so he then gets airlifted to another hospital. Things have been going in the right direction but it's fucking hard for my GF while still dealing with the death of our dog, and she cant go out there because of COVID.

Speaking of which, she has a bunch of friends in Fresno who have been acting like covid doesnt exist anymore. Well today the father of a friend (not an aforementioned covidiot) of hers in Fresno had a minor heart attack and is currently sitting in a fucking hallway in the hospital because they don't have room for him.

:drink: :kv: :hide:

kv

#5225 Post by kv » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:21 pm

Fuck man...stay strong

And sorry for your hard times...all I can say is the lows make the highs greater...hope you have some soon...I was gonna post bitching about turning 50...doesn't seem like much of a prob now