Second Spin (Sherman Oaks)

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
MicrowavedGerbil

Second Spin (Sherman Oaks)

#1 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Does anyone from the LA Sherman Oaks area remember the record store by Ventura blvd? I used to go there regularly from around 2013-2015 mainly cause I always ran into someone. Billy Corgan which who I have a picture with somewhere. Dave ghrol NUMEROUS times and even the chili peppers. I dont know why that spot was so popular but I liked it. I decided to give it a visit since I haven't been there in quite some time.. It was taken down.

Pandemonium

Re: Second Spin (Sherman Oaks)

#2 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:41 am

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:Does anyone from the LA Sherman Oaks area remember the record store by Ventura blvd? I used to go there regularly from around 2013-2015 mainly cause I always ran into someone. Billy Corgan which who I have a picture with somewhere. Dave ghrol NUMEROUS times and even the chili peppers. I dont know why that spot was so popular but I liked it. I decided to give it a visit since I haven't been there in quite some time.. It was taken down.
There's a Second Spin store near me in Newport Beach that seems to be holding on. I was never really impressed with their selection of used CDs and LPs and their prices are not competitive. There's several far better record stores like Port Of Sound in Costa Mesa and up in Long Beach, Fingerprints. Speaking of record stores going under, Amoeba Records in LA has about a year left under their lease in Hollywood and then they're probably done.

kv

#3 Post by kv » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:32 am

This thread made me miss Middle Earth and Zed's among others

tvrec

#4 Post by tvrec » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:38 am

kv wrote:This thread made me miss Middle Earth and Zed's among others
Wow! Middle Earth. Every time I drive through Downey on the 5 I think, ah the Carpenters and Middle Earth.

MicrowavedGerbil

#5 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:51 pm

I used to go to capital records in the galleria waay back in the early 2000's .. I'll never forget that place. As for the other record stores mentioned, well its obvious they will all meet to same fate. Its a sad feeling. Let up a huge sigh when I drove over to second spin only to see it replaced by a furniture place.