Girls with tattoos

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Tyler Durden

Re: Girls with tattoos

#26 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Just by chance, I have dated tons of girls with tattoos...but I don't like the look particularly.

To me, a hot chick with tattoos is like a Rolls Royce with a bumper sticker. :no:

Turncoat

#27 Post by Turncoat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:To me, a hot chick with tattoos is like a Rolls Royce with a bumper sticker. :no:
Well said. :thumb:

Artemis

#28 Post by Artemis » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:21 am

i have to say this very conservative attitude is rather surprising from JA fans(don't ya hate it when people use that line?) i get that everybody has their preferences, but ulitimatley, who give a rat's ass if a female has a tattoo?? it's very shallow, imo. :thumbdown:

NYRexall

#29 Post by NYRexall » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:10 am

Jasper wrote:In fact, I often take it as a sound indicator that any given girl should be avoided. In the end I will always come down on the side of beautiful, pure skin.
This.

Turncoat

#30 Post by Turncoat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:53 am

NYRexall wrote:
Jasper wrote:In fact, I often take it as a sound indicator that any given girl should be avoided. In the end I will always come down on the side of beautiful, pure skin.
This.
racists. :essence:

Warped

#31 Post by Warped » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:56 am

Artemis wrote:i have to say this very conservative attitude is rather surprising from JA fans(don't ya hate it when people use that line?) i get that everybody has their preferences, but ulitimatley, who give a rat's ass if a female has a tattoo?? it's very shallow, imo. :thumbdown:
100% agreed.

Tyler Durden

#32 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:18 am

Artemis wrote:i have to say this very conservative attitude is rather surprising from JA fans(don't ya hate it when people use that line?) i get that everybody has their preferences, but ulitimatley, who give a rat's ass if a female has a tattoo?? it's very shallow, imo. :thumbdown:
Tattoos are shallow to begin with. :lol:

Artemis

#33 Post by Artemis » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:21 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
I meant it is shallow to not be with someone because of tattoos.

NYRexall

#34 Post by NYRexall » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:31 am

Essence_Smith wrote:I'm curious as to what some here feel in regards to tattoing and piercing, etc that has some cultural significance, like certain polynesian or african cultures where the marking of the body, etc is a part of belonging to that tribe or culture...
That's different. Those cultures and tribes have been doing that for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

What I'm talking about are girls today canvasing their bodies with ridiculous "art" or designs because everyone else is doing it and they want to fit in and appear hip, rebellious, individualistic, etc.

I'm all for individualism, but not when it's become some lame excuse for just another trend.

NYRexall

#35 Post by NYRexall » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:36 am

Turncoat wrote:
NYRexall wrote:
This.
No, stereotypical.

Everyone is stereotypical. The same female I'm avoiding because she looks scary with all her tattoos is most likely avoiding me because I don't look scary with a bunch of tattoos.

Tyler Durden

#36 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:37 am

Artemis wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
I meant it is shallow to not be with someone because of tattoos.
I know that was what you were saying.

I've never not gone out with a girl just because she had tattoos nor have I judged her personality based on them before getting to know her. As I said before, I've been out with a lot of girls who happened to have tattoos. But from an aesthetic point of you, I'd just as well be with a girl who doesn't have any tattoos. If a girl has got it going on, she doesn't need them; they can actually distract or take away from her beauty.

To me, it's like girls that dress "slutty" for the bar; if a girl is really attractive, she could wear a turtle neck or a garbage gag and guys are still going to want her. On the other hand, if she isn't attractive, wearing a top that exposes her midriff or having her thong creeping out of the top of herr pants isn't going to help her. Not with me, anyway. :lol:

Tyler Durden

#37 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:38 am

NYRexall wrote:
Turncoat wrote:
NYRexall wrote:
This.
No, stereotypical.

Everyone is stereotypical. The same female I'm avoiding because she looks scary with all her tattoos is most likely avoiding me because I don't look scary with a bunch of tattoos.
SO TRUE.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#38 Post by Hokahey » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:44 am

If the girl looks good and the tattoos compliment her look I think most of us are down with that.

Romeo

#39 Post by Romeo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:32 am

:thumb:

as someone with a upper sleeve who gets compliments on it all the time (it was beautifully done) and was told by a stranger that I wear it well....

WTF???? What a bunch of sexist attitudes I am reading. I understand "IMO" some like them, some don't but to say our skin needs to be pure?? WHAT??????

Here's a clue, we've been given the right to vote and now work outside the home too :eyes:

blackcoffee

#40 Post by blackcoffee » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:36 am

It takes all kinds.

I'm a fan. Many of the women at the Suicide Girls site are what I think some here are saying they're opposed to--I don't get that. I also think librarians are sexy so I have a wide range of, um, tastes....

Romeo

#41 Post by Romeo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:41 am

this is mine

Essence_Smith

#42 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:54 am

Romeo wrote:
:thumb:

as someone with a upper sleeve who gets compliments on it all the time (it was beautifully done) and was told by a stranger that I wear it well....

WTF???? What a bunch of sexist attitudes I am reading. I understand "IMO" some like them, some don't but to say our skin needs to be pure?? WHAT??????

Here's a clue, we've been given the right to vote and now work outside the home too :eyes:
I'm glad you ladies have chimed in cause I can completely understand preference and taste, but generalization in general sucks imo...people make a lot of assumptions based on appearance and like the old saying goes you really shouldn't judge a book by its cover...like I said "semi-retarded"...I get it, but I don't get it, don't want to get it, and to each their own...

Turncoat

#43 Post by Turncoat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:01 am

Romeo wrote:this is mine
see, now this I can get behind... 1. It's vibrant and colorful... 2.it can actually be covered, if needed. :thumb:

Tyler Durden

#44 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:05 am

Trust me, I get the other side of the coin. I am pretty "clean cut", don't have tattoos or piercings, and don't dress strange like I did in the early 90s. I get some females (and males as well) who take me as some sort of goodie-goodie or prep and are shocked to find out what my taste is like in music, film, etc. So it works both ways...there are women with tattoos and/or piercings that might not give me the time of day because I don't have a "badass" image or something.

As a matter of fact, some of the most radical and progressive thinking people I've met don't have tattoos or piercings...and some of the most closed minded or unintelligent ones do. When I was younger, I just assumed that the freakier you looked, the more likely you would be open minded...definitely not the case.

Romeo

#45 Post by Romeo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:28 am

If your radical & progressive thinker you don't automatically have to have tattoo's
that's an assumption.

Let's not generalize.

I personally love the art involved in tattoo's. A good artist can make a tattoo look like a painting, or graffiti, or 3D. Tattoo's are just so personal.

Tyler Durden

#46 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:44 am

Romeo wrote:If your radical & progressive thinker you don't automatically have to have tattoo's
that's an assumption.

Let's not generalize.
I know. That was partially my point; the naïveté of being young.

JOEinPHX

#47 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:17 pm

Romeo wrote:this is mine

STP fan, huh?

Jasper

#48 Post by Jasper » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:57 pm

I like skin. Skin is beautiful to me. I don't like tattoos. I think they look like shit. That's MY opinion. They bother me more on females because merely I'm straight, so I'm more interested in female beauty.

It's too bad if some out there can't deal with people having differing opinions. You can cry all day and night, and call people all sorts of names, but it won't make your opinion anything other than your opinion. That seems to be the much bigger issue here - some people think their opinions on subjective matters are the objective truth. :lolol:

Romeo

#49 Post by Romeo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:11 pm

no it's your puritan view of how females should be viewed. You also said it's girls who should be avoided, like this is some 1950's Army film on staying away from the painted ladies because you'll get VD.

So I have a upper cap, am I a woman to be avoided? I also have a nose piercing. Should I be avoided.

I don't like generalizations. I understand personal preferences but not generalizations.

Tyler Durden

#50 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Romeo wrote:no it's your puritan view of how females should be viewed. You also said it's girls who should be avoided, like this is some 1950's Army film on staying away from the painted ladies because you'll get VD.

So I have a upper cap, am I a woman to be avoided? I also have a nose piercing. Should I be avoided.

I don't like generalizations. I understand personal preferences but not generalizations.
Actually, my thesis in university related to risk taking behaviour (alcoholism, drug abuse, sexual promiscuity) among the "body modified" population. There is a correlation between tattoos/piercings and alcoholism, as well as sexual promiscuity. Take from that what you will. :lol: