Girls with tattoos

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
NYRexall

Girls with tattoos

#1 Post by NYRexall » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:32 am

Am I the only one who finds this confounded trend completely repulsive?

creep
Site Admin

Re: Girls with tattoos

#2 Post by creep » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:36 am

done right i love them. especially full sleeves on a girl. just a random tattoo here and there looks trashy. :noclue:

NYRexall

#3 Post by NYRexall » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:42 am

Full sleeves = :jasper: :jasper: :jasper: :jasper: :jasper:

Turncoat

#4 Post by Turncoat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:42 am

Tattoos are like permanent make-up, to me. They can give a girl a certain character, but you can't cover up an unattractive girl. It's still all in the face. Once you've decided whether she's attractive or unattractive, you move on to the accessories. A pretty girl with vibrant, artistic tattoos is an exciting, colorful, pretty girl. An ugly girl with a few misshapen Chinese symbols isn't gonna impress me.

It's all in the eye of the beholder, as this thread acknowledges. If you like a girl in a sun dress, that's what'll draw your attention toward the girl. If you like leather or vinyl... same thing. If you happen to dislike a particular style, it'll sour the overall image... so, it makes sense. If it's something you don't like, it won't work.

For me, as I said, it's all about the girl. If she looks good and made good decisions about how to permanently change her skin, then I'm impressed and intrigued. If it's a bunch of bullshit, it can turn a pretty girl into trash... not for the tattoo, as an idea... but for the content of the art.

...I know a few girls with awesome tattoos and while they downgrade them, in formal settings, as people, I respect them for their dedication to an idea. I also know people with stupid tattoos and I think they're just fuckin' stupid... men and women. So, I guess it's still an issue of the tattoo, more so than gender. I'm weird though... and I don't know why I wrote so much about something I don't care about... I'm sorry.

JOEinPHX

#5 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:28 am

NYRexall wrote:Am I the only one who finds this confounded trend completely repulsive?
Nope.

99.999% of tattoos aren't well done to begin with. And then sticking a shit tattoo on a female just makes it even worse. Severe turnoff.

JOEinPHX

#6 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 am

NYRexall wrote:Full sleeves = :jasper: :jasper: :jasper: :jasper: :jasper:
No kidding. i would never marry a woman who had tattoos blazing all the way down her arms. No wedding dress is going to cover up that shit. i am not walking down the aisle with that.

creep
Site Admin

#7 Post by creep » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:38 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
NYRexall wrote:Am I the only one who finds this confounded trend completely repulsive?
Nope.

99.999% of tattoos aren't well done to begin with. And then sticking a shit tattoo on a female just makes it even worse. Severe turnoff.
didn't you get a panic channel tattoo?

NYRexall

#8 Post by NYRexall » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:44 am

First of all, THANK YOU JOE.

Second of all, tattoos on guys are different. Our skin is supposed to be rugged and buff and battle-ready (so we can protect women, which is exactly what they want in a man).

A woman's body is soft and delicate and pillowy and meant to be pure. The last thing I want to do is run my lips and tongue over a woman's body and then wind up at a fucking mural that runs down her thighs/back/arms/feet/etc.

JOEinPHX

#9 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:04 am

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
Nope.

No. Why would i do that?

Artemis

#10 Post by Artemis » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:17 am

NYRexall wrote:A woman's body is soft and delicate and pillowy and meant to be pure.
Yes, and all day long women should frolic about in silk panties and play with kittens. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#11 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:30 am

Artemis wrote:
NYRexall wrote:A woman's body is soft and delicate and pillowy and meant to be pure.
Yes, and all day long women should frolic about in silk panties and play with kittens. :lol:
No, all day long women should frolic about in silk panties and play with my cock.

JOEinPHX

#12 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:31 am

Seriously, if i had to choose, i am going with the broad on the right.

Tatts just look dirty. and not in a hot way.

Warped

#13 Post by Warped » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:33 am

:lol: right Artemis.

I love tattoos (on men and women) - i would love to have a lot more but i cannot decide which one to get where etc. So i am thinking and thinking and thinking and still only have one - the OHM fairy on my right arm (which i love) but i absolutely want more - something JA related soon. If only i could decide....I don't want to ruin my body with something i might regret. It took me forever to even get the one i have now :lol:
I also like sleeved arms - i've seen awesome ones. I am not so into colour tattoos - i go for black :wave:

Essence_Smith

#14 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:11 am

I'm not going to mention any names but some people here are mildly retarded...sweet, but mildly retarded...that being said...to each their own...

JOEinPHX

#15 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:14 am

"Herp derp, you don't like tattoos. herp derp, you're retarded"

thanks. :flip:

Essence_Smith

#16 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:17 am

Six7Six7 wrote:"Herp derp, you don't like tattoos. herp derp, you're retarded"

thanks. :flip:
Now if I wasn't talking about you...(which I wasn't, lol), you have now made yourself visible...good job... :wave:

creep
Site Admin

#17 Post by creep » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:44 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
Nope.

No. Why would i do that?
because you were super gay for them? :noclue:

i know there is a poster here that has one. i won't out them though.

perkana

#18 Post by perkana » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:54 am

@creep: awwwww...come on, not even in a pm? :wink:
I used to like tattoos on men and women, but now that I'm older...guess it depends on the quality of the tattoo, but most I've seen really suck. I definitely don't dig face tattoos. But I do like nipple rings...

JOEinPHX

#19 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:07 am

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
Nope.

No. Why would i do that?
because you were super gay for them? :noclue:

i know there is a poster here that has one. i won't out them though.
Quite a few of the girls got them. I am not aware of any dudes who did.

SR

#20 Post by SR » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:10 pm

DN did.

Jasper

#21 Post by Jasper » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Generally speaking, I find them repellent. In fact, I often take it as a sound indicator that any given girl should be avoided. I mean no offense to any tattooed females of the board - I'm speaking very generally, and on some women it doesn't bother me so much. Nevertheless, in the end I will always come down on the side of beautiful, pure skin.

BTW, I have very strong personal reasons for caring about skin (all types) and its care, and I also have very strong personal reasons for artistic/aesthetic feelings with regards to tattoos, and tattoos on women.

Essence_Smith

#22 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:57 pm

I'm curious as to what some here feel in regards to tattoing and piercing, etc that has some cultural significance, like certain polynesian or african cultures where the marking of the body, etc is a part of belonging to that tribe or culture...

Artemis

#23 Post by Artemis » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:19 pm

I am fine with all tattoos, piercings, and brandings. If these things have some kind of cultural or religious significance, I would be curious to know its meaning so that I may better understand and appreciate the indvidual and where they come from.

Turncoat

#24 Post by Turncoat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Artemis wrote:I am fine with all tattoos, piercings, and brandings. If these things have some kind of cultural or religious significance, I would be curious to know its meaning so that I may better understand and appreciate the indvidual and where they come from.
This is sort of how I feel... and sort of long-winded, roundabout said, earlier. If it has meaning, I think it's cool. If it's lame, it's lame. I know a girl with a really cool looking pretzel on her wrist and I back it 100%... one of my old bandmates has Charles Bronson, but it looks like Father Time... thumbs down. My sister has 2 hideously terrible tattoos and 2 amazing pieces... I cringe at the ugly ones but can't help but smile at the good ones.

Maybe the type of girl plays a bigger role? A loud drunk chick who doesn't know any music pre-1998 and has "juicy" on her lower back isn't going to turn my head... but a cool quiet girl standing at the back of the room with a full sleeve of famous optical illusions... I want to talk to her.

:rockon:

Pandemonium

#25 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:18 pm

A couple well placed, well crafted, small tattoos on a woman isn't an issue for me. When it gets to a point their body has become a canvas for every crappy illustrator with a tattoo gun, fuggedaboutit. I am definitely not a fan of facial piercings.