California Fires

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
chaos

California Fires

#1 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:24 pm

Scary stuff. How are all of the ANR Californians doing? :gh:
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/fires ... 15-latest/

Crews gain ground against California wildfires as search for bodies goes on

Cool weather helped fire crews gain ground Thursday against the nation's deadliest wildfire in a century as the search went on for more bodies. At least 56 people were killed in the "Camp Fire" and 300 were unaccounted for a week after the flames swept through.

Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea said Wednesday night that 130 people were missing. His office later released a list of 300 who were unaccounted for, though spokeswoman Miranda Bowersox said some of those may simply not have checked in with officials or family.

Suzanne Kaksonen, who fled the flames with her two birds, said she's been told she may have to wait six months before she can go back to Paradise, which was all but destroyed a week ago. "I don't even care if there's no home," she said at a shelter set up next to a Walmart parking lot in Chico. "I just want to go back to my dirt, you know, and put a trailer up and clean it up and get going."

At the other end of the state, crews made progress against the "Woolsey Fire" that destroyed over 500 structures in Malibu and other communities. At least three deaths were reported in Southern California.

Firefighters are battling two major wildfires in California. Here's a breakdown by the numbers as of Thursday morning, according to Cal Fire and local officials.

Camp Fire
140,000 acres burned
40 percent contained
56 fatalities confirmed
10,321 structures destroyed (including homes)

Woolsey Fire
98,362 acres burned
57 percent contained
3 fatalities confirmed
435 structures destroyed, 57,000 in danger

The "Camp Fire" in Northern California is raging north of the state capital of Sacramento, and the "Woolsey Fire" is burning outside Los Angeles.

creep
Site Admin

Re: California Fires

#2 Post by creep » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:37 pm

The smoke is really bad here. Schools are canceled and a bunch of other outdoor activities. Of course I still get to work in it. I went to San Francisco today to work thinking I would get a break from the smoke but it was bad there today too.

Sacramento today
DsFLDnuU0AAHtV0.jpg_large.jpg
DsFLDnuU0AAHtV0.jpg_large.jpg (55.78 KiB) Viewed 12899 times
SF today
IMG_20181115_093256034_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181115_093256034_HDR.jpg (121.76 KiB) Viewed 12899 times
Air quality is considered hazardous.

Matz

#3 Post by Matz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Check out Neil Strauss' meaningful story if you're interested:

These past few days have been an emotional roller-coaster—with one of my biggest life lessons at the lowest point of the ride.
This email is as much for you as it is for me, so that I can remember and internalize the epiphany of this week. Some of you may not even relate to it. But it’s an interesting story nonetheless...

On Thursday, I traveled to Bhutan, a mountainous Buddhist country in the Himalayas, with a small delegation led by Dr. Kimchi Moyer to learn more about the idea of Gross National Happiness—and become designated happiness emissaries by HRH Princess Kesang Choden.
On the second evening of the trip, as I was camping deep in the Punahka valley, I discovered that wildfires were spreading from Simi Valley in Los Angeles—and had just jumped the 101 Freeway. They were on their way to my home in Malibu. Evacuations were ordered.
My family—Ingrid, Tenn, our two dogs, our bird—quickly piled into a car, taking nothing from the home with them. Ingrid’s hands were full handling just this small menagerie.
It took her five hours to make it to Santa Monica, sitting in wall to wall traffic on the Pacific Coast Highway, under smoke-filled skies with fierce flames climbing over the hills and heading towards the road.
I stayed up all night, standing in the darkness of the campsite, getting the latest reports from her, from neighbors, from my assistant Charlene, and from the news. Watching helplessly as the raging fires drew ever closer to my neighborhood, which residents thought was mostly immune from wildfires due to the barrier formed by the Pacific Coast Highway.
Of course, from writing Emergency, I knew what to do to protect a home from a wildfire. I had Thermo-Gel in the garage. All I had to do was spray it on the home to protect it. I’d even bought some as a gift for several of my neighbors.
But I was in Bhutan, Ingrid had already fled the house, and the route to our home was now closed by the authorities.
There’s preparation and then there’s opportunity, and the opportunity to protect my house was gone. There was no one to spray this protective barrier on my house.
Soon I learned that the fires had jumped the Pacific Coast Highway. I watched a news report describing this catastrophe, and as the cameras turned to show the other side of the road, I saw flames everywhere in the area of my street and home.
My body went cold and the blood rushed to my core. I felt dizzy, my chest tingled, and my face swelled red with tears. I thought of not just my home, but those of my neighbors and friends back there. People I love and trust who bring such happiness into my life. My family of choice.
Charlene gave me reports from Nextdoor and neighborhood forums. It looked like my street was going up in flames. I made a mental survey of the items in my home. My clothes—I could always get new ones. Same with my furniture. And my toiletries.
The hundreds of books I’d read and scrupulously underlined , my platinum album presented to me by Nirvana, my framed hate mail from Phil Collins, recordings of every celebrity interview I’d done for Rolling Stone – those were irreplaceable. But I breathed through the anxiety and let go of those too.
But fuck, what about the box full of my childhood writing. And all my photographs from the pre-digital era, from my childhood on. And the comic and record collections I’d saved since I was a kid—and were probably worth quite a bit now?
I made peace with losing all that and let go too.

But then I realized that I’d brought a spare laptop to Bhutan, and my main laptop with all my data was at home along with my backup drives. I never trusted the cloud, out of concerns my account would get hacked and all my personal photos and notes and future books would get leaked and uploaded online.
So almost all my photos and writing, including entire books that had never been published yet, were gone too.
I’d lost everything now. Of course I have a backup drive kept safely outside my home, but that place was also likely burned in the fires.
I couldn’t breathe through and let go of this one. Losing a lifetime of writing. That hurt.
My next writing projects involve several tragic crimes. I’ve been investigating them with a number of people, and because I tend to trust myself more than others, I’d held on to all the documentation and evidence at my house. From journals to computers to clothing to…a car.
And now they were all gone. And we needed them still. The cases weren’t closed.
I couldn’t get to a place of acceptance on these either. Instead, I began to berate myself. It sounded something like this:
You’re such an idiot. You say you don’t trust the cloud, and now look what happened: your personal systems are all in ashes. You should have just put your backups online. The odds of it getting hacked are miniscule—you even spoke to one of the biggest cloud storage teams in the world about that. And even if it was hacked, at least you’d still have it all. Now it’s gone. Because you were so paranoid.
And you didn’t trust other people either. You told them that you’d take care of everything. Well, you took care of it alright. Now it’s all gone. It would have been smarter to just not get involved. They trusted you and now you broke their trust.
You think that you can’t trust anyone. Well, you’re just as untrustworthy as anyone else. So stupid.
This was followed by a catchy chorus of should haves. The chorus repeated itself a lot.
After a little bit, I began to think about a new core issue of mine. It's one I’ve come to understand since dealing with my relationship and enmeshment issues in The Truth. I’ve thought of it as the next step in my self-improvement journey.
And that’s a deep existential trust issue.
I have parents who are, each in their own way, somewhat worried and paranoid. My mother specifically always told me growing up to not trust other people: They’re out to hurt me. They’re going to take advantage of me. They are not my real friends—they are using me.
And as for the world, it’s a dangerous place, full of criminals lurking around the corner, just waiting for me to leave my house so they can rob it.
Mostly as a result of this, as an adult, I’ve felt like I need to be in control of things to feel safe. After all, the only person I know I can trust is myself. I don’t even trust the universe. It’s a dangerous place: Bad things happen, from genocides to natural disasters to cancer. It’s all lurking around the corner.
But now, my world view was shattered: Because I was untrustworthy. I’d let everyone down. Turns out I couldn’t even trust myself.
And this is when the epiphany struck. It had to do with being in Bhutan. One of the ideas central to Buddhism is impermanence. Everything will eventually go away or change or be destroyed. You will die, your work will be forgotten, the mountains will erode, the earth will be swallowed by the sun.
So of course you can’t “trust” anything, I told myself, because you’re holding people and the universe up to a standard of perfection and permanence that is impossible. Your premises are flawed. Your expectations are unrealistic.
I suddenly realized that I’d been using the wrong word. Trust wasn’t what I’d been looking for. It was permanence. And that’s not how people and the universe operate. Things get lost and damaged and destroyed. Even things you love and care about.
So instead of having this impossible standard of perfect trust and responsibility for others to live up to, what if instead I expected people and the universe—and most importantly myself—to be what they are: impermanent and perfectly imperfect.
Shit happens. And trying to maintain control so that shit doesn’t happen is not only an illusion, but a clear path to more anxiety and less happiness.
What if instead, I told myself, you lived in a place of acceptance of impermanence. You don’t have to like it when things go wrong or go away. You can even be sad about it when something doesn’t go according to plan. But you can surrender control, and you can surrender this constant disappointment in others.
Instead of expecting nothing to go wrong and everything to be perfect, expect change and surprise – and know that you’ll be able to handle whatever happens. Almost nothing that occurs is actually a problem. Only my reaction to it can be a problem.
After all, I will never know at the time whether these changes will ultimately be a good or bad thing for my journey. Even the Princess of Bhutan told me as we discussed the fires that losing all your material possessions is also a chance to start over, to start clean, to be reborn. It’s the freedom to re-create yourself, with everything you know today.
The next morning, a friend with emergency response credentials managed to reach my house to survey the damage and see if anything could be saved. She called with incredible news: My place was still standing. My computer, my drives, my research—they were all just fine.
It was a minor miracle.

So many of my friends’ and neighbors’ houses were burnt to the ground. My community was decimated. It will likely never be the same. It’s so sad. Yet somehow my house had survived.
I told my friend, in tears of relief, “I can’t believe it. I got to keep my stuff—and keep the lesson I learned from losing it all.”
It's important to note that letting go of control and that core fundamental distrust doesn’t mean running in the opposite direction: being out of control, trusting everyone, and not giving a shit what happens. That’s just the flip side of the same coin.
It means being in moderation around control.
So what does that look like? Flexibility. Acceptance. Empathy. Humility.
Can I still take charge? Can I still be in control? Can I still care? Absolutely!
But not with negative control, where I’m coming from a place of fear and controlling others and thinking I can do it better. But with positive control: coming from a place of excitement, teamwork, seeing the strengths in others...
...and trusting that whatever the future has in store, even if it's not what I want or expect, 95 percent of the things I’m worried about won’t even be a problem if they happen. So I can loosen my grip on things.
Like losing a house. Sounds horrible. But that creates an opening--a vacuum--for not just a new home somewhere else, but all kinds of new people and experiences and growth and opportunity to enter my life. It's likely an even more powerful (and certainly faster) transformation than one I'd consciously choose.
The fires in Malibu still burn as I write this. I’m flying back to L.A. right now to help my family and my community. The wildfire is only about five percent contained, and the winds that spread the fires are picking up again. There are still flames a few dozen yards away from my home.
The threat is not over. My house is not safe. And I am not safe.
I accept that.
And I know that right now, in this moment, I am still here and my house is still here, so I’m going to celebrate that.
Thank you for all the emails and social media messages of concern during this devastating time for so many people, homes, businesses, and lives.
Love you all,

Neil

MYXYLPLYX

#4 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:06 pm

I bought my house here on the coast South of SF from a guy whose parents bought it new when he was five, and then he'd inherited it when his parents passed away and then sold it to me to retire... to Paradise. His place is gone, and he's lucky to be alive. My neighbor had a cabin in Oroville... nothing but a smoldering foundation.

The thing that gets me is seeing the people who died... practically all of them are elderly and/or with disabilities. It really sucks to think about the most vulnerable of a community being left to die...

:wavesad:

chaos

#5 Post by chaos » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:54 pm

The NYT is reporting 71 confirmed dead and over 1,000 missing. Dear God. :sad:

Artemis

#6 Post by Artemis » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:03 pm

Hey California peeps...

How are you doing? Anybody have to evacuate?

creep
Site Admin

#7 Post by creep » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:11 pm

It was really windy here yesterday and there were a few fires that shut down freeways and burned some cars.

PG&E has been turning off power but in Sacramento County we do not have PG&E so we get to keep our power on.

There was a fire where I used to live when I lived on a boat and the school I went to briefly was evacuated.

kv

#8 Post by kv » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:51 pm

I have a few households of family who have been evacuated in the fires up north...fingers crossed

mockbee

#9 Post by mockbee » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:19 pm

wow

:no:

Whats the feeling in cali about the blackouts? Seems like a "solution" from fifty years ago.

There has to be a better eay to handle this? :noclue:

Also, seems Cali is just going to go up in flames regardless, just like our forests up north.........nature is begging for it......

I wish the best for everyone in Cali. :tiphat:

creep
Site Admin

#10 Post by creep » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:41 pm

mockbee wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Whats the feeling in cali about the blackouts? Seems like a "solution" from fifty years ago.
I understand the reason for doing it and I get it. The financial risk is so huge. I think they should sell all of their rural areas and then they become municipal utilities run by the city/county. Not worth the risk. Of course it's become a big political issue and our governor is basically calling PG&E criminals.

I might feel different if the city I work for lost power. Generators would have to be run out to all the pump stations so the sewers do not back up and spill and the wastewater would have to be treated using generator power.

Pandemonium

#11 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:05 am

It was weird yesterday (Saturday) - after a full week of dry Santa Ana conditions, some clouds blew through around 8:30am and it briefly rained and hailed. Rest of the day and today, warm and sunny.

mockbee

#12 Post by mockbee » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:44 am

:wavesad:

My old boss had to evacuate Healdsburg. Said last year, or whatever year, does it matter...... it was so close to his home being burned down. Don't know about this year yet.

Luckily up north is a little quieter. It's really unsettling not being able to breathe your own air, let alone fear for your life/home....

:no:

Pandemonium

#13 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:30 am

Between the fires in the local mountains and the super high, dense humidity and the heat, it's been really unpleasant outside all week. It's not much of a relief swimming in the pool or going to the beach. The air is like soup in the morning. Nature is quickly making up for the really mellow temps we've had most of the year up until the last few weeks. I talked to a friend who lives up North of San Francisco, said the lightning storm they had a few nights ago that started some fires up there was the most intense storm he's ever seen.

mockbee

#14 Post by mockbee » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:22 am

So Cali can't keep the lights on again....?

Not good........

"Green" power has problems...... :noclue: :wavesad:

Cali going to have to go Gen IV nuclear like the rest of the developed world or big big problems in the future......well I think it already has big big problems.... Big big big big.... :scared:

No hydro for sure.

wally

#15 Post by wally » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:32 pm

mockbee wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:22 am

Not good........

Cali going to have to go Gen IV nuclear like the rest of the developed world or big big problems in the future......well I think it already has big big problems.... Big big big big.... :scared:

No hydro for sure.
I was listening to the former director of the CA PUC the other day and he said the argument about green energy not being stable enough is a red herring. The reason we had rolling blackouts is because the CA ISO knew about the coming heatwave but did nothing to bolster supply early enough, some of the older plants take days to come on line.
Also..
https://www.pv-magazine.com/2020/08/20/ ... erational/

Hope you are all alright, I had one friend who had to evacuate her home in Vacaville, not sure what happened yet but she thinks her home is safe.

mockbee

#16 Post by mockbee » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:15 pm

wally wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:32 pm
mockbee wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:22 am

Not good........

No hydro for sure.
I was listening to the former director of the CA PUC the other day and he said the argument about green energy not being stable enough is a red herring. The reason we had rolling blackouts is because the CA ISO knew about the coming heatwave but did nothing to bolster supply early enough, some of the older plants take days to come on line.
Also..
https://www.pv-magazine.com/2020/08/20/ ... erational/

Hope you are all alright, I had one friend who had to evacuate her home in Vacaville, not sure what happened yet but she thinks her home is safe.

Looks like that battery plant has capacity for 250 MW. You'd need 10 of those to equal one typical dam in the NW or an old nuclear plant (I'm no fan of outdated nuclear plants, but Gen IV looks promising) and the energy required to make those batteries is astounding. And they last an average of 15 years before needing to be replaced. PV is great for one off homes and on demand though.

Def mismanagement plays a part... I'm afraid there will be no green miracle though, unless we all decide to live like hermits, which would be good with me... :thumb:

Planet of the Humans took a lot of guts for moore to put out. Yeah I've read all the critiques and it's just a ton of could, would, will, in the future, tech developing, just getting there, etc. All the movie was about is what's happening now and current challenges and that right now there is a ton of fluff and a disaster with no clear exit. Fair enough..

It's ironic us liberals always talk about science, but when it comes to the science on this we bury our heads...... I want green to work out as much as the next guy but the numbers/science is crazy outta wack right now. :noclue:

mockbee

#17 Post by mockbee » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:51 pm

CA......you guys are just not trying hard enough..... :noclue:

:lol:

Looks like its getting a lot worse....... :wavesad:

chaos

#18 Post by chaos » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:03 pm

In addition to the raging fires, I heard it hit 121° today in Woodland Hills and the power went out. How are the ANR Californians doing?

tvrec

#19 Post by tvrec » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:46 pm

I'm in SoCal. It's been record highs almost across the whole state. Luckily we have not had our power cut by SCE, but our AC was cycled off from in the evening for about 3-4 hours. Not comfortable, but certainly nowhere near the harm others in the state have faced with fires raging through wood and chaparral.

Closest fire for me is out in Inland Empire (Yucaipa), which is hazing the sky up with a brilliant orange sun and steady wafting ash. Read this morning that the 7K acres burned so far was set off by gender reveal pyrotechnics gone awry. :banghead:

mockbee

#20 Post by mockbee » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:31 am

Not in California, but just north of the border outside Chiloquin, OR and all up and down the Cascades there are significant fires raging. Last night there were tremendous winds that whipped through the entire state with high temps. In Portland around 7pm high/hot winds started that felt like the Santa Anas, it was a clear evening, then in the span of twenty minutes we were completely socked in with smoke. Worst I've ever seen, could hardly see across the street and had to shut the windows. At about 2am, after terrible winds overnight, I looked outside and it was so weird. It was clear as a bell. No residual smoke whatsoever. I could hardly breath a couple hours before. High winds continue today. Eugene there is so much smoke and ash collecting on the ground.

:scared:

Evacuation orders issued in Marion County as wildfire spreads

Updated 10:42 AM; Today 6:30 AM

By Kale Williams | The Oregonian/OregonLive

Officials in Marion County issued Level 3 “GO” evacuation orders for residents in Santiam Canyon as the Beachie Creek fire continued to spread amid dry conditions and high winds Tuesday morning.

On Monday, residents living in the canyon from the community of Mehama east to Detroit— including Mill City, Gates, Detroit, the North Fork corridor, Scotts Mills and south through the Crooked Finger area—were told to leave immediately. Evacuation orders were expanded early Tuesday to include the area west of the Mehama community to Cascade Highway Southeast and north to Highway 214.

Silver Falls State Park was also being evacuated Tuesday morning, officials said.

Officials opened an evacuation staging area at the Oregon State Fairgrounds, located at 2330 17th St Northeast in Salem and a second evacuation staging area was established at the Deschutes County Fairgrounds.

“We care deeply about the safety of all of our community members. The extreme fire activity in the area poses an imminent danger to anyone who chooses to remain in the evacuated area,” Marion County Sheriff Joe Kast said in a statement. “I encourage anyone still in the Santiam Canyon to leave immediately following the deputies out of the area. I cannot say when the conditions will allow deputies and other emergency responders to return to the area to render assistance. Please leave now.”

Eastbound Highway 22 was closed to allow residents to evacuate from Stayton to Santiam Junction.

The Beachie Creek fire started on Aug. 16 in the Opal Creek Wilderness about 6 miles north of Detroit. The blaze was expected to continue its spread Tuesday with high winds forecast for the area and a red flag warning through 8 p.m. All recreational sites within the Willamette National Forest were closed until further notice and officials were warning folks to avoid travel in the southern half of Mount Hood National Forest.

Several smaller fires were also burning around the Portland metro area Tuesday morning. Firefighters issued Level 2 “GET SET” evacuation orders for Dundee Road in Washington County after a fast-moving brush fire closed the boat ramp and surrounding park at Hagg Lake. Around 9:30 a.m., Firefighters from Forest Grove expanded Level 1 “GET READY” evacuation orders as the fire spread.

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue was working to put out several small fires near Jackson Quarry Road and West Union Road that were sparked by a downed power line. In Clackamas County, crews responded to several fires Monday night, one of which burned through 10 acres of brush and forced the evacuation of four homes. That blaze was brought under control by Tuesday morning and no structures were damaged, but firefighters were responding to new fires near Oregon City, Estacada and off Interstate 205, officials said.

In Lincoln County, on the Oregon Coast, at least three wildfires were burning. A blaze on Echo Mountain Road and another on Kimberling Mountain Road, both off of Highway 18, had resulted in evacuation notices. The third fire, burning near milepost 4 on Highway 34 near Waldport, had been contained, officials said.

The Lionshead fire, burning not far from the Beachie Creek fire, prompted evacuations for the Breitenbush Hot Springs resort and the Devil’s Creek community. In Klamath County, a wildfire discovered Monday night on the Chiloquin Ranger District of the Fremont-Winema National Forest moved three miles over the course of the evening, spreading to more than 1,000 acres with no containment by midnight. The Two Four Two fire, as it’s now called, jumped U.S. 97 and is now burning on both sides, exhibiting “extreme fire behavior,” officials said. Evacuation orders were issued for some areas and others were told to prepare to leave.

guysmiley

#21 Post by guysmiley » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:52 pm

My parents live in Salem. All my friends there are posting crazy pictures that look like night in mid-day. Shitty. Seems like every year now. Some folks I know lost cabins and homes.

mockbee

#22 Post by mockbee » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:00 pm

Evacuations remain in effect due to the Holiday Farm Fire, impacting the communities of Vida, Blue River, Mohawk, McKenzie Bridge, Leaburg, and Walterville. Here is a round up of evacuation notices as of 8:30 p.m. Tuesday:

Level 3 Go Now

Crazy day. Luckily I was at the house with my mom this morning. Whole county under state of emergency. Level 2 be prepared to evacuate issued to a row of towns (Mt Angel, Silverton, Silver Falls) about 10 miles south of the house. Winds were raging (60 mph) in westerly direction. Smoke billowing halfway up the sky for 180 degrees on the horizon. Thought for sure we were going to have to evacuate. The local news said fires are only moving west, and very quickly so we stayed put. It was strangely crisp and clear right outside, but reddish/black/white smoke was taking over the entire sky above. Pretty soon the sun "set" at like 4 pm. It was dark. Except there was a slit of clear sky to the north on the horizon. All the trees and houses around us looked like there were stadium lights on them and the sky was blacked out. The light coming from the horizon. Stranger than the full eclipse I witnessed a year or two ago.

Springfield, next to Eugene, may be screwed. Blue River has burned to the ground, fatalities likely. Vida next and then mohawk valley and Springfield in line of fire.

A guy near us had a house/stables/kennel that has Level 3 evac. Had to go. When he got back, whole house stables and kennels burned to the ground. Animals didnt survive. :sad:

guysmiley

#23 Post by guysmiley » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Well crap. Got friends in silverton and Eugene/springfield. Hope everyone is safe.

mockbee

#24 Post by mockbee » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:08 am

Here's Oregon, Washington and Northern California yesterday.

Just Oregon.

:jasper:

:balls:

mockbee

#25 Post by mockbee » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:54 am

guysmiley wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:52 pm
My parents live in Salem. All my friends there are posting crazy pictures that look like night in mid-day. Shitty. Seems like every year now. Some folks I know lost cabins and homes.
This is close to what it looked like driving up I-5 yesterday around Woodburn (this is North of Eugene)

The farms and ranches are really having problems.

Eugene

Lumberyards going up in flames as well, (this one in Estacada)