Page 1 of 2

Your Last Purchase

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:35 pm
by SR
So, I have been hearing some songs recently that 30+ years ago are taking me right back to a time that seems like someone else, but also with acute recollections of specific times (and frames of mind) where I was listening. Lately, it's been bumming me out...the reasons aren't important, at least here :lol: . So I have been making some purchases recently...things I would never have considered, like ...ever. Here is the latest.
live-aid-band-aid-1985-symbol-lgbt-classic-t-shirt.jpg
live-aid-band-aid-1985-symbol-lgbt-classic-t-shirt.jpg (33.97 KiB) Viewed 2982 times
One for me, one for my son. I wear black t's. I haven't worn a logo or another color for as long as I can remember. I think it's bothering me that my son only knows me as dad, the fucking dad and not my pre kiddo state. I don't know...who fuckin cares :lol:

So if your buying cool shit as you age...post it, or don't. Maybe what you want, or not

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:02 pm
by Pandemonium
Some recent book buys which include 3 books about Killing Joke - Twilight Of The Mortals (excellent photo book), Youth's Killing Joke 2018 tour photo book (just ok), the Killing Joke lyric book and a big Bernie Wrightson (one of my favorite comic artists form the 70's) book that reproduces many of his best comic book pages from the original art at full size and the gigantic "Fantastic Four" book that includes repros of key comics from the mid 60's.

Image

And some recent music buys, including some used cd goodies from this weekends foray into various record stores in Burbank that include a hard to find live Doors set and the Joy Division box set:

Image

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:36 pm
by sinep
Thom Yorke’s new album Anima
Thom Yorke tour for Greek in October
King Gizard Lizard Wizard tickets for tomorrow at the Greek.
Pre-ordered the new Tool album
My girlfriend recently bought my Animal Collectives Merriweather Post Pavilion on Vinyl

Oh and some Rick and Morty hard cover comic book collections...

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:40 pm
by sinep
How have you been Pandemonium???

You ever wonder how many times we’ve passed on the freeway?

How are you enjoying the 405 construction?

Why don’t we ever hang out???? Meet me at “The Sundown” on Westminster and Beach next Wednesday at 8:45pm and I’ll buy you a beer...

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:52 pm
by Pandemonium
sinep wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:40 pm
How have you been Pandemonium???

You ever wonder how many times we’ve passed on the freeway?

How are you enjoying the 405 construction?

Why don’t we ever hang out???? Meet me at “The Sundown” on Westminster and Beach next Wednesday at 8:45pm and I’ll buy you a beer...
I've been good. 405 freeway is as bad as always, construction or not. At least my son's graduated from school so I don't drive back and forth twice a day down to Lake Forest to drop him off and pick him up. Have to take a rain check on Friday - it's our anniversary!

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:41 am
by SR
What is that Prince CD, and what store beckons from far away Burbank?

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 pm
by sinep
Hi SR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:08 pm
by Pandemonium
SR wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:41 am
What is that Prince CD, and what store beckons from far away Burbank?
That Prince cd is called "Originals" and came out a month or two ago. It's a compilation of 15 mostly unreleased original versions of songs he did for other artists like Nothing Compares 2 U, Manic Monday and The Glamorous Life. For a hodge-podge release w/ some tracks mostly elaborate demos, it's surprisingly good.

As for (record) stores in Burbank, the best one is Atomic Records on Magnolia. The whole 5 mile stretch of Magnolia between the 5 going south to the 170/101 freeway has dozens of old mom n' pop record, book, musical instrument and other weird, esoteric stores like Halloween Town for example. One place I wanted to check out but was closed was Imperial Vintage Guitars.

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:10 pm
by wally
Image
this sexy beast
:bday:

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:47 pm
by kv
A plane ticket to go fishing in wisconsin in two weeks :yeay:

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:14 am
by SR
Pandemonium wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:08 pm
SR wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:41 am
What is that Prince CD, and what store beckons from far away Burbank?
That Prince cd is called "Originals" and came out a month or two ago. It's a compilation of 15 mostly unreleased original versions of songs he did for other artists like Nothing Compares 2 U, Manic Monday and The Glamorous Life. For a hodge-podge release w/ some tracks mostly elaborate demos, it's surprisingly good.

As for (record) stores in Burbank, the best one is Atomic Records on Magnolia. The whole 5 mile stretch of Magnolia between the 5 going south to the 170/101 freeway has dozens of old mom n' pop record, book, musical instrument and other weird, esoteric stores like Halloween Town for example. One place I wanted to check out but was closed was Imperial Vintage Guitars.
Nah, I'm not surprised it's really good. Nice find.


I am from the valley, and after ND asked me to not return, I ended up in Burbank for my last year of HS. I don't recall this stretch, but it sounds kinda cool.

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:17 am
by SR
sinep wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 pm
Hi SR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw you in my rear view on the 405, penis! :tiphat: Good to see ya roamin around these parts.

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:14 am
by Larry B.
Holidays in Punta Cana. With our luck, we’ll get a couple of hurricanes.

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:44 am
by SR
wally wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:10 pm
Image
this sexy beast
:bday:
I am completely over my SC. Rigid...every bump, pothole, or turn is eiher a Tyson shot to the kidneys or a slow upright test of my patience. I want a Buell Lightning or a Ducatti Monster.
Buell.png
Buell.png (57.71 KiB) Viewed 2821 times

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:59 pm
by Artemis
I bought a Maple wood French rolling pin. I know. Very exciting. :lol:

Image

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:32 am
by wally
SR wrote: I am completely over my SC. Rigid...every bump, pothole, or turn is eiher a Tyson shot to the kidneys or a slow upright test of my patience. I want a Buell Lightning or a Ducatti Monster.
Ive always like the buells, but I'd probably skip getting one at this point due to parts availability. That monster is a beauty!

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:52 am
by SR
wally wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:32 am
SR wrote: I am completely over my SC. Rigid...every bump, pothole, or turn is eiher a Tyson shot to the kidneys or a slow upright test of my patience. I want a Buell Lightning or a Ducatti Monster.
Ive always like the buells, but I'd probably skip getting one at this point due to parts availability. That monster is a beauty!
What is your Honda? They all look very similar as style and performance go

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:22 am
by wally
SR wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:52 am
wally wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:32 am
SR wrote: I am completely over my SC. Rigid...every bump, pothole, or turn is eiher a Tyson shot to the kidneys or a slow upright test of my patience. I want a Buell Lightning or a Ducatti Monster.
Ive always like the buells, but I'd probably skip getting one at this point due to parts availability. That monster is a beauty!
What is your Honda? They all look very similar as style and performance go
It's a 2019 CB650R

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:08 pm
by intertwoven
Image

Just spent a K on a baseball card like the giant dork with disposable income that I am.

Re: Your Last Purchase

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:16 am
by SR
That is some serious cardboard. There must be some very real investment criteria collectors go by that, in addition to emotion and card production, set the prices?