Covid19 Positive

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
MicrowavedGerbil

Covid19 Positive

#1 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:47 pm

For 2 weeks now. It's got to be THE most irritating and tiring thing I have gone thru in quite a while. apparently I have the mild symptoms (couldn't imagine the severe ones) the dry cough has got to be the most stressful part of it all. I cant be near any bad smell or else it will naturally make me gag which will then begin this chain reaction that will trigger my cough then eventually gag some more until I vomit. sleeping is non existent and eating is a privilege. The cough isn't satisfying, not like theres phlegm I'm clearing from my throat or an itch in my throat. It's just this very dry feeling that makes it difficult to take deep breaths. The fevers are mild, a tylenol usually always does the trick. Diarrhea was pretty insane. I was literally pissing poop. Other than that its manageable. I'm just over this shit. Fuck corona dry cough.

mockbee

Re: Covid19 Positive

#2 Post by mockbee » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:54 pm

Wow. That sounds bad. Sorry to hear...

Do you know how/where you got it? Are the symptoms getting better after 2 weeks?

Hope you get better soon.
:sad:

MicrowavedGerbil

#3 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:25 pm

I'm not sure how i got it, I've been working janitorial since I got laid off my real job in March. Not sure how much that maybe have factored in. Well, it's hard to tell. The symptoms come and go. The cough is the only consistent symptom and unfortunately its showing no sign of slowing down :sad:

mockbee

#4 Post by mockbee » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:28 pm

I know it's different, but your symptoms sound a lot like when I had pneumonia about 20 years ago. I had a pretty bad fever as well though, like 102/3 F for 5 or 6 days, but luckily I recovered pretty quickly with antibiotics. Coughing then constantly vomiting was the worst. I also couldn't hold down water and had to go to the hospital.

Hope you have some community to talk to on the phone at least.....I imagine you can't see anybody.
:pat:

Well, at least you aren't in the hospital....hospitals are the WORST! :nod:

mockbee

#5 Post by mockbee » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:49 am

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:47 pm
For 2 weeks now. It's got to be THE most irritating and tiring thing I have gone thru in quite a while. apparently I have the mild symptoms (couldn't imagine the severe ones) the dry cough has got to be the most stressful part of it all. I cant be near any bad smell or else it will naturally make me gag which will then begin this chain reaction that will trigger my cough then eventually gag some more until I vomit. sleeping is non existent and eating is a privilege. The cough isn't satisfying, not like theres phlegm I'm clearing from my throat or an itch in my throat. It's just this very dry feeling that makes it difficult to take deep breaths. The fevers are mild, a tylenol usually always does the trick. Diarrhea was pretty insane. I was literally pissing poop. Other than that its manageable. I'm just over this shit. Fuck corona dry cough.
If you feel like it. Post again to give us an update on how you are doing.

Has to be the worst that you csnt see anybody, or they have to be on Hazmat mode with faces covered.....
:balls:

:ax: :ax:

mockbee

#6 Post by mockbee » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:49 am

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:
If you feel like it. Post again to give us an update on how you are doing.

Has to be the worst that you csnt see anybody, or they have to be on Hazmat mode with faces covered.....
:balls:

:ax: FU COVID

Larry B.

#7 Post by Larry B. » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:03 pm

One of my friends had it... he spent 3-4 days feeling horrible, and his doc suggested a hospitalisation. The hospitals were collapsed, so he had to stay home. Very high fever, never-ending coughing fits, ravaged with muscular pain, etc.

He’s now doing much better, and is in good spirits.

Pandemonium

#8 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:19 pm

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:
How did you manage to get tested and how long did it take to get the results?

At least within my health coverage, I have to be showing serious symptoms to get a doctors referral. The other option is going to a clinic or drive through test site and pay cash which ranges around $125. If I want to find out if I have the antibodies, same thing but that test runs over $150. I recently checked out a local lab advertising that test and they were charging over $400.

Anyhow, kick it’s ass!

creep
Site Admin

#9 Post by creep » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:34 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:19 pm
MicrowavedGerbil wrote:
How did you manage to get tested and how long did it take to get the results?

At least within my health coverage, I have to be showing serious symptoms to get a doctors referral. The other option is going to a clinic or drive through test site and pay cash which ranges around $125. If I want to find out if I have the antibodies, same thing but that test runs over $150. I recently checked out a local lab advertising that test and they were charging over $400.

Anyhow, kick it’s ass!
If you did want to get tested for free

https://www.projectbaseline.com/study/covid-19/

It's not antibody though. At least up here you can get tested with no symptoms.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#10 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:14 pm

I got an antibody test for free at a nearby Urgent Care. Those and actual Covid tests are free all over St. Louis.

mockbee

#11 Post by mockbee » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:39 am

Hokahey wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:14 pm
I got an antibody test for free at a nearby Urgent Care. Those and actual Covid tests are free all over St. Louis.
Did you have antibodies?

I don't trust the tests anyways. Most doctors who have experience with COVID don't trust them.
The false negatives are staggering....

Gilmore, who was otherwise healthy, spent the next seven nights at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. He tested negative for the flu and a chest X-ray showed pneumonia in his lungs. He spent six days on oxygen. Over the course of his weeklong stay, Gilmore was tested two more times for coronavirus, both with nasal swabs. Both tests came back negative. Health-care workers seemed to shrug off the result, Gilmore said, telling him that the tests produced false negatives 30 percent of the time.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/06 ... tests.html

Coronavirus testing

How Reliable Are COVID-19 Tests?

June 10, 2020
By James D. Walsh

Gilmore, who was otherwise healthy, spent the next seven nights at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. He tested negative for the flu and a chest X-ray showed pneumonia in his lungs. He spent six days on oxygen. Over the course of his weeklong stay, Gilmore was tested two more times for coronavirus, both with nasal swabs. Both tests came back negative. Health-care workers seemed to shrug off the result, Gilmore said, telling him that the tests produced false negatives 30 percent of the time. It’s a figure that has circulated widely since it first appeared in a Chinese study, published in February, that evaluated different tests than the ones now being used at hospitals in the U.S.

“He 100 percent absolutely had coronavirus,” said a friend of Gilmore’s, an ICU nurse assigned to COVID-19 patients at a Philadelphia hospital. “It wasn’t just his external symptoms, but his internal blood work. There’s nothing else that it could have been.” (The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania did not return requests for comment.)

Gilmore was given his own room away from other COVID-19 patients — in case he was, in fact, negative — but he was treated as if he had the disease. “You would be amazed at the number of different people who have told me similar stories while I was in there,” Gilmore said. “I had a nurse and a doctor separately telling me about two different cases in their hospital where people tested negative three times, and then tested positive on a fourth time.” Officially, Gilmore said, the hospital did not count him among its coronavirus numbers: “When I finally left the hospital I asked if they counted me in their system as a COVID patient, and they said they didn’t, which is crazy to me.”

Gilmore’s experience, exhibiting all the symptoms of COVID-19 but never receiving a clear COVID-19 diagnosis, isn’t uncommon. As testing ramps up nationwide, so has concern over inconclusive test results. From Atlanta to El Paso, patients have been admitted to hospitals soon after testing negative for COVID-19. A 39-year-old COVID-19 patient near Los Angeles needed to be put on life support after testing negative even as he gasped for air in the emergency room. A man in San Francisco, who had been a passenger aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship, took more than a dozen tests, the results alternating between positive and negative. General confusion about the accuracy of COVID-19 tests has sowed skepticism even in the medical community.

In March, Spain ordered 640,000 tests made in China only to discover the kits had a detection rate of 30 percent. In April, the U.K. canceled an order for 4 million kits from China after researchers at Oxford University found them to be inaccurate. In the U.S., skepticism spiked when NYU Langone Health released the results of a small, yet-to-be-peer-reviewed study that found Abbott Laboratories’s ID NOW, a rapid testing machine used in the White House and touted by the president at a Rose Garden press conference, may be wrong as much as 50 percent of the time. :yikes:

Abbott, which has used ID NOW to run nearly 2 million tests across the country, disputed NYU’s research and pointed to a University of Washington study that found the machines to be 91 percent accurate.
:lolol: :lolol:

Yeah, the guy who is making $$$$$$$$$$$$$ says....it's good. :eyes:

mockbee

#12 Post by mockbee » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:12 am

Also, that's not to say there shouldn't be testing going on.

Just the false negatives makes it so from a personal benefit, they are not very helpful.

But from a societal standpoint, they may be helpful, as a positive result will get you off the street/out of the home. Also, very likely you could have a false negative and be in hospital, or at home, but not be contagious.

But if you are feeling fine. Why bother?

:noclue:

I want to know if you can have no symptoms, have it with false negative test results, but still be contagious.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#13 Post by Hokahey » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:24 pm

Negative for antibodies.

mockbee

#14 Post by mockbee » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:03 am

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:25 pm
I'm not sure how i got it, I've been working janitorial since I got laid off my real job in March. Not sure how much that maybe have factored in. Well, it's hard to tell. The symptoms come and go. The cough is the only consistent symptom and unfortunately its showing no sign of slowing down :sad:
Don't know how often you check in here. But I was curious how your symptoms are. Completely gone? Still lingering?

:wave:

MicrowavedGerbil

#15 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:03 am

Shit guys, I'm sorry. I was sick for another 2 weeks after this and totally forgot to check in. I'm guessing its news from the past.. but anyhow I survived lol

sinep

#16 Post by sinep » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:35 pm

I had 10 flights in February and March so I've probably already had it. No symptoms yet. I had a friend with a "no symptom" positive case though.

LAX>Buenos Aires>Iguazu>Buenos Aires>Ushuaia>El Calafate>Buenos Aires>LAX>Home...Home...Home...LAX>Batton Rouge>LAX

Sorry Larry B... never made it to Chile. :-( next time!!!!!!!!!!!!

mockbee

#17 Post by mockbee » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:31 am

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:03 am
Shit guys, I'm sorry. I was sick for another 2 weeks after this and totally forgot to check in. I'm guessing its news from the past.. but anyhow I survived lol

Really good to hear. :wave:

I assume/sounds like no persistent symptoms. That's awesome.

MicrowavedGerbil

#18 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:26 am

mockbee wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:31 am
MicrowavedGerbil wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:03 am

Really good to hear. :wave:

I assume/sounds like no persistent symptoms. That's awesome.

Nahh, they're all gone completely. Some of my friends claim they havent felt the same since theirs tho.. idk what that's about.

Larry B.

#19 Post by Larry B. » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:09 am

sinep wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:35 pm
I had 10 flights in February and March so I've probably already had it. No symptoms yet. I had a friend with a "no symptom" positive case though.

LAX>Buenos Aires>Iguazu>Buenos Aires>Ushuaia>El Calafate>Buenos Aires>LAX>Home...Home...Home...LAX>Batton Rouge>LAX

Sorry Larry B... never made it to Chile. :-( next time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heyyyy!!! Glad that you couldn’t make it to Chile this time, because when you were here I was in Turkey and we couldn’t have met.

Did you enjoy Argentina and the glaciers?

creep
Site Admin

#20 Post by creep » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:20 am

Larry B. wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:09 am
I was in Turkey
:hs:

vacation????

sinep

#21 Post by sinep » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:00 pm

amazing! the glaciers were great.

mockbee

#22 Post by mockbee » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:28 pm

creep wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:20 am
Larry B. wrote:
I was in Turkey

vacation????

Sounds awesome. :rockon:

I have always wanted to go. Turkey, Lebanon / Israel but would need to get a second passport.

What did you do/see there?

Larry B.

#23 Post by Larry B. » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:04 am

creep wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:20 am
Larry B. wrote:
I was in Turkey

vacation????
Yeah! We went for about two weeks and visited Istanbul, Pamukkale and Urfa (so we could visit Gobekli Tepe.)

It was really, really good. So much better than what I expected. I think it was the first time that I visited a place that much different from what I’m used to. The language, the religion, the culture... just everything. Obviously, my first time in Asia and my first visit to a Muslim country.

Visiting Gobekli Tepe was a bit of a dream come true. It’s the oldest ‘temple’ ever found, from about 10,000 BC.

And just being there in Mesopotamia felt odd.

I think it was also the first time I was in a country that was currently at war, and when we were in Urfa we were just a few miles away from the conflict zone in Syria.

And Istanbul is otherwordly. I wish we could’ve stayed for longer.

mockbee

#24 Post by mockbee » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:52 am

Wooow.....

Dedication to get so far southeast to Urfa. Looks like it would be beautiful by the way.... I would never have the guts to do that. You're less than 100 miles from Raqqa! :scared:
I suppose that's when it helps to be brown.... :lol:
Did you see many Western white people around?

My mom was in Armenia earlier last year and was going to go to Mt Ararat in Turkey (I was not happy about that), but didnt because the Russians blocked them, less of an ISIS problem up there. :tiphat:

Muslim countries are fascinating for sure. Very different like you say. I absolutely love their sense of design and architecture.

I understand your passion to see super old places in the middle of nowhere. It took me half a week to get to/from Karakorum (Mongol seat of power 13th C) and it is just a couple stuppas and a small stone turtle in the ground. It was soooo worth it. :nod:

Did you fly to each of your locations?
.........or bus? :bday: :rockon:

Sounds like a great trip. Would be really neat to see those pools in Pammukale.... :thumb:

Maybe I can go with Creep when we can travel again... :noclue: :cool: