Hype wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:44 pm
Juana wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:37 am
Hype wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:26 am
Juana wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:30 am
1981 so I was on the tail end of Gen X funny thing is my mother was 1965 so she was I guess part of the start of Gen X
Your mom was only 16 when she had you?! Wow. I mean, that explains being technically part of the same "generation".
Yeah lucky for her (and me) she had a loving family that accepted it. My daughters are 23 and 21 so I guess making fuck trophies early runs in the family. I turn 39 this month, life is really fucking weird like that.
My parents are boomers. We're not that far apart in age, but totally different family generations.
Yeah it was weird growing up as everyone though she was my older sister but she got me to love piano and guitar and to listen to anything I could and enjoy any art gallery I could find so it worked out I suppose.

Artemis

Re: Which Generation Are You?

#22 Post by Artemis » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:13 pm

Juana, I had no idea you had kids! :yikes: Don't think you've ever mentioned them before. Happy soon to be birthday! :bday:

I was born in '67. My parents were a little older for the time. My father was 41 when I was born and my mother was 30. I was also one of the few only children in my peer group. On average, my friends had 3 or 4 siblings, which was normal then.

Juana

#23 Post by Juana » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:23 pm

Artemis wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:13 pm
Juana, I had no idea you had kids! :yikes: Don't think you've ever mentioned them before. Happy soon to be birthday! :bday:

I was born in '67. My parents were a little older for the time. My father was 41 when I was born and my mother was 30. I was also one of the few only children in my peer group. On average, my friends had 3 or 4 siblings, which was normal then.
Yeah I do not talk about them (Sarah and Samantha) much I want them to make their own mark on this world, their mother hates me because I've been the cool parent (which albeit has been hard since yah know) but they're the greatest things that have ever happened to me. Also they love NS so I mean I hope I raised them well.

thoreau

#24 Post by thoreau » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:37 pm

guysmiley wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:17 pm
I always found it difficult to fit in a category. I was born in 1981. A lot of people my age kind of identify as x but get called a millennial. I always related more to xers. But felt too young. Kind of a list year around 81 for some reason. We're probably the last generation to have a childhood without a computer or internet at home.
I was born in 1982, and always found the category hard to fit in too. My childhood best friend was 5 years older than me and got me into most things that were a good bit ahead of my typical age range (one big one being Jane's). I've always related to Xers because of this and found most millennials on a different plain.

chaos

#25 Post by chaos » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:51 am

Panda - Have you ever taken a DNA test (like 23andME) for health info?

Has anyone else here?

My husband and I have talked about the pros/cons and are interested, but are still up in the air.

Juana

#26 Post by Juana » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:30 am

chaos wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:51 am
Panda - Have you ever taken a DNA test (like 23andME) for health info?

Has anyone else here?

My husband and I have talked about the pros/cons and are interested, but are still up in the air.
I have not but I figure all the shit I put myself thru and then changing my lifestyle to a much healthier one it was okay. I already had cancer and I know that can hit anyone but both my grandfathers etc had heart issues. Would be interesting to know what I'm predisposed to genetically however.