Depp/Heard WHO CARES?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Bandit72

Depp/Heard WHO CARES?

#1 Post by Bandit72 » Wed May 18, 2022 9:03 am

Can anyone tell me why this car crash court case is getting SO much coverage? I've even found myself watching memes of it (some are amusing I must admit)

From what I can gather he's an ex alcoholic/junkie and had all the bad traits that go with those things, and she's just one massive Psycho Hose Beast.

You'd have thought it would be a match made in heaven :lol:

trevor ayer

Re: Depp/Heard WHO CARES?

#2 Post by trevor ayer » Wed May 18, 2022 9:25 am

cuz metoo gave women free reign to say all sorts of bullshit and now we are seeing a bit of truth beyond all the bs accusations

Artemis

#3 Post by Artemis » Thu May 19, 2022 10:48 am

I haven't been following. I didn't realize it was being televised like the OJ trial until he other day. :noclue:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#4 Post by Hokahey » Thu May 19, 2022 1:21 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:25 am
cuz metoo gave women free reign to say all sorts of bullshit and now we are seeing a bit of truth beyond all the bs accusations
Far more than that, it forced a reckoning and consequences for many men and industries with a very long history of abusing women.

kv

#5 Post by kv » Thu May 19, 2022 3:09 pm

As I read that post I tried to imagine which asshole here would post such bullshit.... :I wasn't surprised when I saw the name...this trial is the worst thing for me too because it will embolden the assholes again

clickie

#6 Post by clickie » Mon May 23, 2022 4:00 am

Most of Johnny Depps movies kind of suck. The only one's I really liked were Donnie Brasco and Blow. I never got into those Pirates of the Caribbean flicks.

clickie

#7 Post by clickie » Mon May 23, 2022 8:20 pm

I didn't mean to throw Johnny under the bus because the lawsuits have nothing to do with their movies.

trevor ayer

#8 Post by trevor ayer » Wed May 25, 2022 6:33 am

kv i am for the truth and if that makes me an asshole so be it .. congratulations on never dating a predatory gold digger abusive psycho women .. i was married to one barely out of my teens (she was 35) and seeing this kind of amber heard behavior publicly scorned and ridiculed brings joy to my heart .. there are just as many shitty alcoholic spoiled rotten abusive women out there as there are men .. and i am not team depp by any means .. just fed up with the one sided bs narratives that these abusers get away with .. nice to see the balance and public accountability .. it does not empower male abusers to say that women rape punch hit slander and abuse men and children .. it empowers male and child victims to know too that this is also abuse even if it comes from a woman instead of a man, and it discredits women who use the "victim card" to abuse men who have tried to walk away peacefully.

Mescal

#9 Post by Mescal » Wed May 25, 2022 8:20 am

clickie wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:00 am
Most of Johnny Depps movies kind of suck. The only one's I really liked were Donnie Brasco and Blow. I never got into those Pirates of the Caribbean flicks.

I liked Fear and Loathing ....

Bandit72

#10 Post by Bandit72 » Thu May 26, 2022 1:08 am

Mescal wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:20 am
clickie wrote:

What's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas like? Never seen it.

Mescal

#11 Post by Mescal » Thu May 26, 2022 4:11 am

Really?

A cult classic around these parts.

It's basically Johnny Depp taking drugs and running around the desert.

I liked it .... been ages since I've seen it though

clickie

#12 Post by clickie » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:47 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:33 am
kv i am for the truth and if that makes me an asshole so be it .. congratulations on never dating a predatory gold digger abusive psycho women .. i was married to one barely out of my teens (she was 35) and seeing this kind of amber heard behavior publicly scorned and ridiculed brings joy to my heart .. there are just as many shitty alcoholic spoiled rotten abusive women out there as there are men .. and i am not team depp by any means .. just fed up with the one sided bs narratives that these abusers get away with .. nice to see the balance and public accountability .. it does not empower male abusers to say that women rape punch hit slander and abuse men and children .. it empowers male and child victims to know too that this is also abuse even if it comes from a woman instead of a man, and it discredits women who use the "victim card" to abuse men who have tried to walk away peacefully.
Yeah you can't decide someone like Johnny shouldn't get fair justice because it might hurt the me too movement.

clickie

#13 Post by clickie » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:29 am

Mescal wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:20 am
clickie wrote:

I left out a couple other good ones. Gilbert Grape, and also The Ninth Gate.