NBA

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
kv

Re: NBA 2011/12(?)

#61 Post by kv » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:59 pm

ya shutting down the trade is best for the hornets so they get nothing when paul leaves them at the end of the 66 game season...they would have stock piled talent with this trade...it's just cav hate for big market teams that they will never be....nobody wants to go to fucking cleveland look at the nfl...hell if the owners were smart they would have put in a franchise tag to keep players like this but noooooooooooooooo

guysmiley

#62 Post by guysmiley » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:01 am

If you're a Laker fan I don't see how this looks like a good trade? Paul is is still not what he was before he got hurt, even though he's a great PG I don't think he's a long term guy. Gasol and Odom? There goes all your size. Who else is left to get Howard? I think its a bad move. If you're the Hornets, it's probably the best they'll get for him. If I were them, I would ideally want Curry, but that's not going to happen.

Edit: Howard wants to go to the Nets? WTF? :confused:

kv

#63 Post by kv » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:04 am

bynum for howard

ie howard with best front court in last 40 years with artest =ring ring who is it?

curry is off any table per what the team said yesterday

guysmiley

#64 Post by guysmiley » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:10 am

kv wrote:bynum for howard

ie howard with best front court in last 40 years with artest =ring ring who is it?

curry is off any table per what the team said yesterday
No way they take Bynum strait up. Too immature and injury pron

kv

#65 Post by kv » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:14 am

you're right...why take a young 2 time champion 7 footer when you can wait a year and get NOTHING :noclue:

thats whats so silly about this and the paul trade these fuckers are gone at the end of the year...GONE THEY WILL GET NOTHING FOR THEM..

or take champions and draft picks and rebuild back up

Juana

#66 Post by Juana » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:16 am

Yeah Gilbert's wah fest is going to fuck NO. There are only two small market teams that are going to do well next year and that is OKC and SA.

But now ESPN is saying the Paul deal is on hold. I hope Paul sues them because he would have a case for collusion especially with the email leaked. But also not doing this trade is going to fuck the Lakers now because Odom and Gasoft are being little bitches about it, news flash Dr Buss doesn't like being swept. He blows up the team every 6 or so years so that way he's always got a good team to entertain and keep the TV revenue coming in.

Also why is Luke Walton still on the team they should use the amnesty on his contract?

But if they have to chose they need to get the big. Kobe and Howard = better chance at rings.

kv

#67 Post by kv » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:18 am

Juana wrote:Yeah Gilbert's wah fest is going to fuck NO. There are only two small market teams that are going to do well next year and that is OKC and SA.

But now ESPN is saying the Paul deal is on hold. I hope Paul sues them because he would have a case for collusion especially with the email leaked. But also not doing this trade is going to fuck the Lakers now because Odom and Gasoft are being little bitches about it, news flash Dr Buss doesn't like being swept. He blows up the team every 6 or so years so that way he's always got a good team to entertain and keep the TV revenue coming in.

Also why is Luke Walton still on the team they should use the amnesty on his contract?

But if they have to chose they need to get the big. Kobe and Howard = better chance at rings.
because waltons contract is a trading stone for expiring contracts to teams freeing up money thats why

guysmiley

#68 Post by guysmiley » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:19 am

The Hornets should have taken the deal yes. Bynum for Howard seems like a horrible idea. Bynum is a champ by default. I wouldn't build around him. But that's me. I think Gasol, Odom and Artest gave you guys the something special.

guysmiley

#69 Post by guysmiley » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:21 am

kv wrote:
Juana wrote:Yeah Gilbert's wah fest is going to fuck NO. There are only two small market teams that are going to do well next year and that is OKC and SA.

because waltons contract is a trading stone for expiring contracts to teams freeing up money thats why
I think you have 30 mins till they legally can waive him. Doesn't trading and business officially open on Friday?

kv

#70 Post by kv » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:22 am

name 3 true centers in the nba better then bynum? you can't

guysmiley

#71 Post by guysmiley » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:23 am

Agreed. I don't understand the reasoning for getting Paul? Blow up one of the best front courts for a PG and no guarantee for a big or even two replacements.

guysmiley

#72 Post by guysmiley » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:25 am

kv wrote:name 3 true centers in the nba better then bynum? you can't
true but they could get a better deal I'm sure.

Juana

#73 Post by Juana » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:31 am

Yeah I know but I hate Luke hated him since college. RJ was always the cooler of the two even though they were always out and about in Tucson together.

I don't hate Gasol but IF Orlando said they wanted him and Bynum then they have to do that trade. There is no way I would take Bynum straight up for Howard if I'm Orlando. Bynum has never played a full season was parking in handicap spots this off season and Orlando has a FAR better deal than just Bynum straight up, and that is Lopez and two non lottery protected 1st round picks from the Nets.

The good news though is Dallas is losing Butler and Chandler and now Dirk has to go back to protecting the rim which we all know what happens when he has to do that. They're also going to overpay for JJ which is nice too.

I could be a dick and name 3 that are better but I will not. I would say Bynum is the second best big in the league but then again I do count whether or not the player actually plays and when you miss 20-40 games every year no matter how talented Bynum does no good sitting on the bench and he will get hurt again this year more than likely that is why Orlando will do the Nets deal unless LA sweetens the deal.

Juana

#74 Post by Juana » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:39 am

Lopez is a 17/8/2 player for his career is only 23 and is only making 3 million this season and NEVER missed a game due to injury.

Bynum is a 11/8/2 player for his career and is 24 but is making 15 million this year and has missed an average of 31 games per season the last 4 years.

While I think Bynum is the more talented of the two players if you're Orlando and you get to non lottery protected draft picks included in the deal which one would you take?

kv

#75 Post by kv » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:45 am

bynum all day lopez didn't have gasol taking his points

Juana

#76 Post by Juana » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:56 am

Yeah but he did have Favors in there with him before the trade for DWill and Lopez is always in the line up. 3 seasons and never missed 1 game. Bynum on average is going to miss 40% of every season.

But what is pissing me off is the way that Odom took to being traded they have both been traded before and they're both getting older and Dr Buss always does this after a disappointing season like last year. I know that Gasol and Odom think this group has another rodeo left in them but obviously Buss doesn't think so. Honestly I think Odom is really only mad because he can't be a TV star in NOLA. They had to know that changes were coming and the only untouchable player was Kobe.

Juana

#77 Post by Juana » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:02 am

SO what happens if New Orleans can trade him somewhere else because then its going to make Stern and his cronies look really bad. So I hope now that the league's Hornets have to keep him and then he walks at the end of the year and the non big market teams have to eat the money that the Hornets will lose. Keep in mind Cuban, Buss, Boston, Chicago, Knicks none of those owners approved the buy out of the Hornets.

kv

#78 Post by kv » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:04 am

Juana wrote:Yeah but he did have Favors in there with him before the trade for DWill and Lopez is always in the line up. 3 seasons and never missed 1 game. Bynum on average is going to miss 40% of every season.

But what is pissing me off is the way that Odom took to being traded they have both been traded before and they're both getting older and Dr Buss always does this after a disappointing season like last year. I know that Gasol and Odom think this group has another rodeo left in them but obviously Buss doesn't think so. Honestly I think Odom is really only mad because he can't be a TV star in NOLA. They had to know that changes were coming and the only untouchable player was Kobe.
that average is fucked he missed a season to a blown knee that isn't gonna happen every other year or he'll be gone...would you trade lopez straight up for bynum? fuck no you wouldn't stop being silly...as for odom he is crushed his dream team wants to break up with him i'd be bummed too

kv

#79 Post by kv » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:37 am

creep
Site Admin

#80 Post by creep » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:53 am

i think you guys will be glad the deal didn't go down and you will probably end up with him next year.

odom is sort of being a baby about it. he needs to understanding this is a business and not take it personal.

Juana

#81 Post by Juana » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:45 am

2005-2006 36 games missed recovering from surgery remember he was recovering from surgery when Jimmy boy drafted him
2006-2007 82 games played w00t
2007-2008 47 games missed in the regular season as well as another 21 in the playoffs
2008-2009 32 games missed due to injury
2009-2010 17 games missed due to injury
2010-2011 28 games missed due to injury

492-160 reg season games = 332

So basically in 6 seasons counting the ONE out of 6 seasons he played a full season he has still missed 33% of his games to injury/recovering from injury.

Where as Orlando would be trading a player that rarely misses a game for a player that never misses a game. Lakers are not getting Howard. No chance in hell it happens unless they offer both Bynum and Gasol for him.

Creep -- they got swept, the team as constructed as Magic Johnson stated needed to be blown up because they will not win another title with this core and Dr Buss will not continue to pay luxury taxes if they're not going to at least make it to the finals. But since they can not pry Howard away from Orlando more than likely then they need to trade for Paul so that way Dr Buss has a star to market while they try to rebuild and shed 40 million in payroll in the process.

Juana

#82 Post by Juana » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:39 am

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_ ... -tampering

Looks like the Howard to NJ might have hit a snaffu and NJ is going to have to give up a lot, plus if they allow this trade to happen then they have to allow the Paul trade to happen because it would allow one large market team to acquire a player while another is not allowed to even though they're giving up two of the top 30 players in the league in the trade.

Juana

#83 Post by Juana » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Well fuck, now we have Fisher starting again and no shot at Paul. Have emo Pau / Odom now. Those two will probably have shit seasons. Oh well hopefully Kobe's knee holds up for a couple more rodeos because Stern has decided he doesn't want the Lakers to be good after the Kobe era is over.

SR

#84 Post by SR » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:24 pm

Pau's gonna kill it. Space Cadet Odum.... :aoa: :noclue:

SR

#85 Post by SR » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Pau's got a new coach (Jackson treated him like the dishtowels) and major incentive.....and Shannon's gone.